Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC: It's Who They Are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

SEC: It's Who They Are

Nov 22, 2015, 11:50 AM

The mighty SEC. Other than Bama it is not looking so mighty anymore. In the quest for growth through expansion the SEC failed to remember some old sayings. A chain is as strong as its weakest link. You're only as good as the company you keep. A leopard can't change its spots. And the classic blind squirrel finding a nut. We've listened for 25 years how SEC affiliation was going to lift the Coots to greatness and leave us in the rearview mirror. It got worse than ever during their winning streak. But I can honestly say I never worried for one second. Yes there were frustrating moments, but no concern for the future. Unlike the SEC I always held sight of one thing: it's who they are. Despite the Coot faithful's attempt to re-write history, 2010-2013 is not the only era of college football. The 11 win fifth place Coot teams of those years were not an accurate representation of Gamecock Football. If over a hundred years of history have shown us anything it's shown us one thing for sure: it's who they are. Losing home games to Furman, Citadel, and Pacific. Losing football records to multiple ACC "basketball schools". Taking a hundred years to win a bowl game. Not one major bowl appearance in school history. 0-11 season records. It's who they are. All conferences have them: doormats. But conferences don't go looking for more Vanderbilts when they expand. They're looking for added value. A couple years ago the SEC may have thought this was a good deal (adding USCjr.), but now the only ones thinking that are the members of the BIG 10. They say thank you for helping us move on from the App State humiliation. And Michigan is the most grateful of them all. Now the SEC bears the eternal shame of allowing a FCS school to come in, take your $450K, and wax your team for the pleasure on its home field. Congrats on bringing in the Coots SEC. You own their history, tradition, or lack there of. You own their embarrassment: It's who they are!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is South Carolina Football.... (Hardcore version)... +1***

Nov 22, 2015, 1:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic