Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SOFTBALL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

SOFTBALL

Jun 6, 2013, 12:52 PM

been watching college softball and i know its been asked before but why don't we have a softball team

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will you be paying cash?

Jun 6, 2013, 1:06 PM

Such a program would be rediculously expensive particularly in light of the NCAA's requirement that the facility must be comperable to the mens equivalent. A quality sofball facility comperable to BTF would easily cost upwards of $10 million construct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Titile IX-- Gender equity and we went with the free lake

Jun 6, 2013, 1:06 PM

To sponsor womens rowing. Another MAJOR error in the TDP era to not bring in something to enhance the Athletic Department. This area is super talent rich and girls would would be competitive immediately.

Disagree on the talent

Jun 6, 2013, 3:16 PM

SC is getting there, but we got on the fast pitch bandwagon a little later than most of the others. As a result we aren't yet producing enough talent to support two high level softball programs.

Who pray tell is the other one?***

Jun 6, 2013, 3:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not an error at all

Jun 7, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Titile IX-- Gender equity and we went with the free lake ]

he chose the sport that would lose less money so that we have more to spend on the important sports like football and basketball.

If we had gotten a softball team, we would've wasted the money used for the west endzone on taking away a tailgating lot to build a softball field.

Re: Titile IX-- Gender equity and we went with the free lake

Jun 7, 2013, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Titile IX-- Gender equity and we went with the free lake ]

How was it an error to spend less money?

null

Re: SOFTBALL

Jun 6, 2013, 1:07 PM

I believe it is an issue of funding although I can't see the reasoning for some of the women's Olympic sport funding over softball which is huge in SC and the surrounding states, I sure hope the board comes to their senses and finds the funds to field a team, I know I am all for it!

Put W. B=ball out of its Misery***

Jun 6, 2013, 1:23 PM

write a $10mil check and the AD will start a program

Jun 6, 2013, 2:28 PM

pronto. There are sites that have been studied to build a stadium. They'll name the stadium after you and your family.

Re: write a $10mil check and the AD will start a program

Jun 7, 2013, 2:15 PM

Good idea man I'll send it in today who do I make it out to

Cash works. Tmail me for the address***

Jun 7, 2013, 2:36 PM

Jun 7, 2013, 2:36 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It would be another sport sucking off of the teet of the Football program.

null

Jun 7, 2013, 2:59 PM

I love Clemson, but, we suck when it comes to our committment to women's sports. Most of the ACC schools have softball except us, Duke, and maybe BC. Unfortunately, the SEC softball programs get to spend SEC football money. USC just built a super nice facility just to keep up with the rest of the SEC. Talent wise, our state has quite a bit of D1 talent coming through. Pitching is the key in softball and the state of SC has a Greenville kid pitching at Alabama, a Daniel kid headed to Stanford to pitch, and another Greenville kid committed to Tenn to pitch. It would not take long for Clemson to compete in softball if we were so inclined.

We suck to our commitment to women's sports?

Jun 7, 2013, 3:27 PM

I didn't realize offering 9 different women's sports was "sucking." In adding women's golf there are now actually more women's sports at Clemson than there are men's sports.

Jun 7, 2013, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: SOFTBALL ]

Boy, the women's track team has surely suffered from a lack of support. And the women's tennis team hasn't been heard from since participating in the NCAA tournament THIS YEAR. The same could be said for the women's rowing team and how about those awful facilities they have to deal with.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic