Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Replacement toyota remote/key combo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Replacement toyota remote/key combo.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:19 AM

a brief effort shows a very wide range in price, from like $25 for a used one, which would require a new key, to $230 for a new one from a local locksmith. Not sure if it has to be programmed, that's $30.

Anybody ever bought one o these? It's for an '08 Rav4. Only came with one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have told the dealer you wanted 2 keys.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:20 AM

For srs, if nothing else call them and ask why you only got one key and see if they will at least split the cost of another one with you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did try that, just got a low price instead.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:28 AM

found the previous owner's name in the glove box, called him, said he lost one remote while playing golf.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd lean toward spending a little more,

Aug 7, 2013, 9:23 AM

maybe trading the RAV 4 in for a car that doesn't have a vajina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no expert, butt

Aug 7, 2013, 9:25 AM

I'd be willing to pay MORE for something w/ a vajina that didn't talk back.

Hey! Having a car with a lady night time parts is okay...

Aug 7, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to I'd lean toward spending a little more, ]

maybe even awesome. But a Rav4 comes with a fella that chops your balls off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and you claim this is different than a Camry?***

Aug 7, 2013, 9:38 AM

I claim that the Camry is a neutral transaction.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:41 AM

It neither adds to nor takes away from machismo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Rav4 has a V6, is very quick, and is AWD.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:45 AM

so there's that. It's not a Maxima or F150, but it's not a Subaru.

I'm w/ you on this one.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:47 AM

car-vag be ######!

I think it is all the outside I don't like on those.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to the Rav4 has a V6, is very quick, and is AWD. ]

Honestly, the only small SUV I like at all is the GMC terrain, and it still doesn't look great from the side.

Had a rental Terrain in Chicago at the end of last year...

Aug 7, 2013, 10:15 AM

It had the performance characteristics of a Daweoo Lanos

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall you saying that. I did drive one and it seemed to

Aug 7, 2013, 10:23 AM

to okay. Factor in our different expectations and desires from our modes of transportation, I can see why you'd not be happy with it.

I still want something I'd feel comfortable throwing a bike or kayak on as a second car. The earlier thread has me wanting a kayak again.

Here ya go...

Aug 7, 2013, 10:28 AM

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/3982239401.html
http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/3963826451.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does the back come off of those blazers?

Aug 7, 2013, 10:31 AM

I also like the idea of an old jeep or one of those FJ deals I just learned about.

theres a FJ beater on the g'ville list-of-craigs.

Aug 7, 2013, 10:37 AM

$3k

Thank you. All of these purchases will not happen

Aug 7, 2013, 10:38 AM

until I move a couple of houses. At least after Thursday I will finally be able to start showing some.

I'm eying a 1979 Ford Bronco right now for a play toy...

Aug 7, 2013, 10:41 AM

I can get it for under $1k and it runs good...I'd love to paint it orange and make it loud. I really don't need to buy it, as I've got more important things to do with my money, but it would be so cool.

FJ's are pretty cool, you won't find a decent old Jeep

Aug 7, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Does the back come off of those blazers? ]

for real cheap though. I'm about 90% sure the tops of the Blazers come off, I know the Bronco's do.

I thought there was a time when the top came

Aug 7, 2013, 10:39 AM

off both, the whole thing. Then just the camper type thing, then nothing, then blazers started to really really suck.

Anything in the 80's will have a removable top, I think***

Aug 7, 2013, 10:42 AM

#phoebecates***

Aug 7, 2013, 10:44 AM

BOOM SIZZLE***

Aug 7, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to and you claim this is different than a Camry?*** ]

For all the money you save buying a Camry

Aug 7, 2013, 1:37 PM [ in reply to and you claim this is different than a Camry?*** ]

You can afford some pretty choice stanky for your hang-down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wife's car. She got the one remote. I don't drive it too

Aug 7, 2013, 9:33 AM [ in reply to I'd lean toward spending a little more, ]

often, which is why I've made do with a regular key for a year or so, and may just continue to do. But it's such a pain to actually have to insert the key into to lock to unlock your car. Expectially since Toyota only puts one key lock on the car, on the driver's door. Which is a double pain when you want to put something in the back, or open the door for your wife like an ol skool gentleman.

My Malibu was that way, not sure about the

Aug 7, 2013, 9:35 AM

Camry. It was no fun after the remote went bad.

So to quote your post

Aug 7, 2013, 9:38 AM [ in reply to wife's car. She got the one remote. I don't drive it too ]

"it's such a pain to actually have to insert ... something in the back ... like an ol skool gentleman."

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised the programming only costs $30. I understood that

Aug 7, 2013, 9:29 AM

was the main reason my spare cost something over $200. Didn't realize I had to negotiate for a spare key when I was making the deal.

Would never buy from Stone Mtn Toyota agian.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I haven't called Toyota yet. Independent locksmith said the

Aug 7, 2013, 9:36 AM

new key/remote combo, with the key cut, was $200, if it needed programming, another $30. A "refurbished" one with a new key cut and programmed was $180. I would think Toyota would be higher.

Is it possible to get just a fob and not have a new key cut?***

Aug 7, 2013, 9:43 AM

I think so, but then I'd still need the plain key I've got

Aug 7, 2013, 9:52 AM

to start the car. Maybe I could duck tape them together.

Re: I think so, but then I'd still need the plain key I've got

Aug 7, 2013, 9:53 AM
hth.jpg(3.6 K)

Re: Replacement toyota remote/key combo.

Aug 7, 2013, 9:34 AM

I found one on Amazon for an '05 Camry. Also came with programming instructions that were very easy. Seems like it was about $30.

was that just the remote, or remote/key combo?

Aug 7, 2013, 9:41 AM

new?

Re: was that just the remote, or remote/key combo?

Aug 7, 2013, 9:46 AM

Now that you mention it, it was just the remote. It was new but not made by Toyota. We haven't had a bit of problem with it though. It's survived my 16 year old daughter so far!

At least this conversation incited me to try and remove the

Aug 7, 2013, 10:37 AM

cut key from the remote. Only took me 2 minutes to accidentally come across the release mechanis and then figure out how to remove the key.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

bought a blank key and remote for my wifes bug off ebay

Aug 7, 2013, 10:38 AM

lock smith cut the key for $15
google showed us how to clone the remote

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's what I'm talkin' bout. Thanks***

Aug 7, 2013, 1:42 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic