Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rush Limbaugh - love or hate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Rush Limbaugh - love or hate

Nov 3, 2020, 8:45 AM

there will never be anyone as influential in radio as he is now. When he passes away, AM radio might go with him. 15mm+ each day is insane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rush Limbaugh - love or hate

Nov 3, 2020, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 8:55 AM

This is one time I actually wish I could TD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Got ya.***

Nov 3, 2020, 11:35 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why you little......***

Nov 3, 2020, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 8:48 AM

Some other less talented but more divisive dude will step in and replace him. I agree that Rush's talent won't be matched.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 8:49 AM

I hope it happens live on air.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think there's any question...

Nov 3, 2020, 8:54 AM

That Rush revolutionized political talk radio. It is what it is today because of him.

I wish he had done it with less hatefulness, but maybe that's what was needed to get where he is. Rush reminds me of the talk show host on the movie The Last Supper played by Ron Perlman (must watch dark comedy political movie for everyone in here). As in, I'm not sure he really believed all that came out of his mouth.

He was a true marketer and knew how to draw an audience, for better or for worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Is his show still on? Didn't know if his health ended it.***

Nov 3, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Nov 3, 2020, 8:58 AM

Not a big fan.

I liked him 30 years ago

Nov 3, 2020, 9:02 AM

but then he just went overboard too much for me. I haven't listened to him much at all since, but when I have I haven't been impressed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 9:14 AM

Don't love or hate him. I find him very entertaining but very seldom listen to him. Since I have been working from home I thought about turning him on but never seem to think about it.

Nov 3, 2020, 11:41 AM

Is he still dealing Oxy...?***

Nov 3, 2020, 9:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is he still dealing Oxy...?***

Nov 3, 2020, 9:47 AM

No he quit dealing. He just takes fentanyl now. Strictly consumption.

Nov 3, 2020, 9:25 AM

He's been very influential for political talk radio, but there's no one still alive who's more influential to radio overall than Howard Stern. Almost every morning show exists because of his influence and even Rush's style of shock radio can be credited to Howard.

I was 'close' to 3 sisters who were good friends with his

Nov 3, 2020, 9:32 AM

wife, but that was in New Canaan in the 80s...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 9:29 AM

What's funny is how he's the voice for conservative Christians. Like Trump, he is evidence of how truly phony and pathetic they are.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 9:36 AM

So, you vote hate. Got it.

And on the topic of pathetic...never mind.

Nov 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

You disagree that Trump shows how phony conservative Christians truly are? Lol.

Nope...simply

Nov 3, 2020, 9:55 AM

Amused at you labeling folks...as if it matters. What's your sign?

Re: Nope...simply

Nov 3, 2020, 10:01 AM

I don't blame you for not answering my question. Inconvenient truths are best left ignored.

Re: Nope...simply

Nov 3, 2020, 5:31 PM

Your self-annointed importance and enlightenment are underwhelming. That you are selective in calling out phonies spotlights your agenda. Rest assured, there is no shortage of phonies...and, in fact, if you voted, you saw a long list! Perhaps you vote by degrees of phoniness and faux empathy?

Nov 3, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Rush Limbaugh - love or hate ]

Are liberal Christians phony and pathetic too? Asking for the guy in front of me at the polling place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 11:26 AM

Christian conservatives have been shaking their finger at me my whole life proclaiming that liberal filth is responsible for the moral decay in this country. They have hollered from their soapbox about the immoral behavior of liberals and how it had destroyed the "nuclear family" and laid wasted to good Christian values. Of course this was all BS, as they now bend the knee with total fealty and look the other way to a draft dodger who hammers pron stars while his 3rd wife is tending to the birth of his 5th child. Keep in mind that his future second wife was already pregnant while still married to #1. We have him on audio bragging about how he tried to score with another married woman. And oh yeah, he says doesn't ask for forgiveness cause he's done nothing to ask forgiveness for. If any "liberal christians" have done the same, then yeah, they're phony too.

#micdrop

Nov 3, 2020, 11:51 AM

Wow. You must have REALLY hated Bill Clinton.

Nov 3, 2020, 12:33 PM

I don't recall liberals shaking their finger at me and saying that Conservatives were responsible for the moral decay in this country because of their lack if "Christian" values prior to Slick Willie..
LOL at your total fail.

Definitely no love...try not to hate...but

Nov 3, 2020, 10:34 AM

the world will be better off without him. I used to listen to him way back in the day...but the harm he has done far outweighs anything good he may have ever done. He’s one of the primary reasons we are where we are today. So, no I don’t hate the guy...but I certainly won’t shed a tear when he goes.

The convaluted stories he makes up why someone does

Nov 3, 2020, 11:13 AM

something are entertaining.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic