Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,637

FB Update: CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson

Nov 10, 2014, 7:40 AM

CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson

Nov 10, 2014, 8:05 AM

I know it's all just guessing at this point but how does one news outlet have us in the Orange Bowl and another have us in the Freaking Belk Bowl? This makes no sense because the bowl below the OB is the Russell Athletics Bowl. So SB nation must have Duke to OB and GT to Russell Athletic Bowl. That would make us 4th or 5th in the ACC bowl order....can't possibly be right can it?

Notre Dame can't take our Orange Bowl spot, but they can

Nov 10, 2014, 8:07 AM

take any of the other bowls from us. My guess is if we don't get in the orange bowl, ND snakes our would be spot in the next bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 10, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

SBNATION has Notre Dame as the "#2 ACC Team" in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

Nov 10, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

I suppose they are expecting us to lose Saturday and if so, they may be right.

us in the OB and ##### bowl eligible? CBS must think they beat Fla. ***

Nov 10, 2014, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

A chance expose the fighting Nkemdiche's of the $EC

Nov 10, 2014, 8:15 AM

Sounds good to me.

Nov 10, 2014, 8:18 AM

We just need to take care of ourselves and hope FSU don't slip up now. Miami could give them problems this week, they've won 3 in a row big.

Nov 10, 2014, 8:32 AM

That might be true that they won their last 3 but it was against VT, UNC, and Cincy the 3 of them together doesn't amount to Florida State when their horrible and throwing 6 ints a game. FSU will start off with a problem and I kind of feel bad for Miami because they'll be a statement game like we were last year for FSU. Total beat down coming UM's way this weekend.

Nov 10, 2014, 10:22 AM

It really doesn't matter who it was against, Miami was losing to teams like that previous years. They are a lot better this year. I mean you could say FSU struggled with VA. Point is...Miami is playing better ball and FSU's D is vulnerable.

Nov 10, 2014, 1:10 PM

So assuming Scar beats UF and ends up getting into the North of Mobile Bowl ...I will have money set aside for Memphis.
When the Chicken Curse come back ...it do come back hard don't it y'all?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 10, 2014, 8:18 AM

So there are bowls now for 5-7 teams?

Nov 10, 2014, 8:24 AM

I think I read where the ACC has spots for 10 teams. Might be wrong but that's what I remember.

SBNATION is a joke....

Nov 10, 2014, 8:56 AM

...they have the Chickens in the Outback Bowl so all their credibility is out the window!! USC has to win 2 more games to even become bowl eligible. They also have Duke in the Orange bowl and FSU in the Playoffs. This obviously means FSU beats Duke in the ACC Championship. How can Duke lose the ACC Championship and still make the Orange Bowl? No way Jose!

Assuming Clemson wins out - which they should do - the only way we don't make the Orange Bowl is if Duke upsets FSU in the ACC Championship.

SBNATION projections are quite possible, but not probable

Nov 10, 2014, 9:50 AM

Assuming Clemson wins out requires that we break a 10 year losing streak in Atlanta and a 5 year losing streak to SCAR. I'm confident that will happen, but then I'm a fan ...

If we don't win out, then I can easily see Duke in the Orange Bowl after a good showing in the ACC title game. I could actually see them upsetting FSU in the ACC title game.

SCAR in the Outback Bowl would require that they win out. That's also entirely possible, though hopefully not probable.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry CBS but Baylor is a no go over TCU, should both win out.

Nov 10, 2014, 9:01 AM

While they got some home cooking to neat TCU the loss to what will be an unranked WVU will not go unnoticed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can we just beat GT first???***

Nov 10, 2014, 9:41 AM

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,637
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic