Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope Robbie Caldwell is watching...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I hope Robbie Caldwell is watching...

Nov 27, 2020, 4:11 PM

and taking notes on what offensive linemen and tight ends and running backs are supposed to do in regards to blocking in football games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope Robbie Caldwell is watching...

Nov 27, 2020, 4:40 PM

He must be pretty dumb if he has to watch todays game to know that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking all season...

Nov 27, 2020, 4:45 PM

as time after time our best RB gets met in the backfield because our OL sucks.

Nov 27, 2020, 4:49 PM

11th in the ACC in rushing.
Blows my mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 4:51 PM

Son, you are just showing your ignorance of football..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 4:56 PM

What's up with that 32% ? Coot ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me guess...

Nov 27, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope Robbie Caldwell is watching... ]

You were one of those guys who said we were going to go out South Bend and beat the brakes off ND a few weeks ago.

Spare me the “son” crap. I’m old enough to remember Clemson teams with offensive lines, fullbacks and tight ends who knew how to run block... and the guys we’re putting out there ain’t there.

Fullbacks? Ok, boomer.***

Nov 27, 2020, 6:02 PM

I doubt Robbie dives an efff

Nov 27, 2020, 5:17 PM

what us message board types think.

SCREW THE MESSAGE BOARD

Nov 27, 2020, 5:44 PM

I just want to see our perennial powerhouse football program recruit and develop an OL that’s at least as good as Boston College. There’s no excuse for the pedestrian OL we have at this point.

Nov 27, 2020, 5:49 PM

6’ 5” 1/2 is the AVERAGE for ND offensive lineman. AND they’re athletic.
I don’t think it’s the coach unless we’re talking recruiting.

Coaching and recruiting

Nov 27, 2020, 5:56 PM

They go hand in hand. We have issues with both... and those issues have been getting worse. OL is a glaring weakness now. It may be time to make a change. There’s no reason for a program that’s had the success Clemson has experienced in recent years to field such a pyss poor OL.

Nov 28, 2020, 5:54 AM

An idiot you are!

Sigh...I remember when Coach Ford

Nov 28, 2020, 6:53 AM

Had an O-line that could win a national championships. So...so long ago. I guess the good ol' days are gone...never to return.

Signed,

Sar Chasm

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, you do realize the experience gap between CU and ND’s

Nov 28, 2020, 7:25 AM

Lines? They have a bunch of old veterans and we had to replace 4 starters. Something like that.

If you knew anything about online play, experience is very important.

I would choose to focus on the fact that our coaches have recruited studied, and coached the kids up to be flexible enough to win in more than one way.

As much as those ford days were great, to say we were one dimensional is an understatement.

That’s why Clemson would invariably lose a head scratcher or two every year save one.

I, for one, would take the current edition of Clemson football.

Re: lol, you do realize the experience gap between CU and ND’s

Nov 28, 2020, 8:13 AM

Some need to read this post several times. I would add one thing to it, per Dabo. We haven't had the depth we usually have. We were doing good in our early games trying to get some rotation. Kinda got sidetracked with Trevor pos.

Personally, I think they did pretty darn good against ND and BC. BC is a good team. The starters had to play every snap... That's #### hard 2 do.

Added note on ND. They had 2 oline out. Center and Rt Grd. Uncheat actually made book uncomfortable quite a few times given the fact unc D this year. We good.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 7:33 AM

While I agree that OL play has room for improvement, comparing BC and ND run blocking to ours is apples and oranges. Many of our Run Plays are RPOs where decisions have to made pre and post snap about whether to run or throw. BC and ND don’t run a lot of RPO. ND lines up with between 1 and 3 tight ends on every play.

The OL group we have is good at pass pro and not good right now at run blocking- if you had to pick one or the other in the Clemson offense this is what you would choose.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:12 AM

I agree. It would be nice to have a better line, but as pointed out above we are very young this year. As you point out, we don't play a type of game to line up and blow people off the ball these days. Two years ago there were constant complaints, and then the line showed out in the National Championship game. Even then they didn't push Alabama around, but they kept Trevor's jersey clean, and opened holes when they needed to.

So many people have talked about how well DJ played with Trevor out, and they are right, but he doesn't run the read option or RPO's as well as Lawrence. I look for the running game to get a boost today, now that the playbook is opened back up and the line has had some rest.

Nov 28, 2020, 8:09 AM

Lay off coach Coach Caldwell. He is coaching babies right now that are growing into men. I’m sure you were bitching about the line three years ago when last years line were babies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 8:18 AM

Based on the talent that has signed and in their first year, we should feel pretty good about the future of the Oline, we knew this year that they would be the weak link and they are...last year it was the d line and we worked around it so stick to the plan that has been working for 10 years

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic