Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Robins AFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Robins AFB

Jun 30, 2020, 10:57 PM

I was notified today that a unit on Robins AFB selected me for a Title 5 GS-11 position. I'm not too familiar with the area, however I'm originally from Greenville, SC. Any thoughts or suggestions for home buying in the area, I don't mind a 15-20 minute commute to work.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats Tiger Robbie!

Jun 30, 2020, 11:16 PM

Gut eR Done & Good Luck!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats Tiger Robbie!

Jun 30, 2020, 11:16 PM

Gut eR Done & Good Luck!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Robins AFB

Jul 1, 2020, 12:37 AM

Stay in Houston County...which includes Warner Robins and Perry. Not sure if you have children, but the Houston County school system is one of the better ones in Georgia. Most new developments are moving south in the county. Good luck!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it is HOWston County, not Hewston....

Jul 1, 2020, 9:16 AM

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Robins AFB

Jul 1, 2020, 9:16 AM

Congratulations. I moved from Greenville to Macon for work 12 years ago and can't wait to get back within a few years when I retire. Houston county (Warner Robins, Kathleen, Perry) is a pretty fast growing county with good home sites and very good schools if you have kids. Peach County (Byron) is right next door to Houston and is another pretty good area. Schools aren't quite as good as Houston though. Bibb County (Macon) is ok in certain areas (North Macon and West Macon (Lake Tobo area), but you would be about 20 - 30 minute commute to the base. Schools aren't quite as good here either, but they're slowly improving. Jones County and Monroe County are 2 very good counties that are to the East and North of Macon respectively, but the commute would be pretty long (30 - 45+ minutes depending on where you were). Peach and Houston are to the South of Macon. The base is on the far side of Warner Robins from I-75 South and pretty much the whole town is to the left of the interstate.

The other big thing to tell you about is the weather here. We have 2 seasons generally, hotter than hail and slightly cool. There is very little in the way of snow or ice during the slightly cool season.

Hope this helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bleckley Co (Cochran) and Pulaski Co (Hawkinsville) are nice***

Jul 1, 2020, 10:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic