Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC fan in Atlanta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

SC fan in Atlanta

Aug 10, 2014, 11:00 AM

I'm walking through the hotel lobby proudly wearing a Clemson polo and a guy with an SC hat walks by me and holds up 5 fingers, and stares me dead in the eye the whole time he walks to the elevator, and does not once put his 5 fingers down. A UGA fan saw this happen, looks at me, and says "what in the hell is that all about?"

Proof to all coot fans that beating your rival 5 times in a row is only relevant in Aiken, Richland and Horry county SC.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is that I live in Atlanta and I'm sick of.....

Aug 10, 2014, 11:03 AM

losing to the ##### - things have got to get back to normal this November.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC fan in Atlanta

Aug 10, 2014, 11:08 AM

I'm seriously beginning to think these stories are fabricated- I see scar fans quite regularly and have not once had them "5bomb" me, maybe I don't hang out in these dumps like the rest of y'all do

I'm originally from Columbia, and it surprising doesn't happen there

Aug 10, 2014, 11:20 AM

But it does seem to happen when you get 3-4 hours or more away from Columbia. I guess since the gamecock fans don't have other gamecock fans to confide in and help establish a sense of self-worth, they chomp at the bit anytime they see a Clemson fan and rub the 5bomb in their face.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually around Columbia shamecock fans aren't as bad...

Aug 10, 2014, 6:33 PM

as they used to be since their little streak started. Which is kind of ironic. I've lived in the Columbia area my whole life, and when we were dominating them they were talking tons of trash about us. Now at least on the average Columbia area coots aren't that nasty in more. It's the ones outside of the Columbia area that have gotten really nasty.

I went to Panthers game after our loss to them and had a ton of coots get up in my face talking trash from the Charlotte/Rock Hill area. Could never live in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area nothing but coots and tar holes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually around Columbia shamecock fans aren't as bad...

Aug 10, 2014, 7:06 PM

Oh it happens everywhere those idiots live. I was getting a contractor to quote me on a very expensive home remodeling job. Contractor found out I was a tiger, after he gave me the written quote he asked me to high 5 him. Went on to crow about the #####. Needless to say I went with another contractor even though they were higher. It was a real pleasure to tell that jerk why he didn't get the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: SC fan in Atlanta ]

I rarely see SCar fans in Atlanta. Getting out of Columbia and over to Atlanta is big time for them. I don't see it too often.

Aug 10, 2014, 12:34 PM

Making the trip to support their favorite teams, of course.

Aug 10, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: SC fan in Atlanta ]

I was driving the RV (with Tiger Paw on the back) up 85 North in the Concord Mills area and #### throws the "5bomb" out the window. Thought he was waving so I waved back. Got caught up in traffic & saw his license plate (31-17USC). And again he shows his IQ with his hand out the window. I tried to get next to him & ask him if he remembered the 63-17 game since he was so proud of the 31-17 game, but couldn't. Not a fabricated story, but anywhere there's a ####, it's a dump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

It surprisingly happened to me on a golf course.

Aug 10, 2014, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: SC fan in Atlanta ]

In Pinehurst nonetheless. It really happens.

Guy saw my Clemson hat and my orange golf shoes and says "you're a Clemson fan? High 5 buddy" and holds up his hand. Then says "I wonder if I can give you a High 6 in a few months".

Thought he was hilarious, I just shrugged and went to the car. Had just shot a 76 at Pinehurst No.9 (formerly the National Club), so I didn't care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Aug 10, 2014, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: SC fan in Atlanta ]

Yeah - we all hang out in the dumps. Good call son. Spot on! Charleston = dumps for me. Happens to me all the time here in the dumps of West Ashley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems relevant wherever you are. It's certainly relevant

Aug 10, 2014, 1:11 PM

here. It is certainly bothering enough of us to keep posting about the coots.

Tell 'em marlborocountycapon

Aug 10, 2014, 9:41 PM

irony

Re: Tell 'em marlborocountycapon

Aug 10, 2014, 10:46 PM

Coot fans are in uncharted territory lately.
God bless em'.
They cannot help their little selves .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

left out Rock Hill, the biggest coot area in South Carolina***

Aug 10, 2014, 6:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: left out Rock Hill, the biggest coot area in South Carolina***

Aug 10, 2014, 8:44 PM

Somebody from irmo shouldn't call Rock Hill the worst coot area in SC!!

Aiken is like the worst of both worlds,

Aug 10, 2014, 6:54 PM

dumb redneck Georgia fans, and dumb redneck coots merged in one place.

Aug 10, 2014, 7:03 PM

I have a simple white paw and CU Alumni sticker on my back window of my car and have had SC fans intentionally speed up next to me on the interstate just to flash the "5" to me. I just smile, wave and ignore them.

I can honestly say I have never thought of doing such a juvenile thing while enjoying any of our many streaks, and will not do so when we have another one.

It's called class and real winners know how to demonstrate it, even when tempted to do otherwise.

Thank Goodness ...

Aug 10, 2014, 7:16 PM

UF fans didn't do that. They would have had to use two hands to get their point across to us from 90-96.

Because UF has actually accomplished something otherwise***

Aug 10, 2014, 7:38 PM

Clemson

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic