Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Requesting Jake Nicolopulos update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Requesting Jake Nicolopulos update

Mar 30, 2016, 11:18 AM

Maybe I missed the most recent update, but searching Tigernet for Nicolopulos only resulted in articles from 2010 & 2011. I did find this one:

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Jake-Nicolopulos-continues-improve-mother-8394&nextbox=1

and a google search popped up this article from 2014:

http://news.shepherd.org/one-mother-describes-how-she-is-stepping-away-to-help-her-son-regain-his-independence-following-rehabilitation-for-a-stroke

However, the blog link (for Ann Nicolopulos) at the end of the story is now dead.

There are facebook links, but the work filter prevents access to social media sites. Perhaps I should just try again at home, but Plyer's blog got me thinking about this young man today. (listed in prayer request)

Any information (links?) would be appreciated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Requesting Jake Nicolopulos update

Mar 30, 2016, 11:43 AM

She still blogs through her caringbridge site.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jakenicolopulos/journa

Mar 30, 2016, 11:45 AM

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jakenicolopulos/journal

Thanks!***

Mar 30, 2016, 11:52 AM

What an ongoing story about Jake & Family from 2009!

Mar 30, 2016, 2:46 PM

Can't believe it's been 7 years.. But seems they are still ALL-IN as a Clemson Family.

GOTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2016, 11:51 AM

Her new blog is http://pressingtowardjoy.com/

I would like an update also. I went to the CaringBridge link

Mar 30, 2016, 5:05 PM

but saw nothing about Jake's current condition. Everything seemed to be written in a religious "code", which is OK, but I still have no idea how Jake is doing. Did I miss something?

Mar 31, 2016, 1:51 PM

Hello Clemson! I am Ann Nicolopulos, Jake's mom. Thank you for your interest in what's going on with him. I do a blog now www.pressingtowardjoy.com. It is related to moving forward in life, even when life is still challenging. Yet I do talk about Jake at times.

I will be updating about Jake soon on my site. For now, Jake is living in the bay area of California, continuing to get therapy at Stanford. He is working as well at Trader Joe's. There are still significant deficits from his stroke related to his speech and right side weakness. Grateful for his life absolutely! The best is yet to come in his life I know ... this is not based upon what I see now, because it is still very tough. Yet, I know this because of my faith and His Promises!

On the Clemson front ... So many people love Clemson University in California. I truly can't walk down a street with Clemson apparel on without getting comments. It is unbelievable. My husband and Jake sport Clemson gear as well and it is the same reaction. Once I share with them our story, they will say Clemson is now my favorite team in the country.

I will never be able to thank Clemson nation and Coach Swinney and staff enough for standing by Jake. But what I can do is whenever I travel around this country, which I do frequently, I make it a part of my mission to share with everyone what a special place Clemson University is!

GO TIGERS!!!

Mar 31, 2016, 2:01 PM

Thanks for taking time to respond. There are a lot of us that followed Jake's situation and really appreciate the update.

Mar 31, 2016, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Requesting Jake Nicolopulos update ]

Give Jake my best wishes, remember watching him play high school football.

And you are absolutely right, the best is yet to come!

Apr 1, 2016, 5:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Requesting Jake Nicolopulos update ]

Thanks for sharing and the best is yet to come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic