Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rencker just said that America needs our voice!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Rencker just said that America needs our voice!

Aug 14, 2020, 10:35 AM

These guys are good!!! TLaw and Rencher have girlfriends that are friends but they best friends,!

Power of football!!! One guy will be Billionaire, by talent but i think DR will make big change!!

End of day, they are great!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reaffirms the assertion that Dabo and his staff, generally,

Aug 14, 2020, 10:38 AM

recruit quality boys that they mentor into quality men.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Reaffirms the assertion that Dabo and his staff, generally,

Aug 14, 2020, 11:01 AM

This sums it up. High character recruits nourished and supported into lifelong leaders.

When Rencher, Lawrence, and their bruh's

Aug 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

officially back off their stance in support of BLM group, then I'll worry about what they have to say.

Otherwise, they're just kids with a megaphone and public soapbox who've allowed themselves to be manipulated, and are simply trying to get a place at the big people's table.

Just because they wear the Tiger Paw doesn't mean I'm going to let them decide for my conscience.

Being a great athlete, even a leader of the team

Aug 14, 2020, 11:25 AM

does not mean your political opinion is correct, nor does it give you a right to use your platform for your position, especially at such a young age.

And this goes for both sides. I don't wan to hear any player pontificate either for or against a political movement.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

But what if you’re an actor, rock star, or late night “comedian”??

Aug 14, 2020, 1:26 PM

Surely, their political opinion counts for way more than a normal person’s and should be shared widely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yes, I plan on listening to 30 hours of Joe Rogan podcasts

Aug 14, 2020, 6:45 PM

before I decide who to vote for.

Re: But what if you’re an actor, rock star, or late night “comedian”??

Aug 14, 2020, 6:53 PM [ in reply to But what if you’re an actor, rock star, or late night “comedian”?? ]

Those morans are at the very bottom of the list of people to take advice from. Regardless of their age.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Rencher, Lawrence, and their bruh's

Aug 14, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to When Rencher, Lawrence, and their bruh's ]

The big people’s table? Trevor is going to be sitting at a table that no one on TigerNet can even fathom much less “sit at”. Get a grip, people have opinions and just like yours, no one should keep it to themselves. Differing points of view and the dialogue about and between them are what has made this great nation... so D A M N great. It’s always helpful to see something from someone else’s perspective. Young people may not have the life experience of some of us but that doesn’t mean every thought or idea they have should be dismissed because they don’t “sit at the big boys table”. Embrace the differences even when you don’t agree, it may cure some ignorance. Learning their side may even make you better at communicating yours, or in some cases may prove you wrong.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I in no way demeaned their Right to have an opinion

Aug 14, 2020, 7:14 PM

I demeaned the idea that anyone should listen to them - regardless their position in Sports or the amount of money they will probably make one day.

When you come out in support of a group like BLM, then you are neither

- an American who supports his Constitution,
- nor someone who supports Judeo-Christian family values,
- nor someone who actually can go through a day without characterizing other people by what "Race" or Color they are.

It's as simple as that - they themselves say so. BLM supports Marxism, African cultural values, and having no religion.

So - do me a favor an learn to read better or to have better critical thinking. One or the other would be nice.

Which is why when they say there is an equslity problem

Aug 14, 2020, 11:13 AM

I listen and work to understand rather than zooming to the political stories and positions of the left or the right.

Tiger team leaders & coaches support for BLM & 2020 football

Aug 14, 2020, 11:37 AM

season are commendable for many Clemson alumni and fans.

Some may have to take off their political sunglasses and put aside their difference of opinions, but Clemson football is thoughtfully engaged in current events. I can respect the opinions of young people when delivered in a calm, rational way. Their motives seem well intentioned.

Spot the ball, Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who doesn't support the fight against racism and racial

Aug 14, 2020, 12:49 PM

injustice? I am pretty sure that when our players say they support "Black Lives Matter", that's all most of them mean. Unfortunately, "BLM" has also come to be associated with hatred, violence, and anti-American rhetoric, and I wonder how many of them realize that or support that aspect of it.

I think that's the whole problem with "BLM". It's meaning and what it stands for is not clear and fixed; rather it is blurred and seems to change, depending on who you ask.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Who doesn't support the fight against racism and racial

Aug 14, 2020, 1:42 PM

I'd venture to say that the vast majority of people associated with or at least support BLM are good people with good intentions. I think that it's like most things though, and that people take that small percentage of the group that has more sinister motivations and uses that to judge the good ones associated with the group. It's no different from people judging conservatives or liberals based on the actions and/or words of the extremist in each group.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:49 PM

I'll also add that I think most people know what I just said is true, but for some reason people seem to look for any excuse to dismiss the overall message by focusing on the violence in the riots, and saying things like all lives matter.

If a group were formed by a bunch of parents based on abuse against children including wanting more done against child predators, and used a slogan of "children matter" then I highly doubt people would be outraged against the group and dismiss them by saying everyone matters. If that group had a small percentage of people riot after a child was murdered then I don't think everyone would dismiss their overall message and focus of the group by calling the entire group a hate group.

An honest, reasonable, civil discussion about race

Aug 14, 2020, 2:19 PM

is virtually impossible today because so many people have been wrongly convinced they are victims, and feel totally justified in lashing out with anger and violence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

SmilinTiger, what do you think the Board/cultural response

Aug 14, 2020, 6:52 PM

would be if this were put out there:

"I'd venture to say that the vast majority of people associated with or who at least support {Trump} are good people with good intentions."

You see this just shows that the Liberals think and know that they're "better than" the rest of us. They're quite literally in their view "all good people". Their "intentions" aren't to be questioned. And when they happen to fall in behind a Racist bunch of Manipulators, well that's not to be charged to their account.

Liberals aren't "mostly well intentioned"; they're "mostly self deluded with Daddy problems".

Aug 14, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Who doesn't support the fight against racism and racial ]

Just one distinction: if we say "Children matter", then some day those kids will grow up and it will become their responsibility to look out for the next generation. In other words, you can't stay "preferred" forever.

But when you say "Black Lives Matter", and we all agree that they do, when do the previously-neglected-but-now-preferred ones step off the pedestal? Ever? Inequality is rare today. You will not find a lawyer who could make a living in 2020 prosecuting racial inequality cases. It barely exists in America any more.

But racial Inequity exists in incredible amounts. So how much stuff do we all have to give up--you know, to balance the scale of Inequity--before BLM is willing to say, "Enough! Let's transition to Children Matter!"? We both know--it won't happen.

BTW, unlike in UK, slave owners in America were never compensated when the government unilaterally freed the slaves. Most former slave owners were impoverished after the Civil War. If the Federal government had paid for slaves' release, the former slaves could have earned a living wage after the war if they had wanted to by working the same ground as before while earning a living from their former owners. But if anyone suggests reparations be paid to slave owners' descendants? HAHAHA. They will never be compensated for their lost investment like Her Majesty's subjects were.

Re: Rencker just said that America needs our voice!

Aug 14, 2020, 12:38 PM

I think Rencher said the same thing

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic