Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout

Jan 6, 2019, 2:33 PM

Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout

The heavyweight battle of Clemson-Bama IV would probably be an instant sell-out on Jan. 7 if it wasn't being played in the far reaches of the west coast in Sant Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout

Jan 6, 2019, 3:10 PM

No s h!t...

Jan 6, 2019, 3:39 PM

Well, hello? Two Southern teams, and the game being played in the far reaches of California? Hello? When I can watch it on my 52-inch TV, with instant replay, slow motion, and good commentary for free? With my refrigerator a few steps away, stocked with enticing beverages and grub?? And the airlines stiffing people on their fares. I hope they lose millions.

It’s supply and demand

Jan 6, 2019, 5:20 PM

You got a better economic system you want to propose? I kinda like what we got. I’ve been to all of the playoff games except this one. I made the decision that this one was too complicated and expensive to get to. Would love to be there, but chose not to. Sold my tickets for a loss. That’s ok. Paid twice face value in Tampa. That’s ok too. Don’t regret for a minute either decision.

Let’s go Tigers!! Bring home the trophy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supply and Demand....

Jan 6, 2019, 8:00 PM

well, I have no problem with the economic system, but they should have dropped prices. Demand went to nothing, airlines were greedy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Supply and Demand....

Jan 7, 2019, 11:40 AM

Greedy to an extent, but JD404 (I think it was) posted plenty of options at reasonable prices. The fact that it is outside and they were suggesting rain for the last week probably hasn't helped.

Re: It’s supply and demand

Jan 7, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to It’s supply and demand ]

Hmm. Speaking of economic systems, yours does not seem a "sustainable business model," as Krusty might and did say.

Jan 6, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout ]

At least the BELK bowl was a sellout?????

52 inch TV?? Must be a UDP or a Coot***

Jan 6, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigermaul= reggaeman

Jan 7, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout ]

yet another year

Jan 6, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout ]

Why would anyone in CA go unless a Clemson parent or Alumni. They are soaked in rentals/housing market and taxes. Many cannot simply afford to pay rip off ticket prices plus airfare and hotels.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:31 AM

Median income in the SF Bay area is well over 100k. I think most people there will be able to afford a below-face-value ticket to the game if they have an interest in attending.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:49 AM

Not when you’re paying $2,700 per month for 800 sf of living space.

It’s insane what stuff costs out here. Paid $8 for a gallon of milk. A dozen eggs were $7. $100k goes nowhere in the land of libs and taxes.

Jan 6, 2019, 3:20 PM

San Francisco was tied for the worst city for college football fans in 2018 according to WalletHub. I don’t know who was in charge of market research, but they failed.

134789-EA-69-E9-4847-93-D9-5048-BCF2-CA47

Ref: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-for-football-fans/9691/

Jan 6, 2019, 3:26 PM

Like you said no one wants to go to Cali. Everything is more expensive there plus they will charge you an arm and a leg to get out there. Sorry didn’t mean to reply to your comment.

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The methodology used for those rankings is highly suspect

Jan 7, 2019, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama title matchup projected not to be a sellout ]

Heck, just look at some of the highest ranked cities.

I’m here California freezing my butt off

Jan 6, 2019, 3:30 PM

as I am about to go tour Alcatraz. It is raining and cold and has been since I got here on Friday. No CFP championship game should be played in an open air stadium in a far corner of the country, unless the temp is typically over 70 degrees in early January at the game location.

That is a small part of the reason the game is not a sellout, the big reason is airlines price gouging tickets 3-5 times the normal rate, and the hotels rates 4-5 times their normal rate. I’m spending almost $9k for the game, and my two game tickets are at face value.

Go Tigers!

Re: I’m here California freezing my butt off

Jan 6, 2019, 8:26 PM

I was out there in the Bay area for a month in October and November, and it never got below 50 probably and didn't rain the whole time I was there, over 30 days. Sounds like in the last month or so weather has went downhill out there big time. A lot of the local said weather is pretty good most of the year out there but that the middle of winter was their wet season. I hope it clears out for the game for you tomorrow night and warms up a little.

Jan 6, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to I’m here California freezing my butt off ]

civil engr said:

as I am about to go tour Alcatraz. It is raining and cold and has been since I got here on Friday. No CFP championship game should be played in an open air stadium in a far corner of the country, unless the temp is typically over 70 degrees in early January at the game location.

That is a small part of the reason the game is not a sellout, the big reason is airlines price gouging tickets 3-5 times the normal rate, and the hotels rates 4-5 times their normal rate. I’m spending almost $9k for the game, and my two game tickets are at face value.

Go Tigers!

Maybe have the game near your house?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to I’m here California freezing my butt off ]

civil engr said:

Go Tigers!

Maybe have the game near your house?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 7:07 AM [ in reply to I’m here California freezing my butt off ]

I was there last August and the weather was awful. Very cool and extremely windy. Not a good decision to have the game out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were $200-300 flights to SJC available as recently as y'day***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I’m here California freezing my butt off ]

Jan 6, 2019, 3:53 PM

Before you give them away, message me. Will take 2 lowers.

SFO is the the priciest airport to try and get in and

Jan 6, 2019, 3:54 PM

Out WITHOUT a major event like the CFP National Championship. The cost of airline tickets is outrageous ($1,000 plus) round trip. This is just too much to swallow for so many people. And understandably so. I would be going, but I can’t justify spending $1,000 plus for a round trip ticket to get there.

The true fans who support these teams and went to these schools, who would want to see this game more than anything are being punished all for ratings and advertising.

The CFP National Championship should have the ability to change the location of the venue in the situation where BOTH teams are on one coast. OR, you stick with cities like Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta every year where flights are MUCH easier to obtain at a fair cost, even last minute. This is a crying shame and anyone with a brain should have seen this coming.

Not true for me, I have flown in and out many times

Jan 6, 2019, 4:31 PM

three times in last year. The key for me is to wait at last minute and go to several of the cheap tickets like priceline, expedia, etc. They want to fill up the seats, so they will compete to sell the seats. My average cost is about $500.00 roundttrip. GOOD LUCK! GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why fly into SFO???

Jan 6, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to SFO is the the priciest airport to try and get in and ]

I flew into and am staying in Monterey (1 hr from Santa Clara). Saved $500.

I flew into San Jose, which is less than 5

Jan 6, 2019, 10:13 PM [ in reply to SFO is the the priciest airport to try and get in and ]

miles from the stadium in Santa Clara.

Open air stadiums where the weather can create a poor experience for the fans needs to be a reviewed when selecting possible CFP title game locations.

Re: SFO is the the priciest airport to try and get in and

Jan 7, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to SFO is the the priciest airport to try and get in and ]

+2

Jan 6, 2019, 4:48 PM

Bet the TV ratings will be ^^^^^^^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 5:12 PM

We booked early November and got 2 round trip tix from GSP to Sacramento for under $1000 total. Plus a week at a B&B in Napa for $169 a night. The deals were there. Just couldn’t wait til last minute. We expected this so we gambled on the Tigers. Weather supposed to be better for the game.
GO TIGERS!!!

For the average DV goer it might as well have been...

Jan 6, 2019, 5:49 PM

on the moon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 7:00 PM

Personally, I hope that all that had anything to do with the choosing of Santa Clara as the NCG site, loses every dime they invested in that FB game. They don't deserve to make any money off of the hard ship that they put on the FB fans that just love going to support their teams. Yes, I hope that they lose every dime they have invested in the NCG, every dime!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 8:19 PM

Yep. Well spoken +1. I hear Sydney Australia and Tokyo are in the mix for next years game.

Jan 6, 2019, 10:24 PM

I took real genius to figure that out.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic