Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban calls out students at Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,414

Saban calls out students at Bama

Oct 4, 2018, 9:01 AM

Good for him, we need to call out Clemson students as well. There were a few thousand empty seats in the student section last Saturday. That is really disappointing. I was at Clemson in mid-late 90's when we had a loosing record and still didn't miss a football game. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban calls out students at Bama

Oct 4, 2018, 9:08 AM

I agree, but it’s not completely their fault. My daughter tried to get them when she went back and they said you had to sign up before a certain time that they never told anyone about. She’s a senior and has to buy tickets. While the ones that got them free don’t use them. It should be at the game. Students get in free for the hill.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find that hard to believe

Oct 4, 2018, 9:13 AM

a. she doesnt HAVE to buy tickets.
b. Clemson is pretty good about sending out emails
c. you can still get them free the day of the game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ive been going to clemson games since 1991

Oct 4, 2018, 9:16 AM

the game Saturday was typical for a noon game vs a non contending team.

the top deck south corners are almost always empty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

But it was a conference division game and not Louisiana-La.

Oct 4, 2018, 9:23 AM

That game with Cuse looked pretty competitive to me. Not to mention the hill problem in recent years.

as I stated

Oct 4, 2018, 11:58 AM

typical crowd for a non compeying team.
cuse is not predicted to win the division, or compete for anything.

all byline in the media. in fact they tried to hype the game as much as possible based off last year.

the hill looked great Saturday and so did the top decks. .. at least for this calibre opponent..

if anything is wrong with attendance then it has been wrong for at least 27 years.

Anyone who knows anything about Clemson football

Oct 4, 2018, 2:21 PM

Knew that was going to be a HUGE game. Not only was it our new franchise QB’s first start, but it was against a team who beat us last year (yea, there aren’t many of those). I was more excited about that game than most others on our schedule.

Some of that is attributable to an opponent...

Oct 4, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Ive been going to clemson games since 1991 ]

that historically does not travel very well.

Sadly, the league in which we play is filled with such teams.

Other than Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida State and occasionally Louisville, fans of the other teams in the ACC do not travel very well to support their respective teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I sit in tdn and have to say the attendance

Oct 4, 2018, 12:03 PM

was actually pretty good for GSU and cuse

you could tell there were a lot of georgia st fans bease the wore blue.

couldn't tell how many cuse fans there were. could have been a lot of cuse folks or simply a lot of fairweather clemson fans scored cheap tickets. I nabbed 2 in the lower deck for $50.

Oct 4, 2018, 3:02 PM

The ticket distribution system is still broken. My son is a sophomore and he applied for tickets through the lottery and got every game but two. He had friends that also applied through the lottery and only got one or two games. He also had friends that attempted to buy tickets they were pre selling at the beginning of the season and many students were turned down because only a limited number were sold this way. Lastly, if you didn’t get a ticket through the lottery or through the purchase program the students can stand in line at 5am the day of the game to get the ‘left over’ tickets that were turned in by students not going to the game. My son has done this once so far and did get a ticket. He said there were at least 2,000 students inline for the tickets. Most of these students had previously tried to get tickets through the lottery/purchase system but were denied. Also, in addition to the gate ticket the student is given one of three colored arms bands. One for the hill, one for the lower deck, and one for the upper deck; so students can no longer freely move about and sit with friends. This is also why the hill remains partially empty. Despite the changes that were made to the ticket distribution system, it has become more difficult for the students who will actually show up for the game to get tickets. In my opinion, they should just go back to the old system of having to stand in line for all tickets. The snow flakes that won’t show up for games will not invest that much time in getting tickets they never plan on using and the students that truly want the tickets will.

Oct 4, 2018, 4:16 PM

Bama schedules more cupcake nonconference teams than anyone. Louisiana Lafayette? C'mon. If you want a big-time football crowd, schedule a big-time football opponent. Don't just whine about the crowd. use it to recognize that the entertainment value of the game you scheduled isn't enough to give you the crowd you want.

Oct 4, 2018, 4:31 PM

Now watch us have a schedule poot and have to do Presbyterian next year...

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,414
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic