Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have never done this, even during the GTech games...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I have never done this, even during the GTech games...

Nov 25, 2012, 3:52 PM

but the refs took over the game in the third and part of the fourth quarter. There were 4 penalties worth 60 yards and 2 change of possesions that they personally cost us. There was the 15 yard facemask penalty they called on us, the two pass interference calls, one on 4th down and one on 3rd down, that kept USuCk the ball. That kept our defense on the field for a substantially longer time. And then, rigth after we get the ball back, Clowney hits Boyd with both hands in the head on the interception... no flag. That put our defence right back on the field.

Again, the GTech games the penalty cost us at the very end of the game, but we got ourselves into that situation. This was a substantial part of the game, and by the time it was over, our team was spent emotionally and their heads were effected. That was the most frustrating officiating I have EVER experienced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have never done this, even during the GTech games...

Nov 25, 2012, 3:54 PM

sec ref's protecting their brand.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree

Nov 25, 2012, 3:54 PM

I was kinda a little biased don't you think

Matt Millen said those PI were awful calls

Nov 25, 2012, 3:56 PM

SC WR ran into our guy trying to make INT and they flagged our guy. That would given us the ball at the 50 and coulda gave us the win. Remember when we got the ball back, Boyd hit Brown for 40 yard pass and AE had run for a 20 yard gain. We'd scored if we'd got the ball there

W lost b/c we are soft and poorly coached. Period. FYI we

Nov 25, 2012, 4:01 PM

had a few bad calls go our way too, not as many, but we got some too.

Re: Matt Millen said those PI were awful calls

Nov 25, 2012, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Matt Millen said those PI were awful calls ]

You can what if in one hand and $%!* in the other, see which one fills up first.

Come on guys, there might have been some calls that went

Nov 25, 2012, 3:59 PM

against us, but they outplayed us and mainly the difference was in the trenches. Again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on guys, there might have been some calls that went

Nov 25, 2012, 4:26 PM

There have been quite a few games where we have been outplayed and still won. Quite a few. At the end of the day, the score determines who wins the game... not which team played better for the majority of the game. The refs calls in the second half are inexcusable. Period. I'm not saying we would have won if they had gotten them right, but EVERY team deserves to have the opportunity to play without the zebras making calls that are so blatantly wrong. Again, I'm not saying that we would have won if they had gotten the calls right, but when you're in a really close game and you have multiple awful calls that end drives its definitely worth pointing out.

Re: Come on guys, there might have been some calls that went

Nov 25, 2012, 4:52 PM

They weren't "blatantly" wrong. There were a couple that could have gone either way for both sides. Let's try to not become that fan base that makes excuses every time we lose.

There were a few bad calls, but we had a few go our way too.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:00 PM

Face the truth, from the 1st play Boyd was out of sync and even when he had no pressure and our guys were open he was off.

This game was ...

Poor coaching
Poor play by the offense
Poor play by the defense

Everyone contributed to this one, but even in the 1st quarter when we played well we looked shaky and out of sorts. We certainly didn't play with a lot of heart either.

We are soft, Dabo is soft, and our offense is soft.

We are soft - Physically and emotionally - Players and coaches.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:02 PM

The 2 PI calls in the 3rd quarter were critical. The one on 4th down was pitiful. Spurrier gambled and lost and the refs bailed him out. That could have given us a spark we needed. We will never know thanks to those so called unbiased refs, smh, Go tigers.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:07 PM

they were both exactly the same as the int Boyd threw in the first half that was called back. So they were consistent about it.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I have never done this, even during the GTech games... ]

What are your thoughts on the interception by USC that the refs called pass interference on?

I thought it was a questionable call. I tend to lean toward

Nov 25, 2012, 5:21 PM

defenders. I actually told everyone I was watching the game with that I wasnt too sure about that call. The only difference with that one and the one on 4th down was who had position for the ball.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:50 PM

We got the scrubs from the SEC for this game, that's for sure. Bad calls were made against both teams in the game. South Carolina had an interception taken away for exactly the type "pass interference" that Clemson was called for. It wasn't the officials that won this game for Carolina, it was the fact that a defense was finally able to slow, and even stop, Clemson's high powered offense and it put all the pressure on the defense. I've said the last two years that Clemson's best defense is their offense. They will get better though, it will just take time.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:56 PM

Sorry, but you are one of the fans that give us a bad name. Accept the fact that we lost! The ONE bad call I saw in the game was the pass interference call, but it resulted in a turnover on the next play. In my mind, it was a lifesaver because they got 0 points as opposed to 3 or 7 that could have resulted on their fourth down play. To blame the refs is pathetic. My god, look at the statistics. We had one more turnover than they did. We had 7 penalties to their 12. We had 59 yards lost on penalties to their 110. And you're really going to blame the refs for that one? Please. We got out coached, out played, and our team's heart was left on the bus. I hope none of them rubbed the rock because they surely didn't give 100%.

I dont believe Clemson has a bad name at all. And maybe you

Nov 25, 2012, 5:34 PM

need to work on reading comprehension. I never said the refs were the only reason that we lost the game. I said they impacted the game greatly in the third quarter. Boyd was off, Clowney was advertised, our receivers had uncharacteristic drops. We had some opportunities, but the refs did take over the third quarter.

And when you have 6 posts and just come on here to post after a loss... well, I'll leave your own standing in the judgement of others.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:58 PM

Refs? 59 yards against Clemson and 110 against The #####.

Look deeper.

SCAR Penalties 12 for 110 yds Clemson 7-59 yes facts do not

Nov 25, 2012, 5:04 PM

support your argument. PI call against #15 on SC was same call as one against defense.

Clemson got beat because could not control either line of scrimmage no excuses........

Believe SEÇ officials...and we thought Ron Çherry was bad!

Nov 25, 2012, 5:07 PM

GoTiGERs...keep fighting & getting better Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 5:27 PM

The PI call on 4th down was terrible. As was the PI call in the 1st half against Legree on the interception. Both calls would have given each team the ball at midfield.

The defender has a right to the ball.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:39 PM

i didnt think refs swayed the game one way or the other but i thought they were pretty bad all night. both the pass interferences you referenced were bad. one of the holding calls against us was made by a ref 15 yards away from the play and two other refs were closer. i thought all should have been no calls and interupted the rythym of the game.

Refer to my post above about the PI call on y'all.

Nov 25, 2012, 5:42 PM

I agree the refs were just... bad. We just had the string of bad calls back to back to back that really took any wind out of our sails and broke the mind and spirit of our team.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic