Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC 10 and ACC 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

SEC 10 and ACC 10

Dec 1, 2019, 8:29 AM

number of conference schools bowl eligible.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC 9

Dec 1, 2019, 8:33 AM

Missouri is not bowl eligible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC 9

Dec 1, 2019, 9:14 AM

Did I miss that Missouri lost their appeal? If I did, I stand corrected then.

To everyone else, did my original post say anything about comparing SOS or anything about who has the better teams? Jeez, remember what assume will do for you!

Dec 1, 2019, 9:22 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2019/11/26/ncaa-denies-missouri-appeal-postseason-ban-football-baseball/4311250002/

Dec 1, 2019, 10:27 AM

Thanks and TU

Dec 1, 2019, 10:31 AM

saddis56® said:

Thanks and TU

No problem. "Too bad folks miss the point"!

Maybe they don't know about people lobbying to keep Clemson out the playoffs because of the perceived weakness of the ACC? If they do, maybe they don't understand how overblown it is! Every conference has it's strong teams and bottom dwellers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s a meaningless stat when it comes to determining

Dec 1, 2019, 8:41 AM

the strength of the two conferences. The ACC is horrible this year. I get tired of all the chest thumping and bias from SEC schools too but I’m realistic about the product the two conferences are putting on the field right now. Now if you go back a couple of years the ACC was clearly better than the SEC yet the media kept driving home the same biased narrative they always do about the ACC and SEC. It gets old. Thankfully I’m a Clemson fan and not an ACC fan. However I do want to see our conference put a better product on the field so the media would shut up about our schedule. Our schedule sucked this year. It’s not our fault and it does nothing to diminish the fact that we are one of the best if not the best team in the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC 10 and ACC 10

Dec 1, 2019, 8:46 AM

If you lined the teams up evenly the SEC would go atleast 9-5 against the ACC imo.

Dec 1, 2019, 8:50 AM

At this point in the season only the best teams matter. Clemson vs. LSU will be a great matchup.

What's your point?

Dec 1, 2019, 8:49 AM

Somebody has to win when the ACC schools play each other. And that's a good thing because they sure aren't beating many other teams.

Dec 1, 2019, 8:57 AM

Florida State, Louisville, and GTech all getting blown out by their rivals yesterday pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for any argument the ACC is on par with the other P5 conferences. Maybe the conference shows well during the bowl season but those games are glorified exhibitions these days with a good portion of the roster saying no thanks.

Dec 1, 2019, 9:05 AM

UGA and Florida are top 4 in their conference while GT is bottom feeders in the ACC and FSU is not far behind. The UL game was sad tho.

Great Point - Missed -

Dec 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

saddis56® said:

number of conference schools bowl eligible.

I am picking up what you are putting down here: "nobody is saying Duke will beat LSU"! But, some people can't get over their disdain for schools who aren't Auburn or Georgia!

The only shocker yesterday was not that much of a shocker and that was Kentucky handling Louisville the way they did. The rest we pretty much knew from the start of the season how it would play out. Just like we knew(or had a strong historic data influenced gut feeling) what would happen.

Nobody is saying the ACC is better than the SEC; but instantly that is where people go.

The point is: "it's not as Gawd Awful as it is made out to be"!
I am all about Clemson at the end of the day - but I understand perception of our schedule as well. I understand how people try and use our schedule against us. We are in this season if we beat Virginia; so they can squash it. But, many a call in show and analyst folks don't believe we deserve the opportunity. And this is where these post come from. Nobody is "defending the ACC" so much as debunking the notion that all the teams in the ACC are all below .500 and can't run, tackle, execute.

I think people compare the top - as evidence by yesterday of other conferences with Wake! Or Syracuse! This is why the only shocker to me and it wasn't a big one was Louisville. You also never hear about losing to App State(who is ranked and good and all but you are a SEC team hmmm), Georgia State, San Jose State, Memphis, etc. It gets swept under the rug for the SEC teams and conference - but is the narrative for an ACC team losing to FIU. A middle of the pack ACC team capable of losing to anybody team. Also capable of playing with anybody as the same team could have easily beaten Florida as easily as they lost to them.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic