Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rent Free!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Rent Free!!

Dec 31, 2020, 10:39 AM

Look, I have the utmost respect for Clemson. I've sat insided of Jordan Hare stadium amongst the Auburn band and cheered my a$$ off for Clemson (because I hate Auburn). I love Dabo and the staff at Clemson, and even though I think Dabo plays the heel role intentionally, I'm not sure there's a man with more integrity coaching a major college program in America.

In terms of the fanbase though, this board is laughable. Y'all have dominated Ohio State...except for last year I'm not sure we've looked competitive against you. Yet, the vitriol spewed on this board toward Ohio State is downright comical. Who's making excuses? I can't speak for the rest of our fanbase, but I don't expect to win tomorrow night. I don't expect to blown out either, but just being realistic I've seen nothing this year that tells me we can beat ya'll on a neutral field. That's pretty obvious I think, and if another Ohio State fan says different then they're scarlet colored glasses are getting steamed up.

All that to say this, you're view on how the B1G handled Covid is correct, it was completely botched. However, I'm not sure most of you understand the complete disarray it put the programs in our conference through and the impact it had on the players who had to quarantine for an udderly ridiculous 21 days. These kids couldn't even elevate their heartrate let alone practice as I've read on this board. They were literally locked inside their residence, and could do nothing. Going into the Michigan State game, Ohio State was impacted at every position on the offensive line, had 3rd or 4th string Max Wray starting at right tackle, and 3* guard Dawand Jones starting at left tackle. The players didn't come out of quarantine until right before the Michigan game which means they had 7 days to both get back into shape, and prepare for a B1G championship. It is what it is, but I'm not sure any team would perform either consistently or decently in those circumstances. However, thats how this year has panned out...somebody ask Florida what it's like having that many starters out...I'll wait for an answer.

I read a thread yesterday of a guy criticizing our roster of "nobody he's ever heard of" and then less than 24 hrs later I see a thread of how Ohio State fans are using recruting rankings to justify it's ability to win the game...well which one is it?

The truth of this game as we sit about 34 hrs away from kick, is that there isn't an Ohio State fan in the country who has any idea what this team is. We have no clue what this team looks like when all phases are playing well. Honestly, I expect to be asking that same question tomorrow night at around 11:30PM. As much as ya'll like to speak on Clemson living in our heads rent free...I see a lot of "rent free" speech surrounded by Orange and Purple.

Good Luck tomorrow night!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rent Free!!

Dec 31, 2020, 10:45 AM

Thanks - your last paragraph made Dabo's case perfectly!

Dec 31, 2020, 10:45 AM

Good post... Have to disagree with you on one thing. After our game tomorrow, Ohio State topics on this board will die down and after a week from tomorrow, will disappear. "Clemson" will a common term in most threads on the Tnet equivalent at tOSU as it has over the last few years.

Sure, if you lose, it sticks with you longer, but search these boards for LSU threads after last year's beatdown and notice how few exist.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 10:51 AM

Unfortunately it's the result of playing in an abysmal conference. Something ya'll know all to well. When on your best day nobody in your conference can come within 3 scores of you, it's much easier to focus on the teams that you can't or haven't beaten. I mean, it's not a real complicated concept.
The LSU threads might not have been abundant, but let's be honest, nobody had a chance to beat them in the playoff last year. The only game worth watching was Ohio State vs Clemson, because the winner of that game was just a setup to get trounced.
I'd bet when ya'll lost to Bama, it's a much different "thread" story.

Dec 31, 2020, 10:46 AM

Ok

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Annnnnd you decide to come on here to post this?

Dec 31, 2020, 10:46 AM

Great job!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your dumb fat slow team is laughable.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:03 AM

Go sit in a pothole you stoopid meth head.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:25 AM

Dec 31, 2020, 11:29 AM

Y'all?

As a Yankee myself, what is with you trolls that you come here and call TigetNet "y'all" as if you are slumming in Hooterville like Hillary Clinton.

Nobody here calls each other "y'all." We are edjumicated.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:30 AM

"Ya'll"? Holy Jesus are you an idiot.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:33 AM

Good luck tomorrow.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLR3gMag4aQ&feature=emb_logo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 12:03 PM

Insided Jordan Hare? You’re views? You know we misspell words around here for fun... but you sir are a disgrace to trolls everywhere with this grammar!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic