Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks Like Army Will be Playing in Walhalla on Wedmesday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Looks Like Army Will be Playing in Walhalla on Wedmesday

Dec 17, 2020, 2:57 PM

The caption under a photo in today's Seneca Journal reads, "Walhalla High School senior Zaire Scotland, third from left, is joined by loved ones as he signs to play football at Army on Wednesday in Walhalla".

That must be the same writer who, several years ago, wrote, "John Doe hit a woman with a shoe on the top of her head". John must have been angry because she did not have that shoe on one of her feet.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of ole' Lewis Grizzard's "Greatest Headline in

Dec 17, 2020, 3:23 PM

Sports History". An excerpt from an article as to how it came about. (It was about the upcoming Georgia vs South Carolina football game.)

A talented young man, he (Grizzard) was writing two columns daily – one in the morning for the Athens Banner Herald and one in the afternoon for the Athens Daily News. Lewis walked in, went straight to the refrigerator, got a beer, plopped down in a chair, pushed his glasses back up his nose and announced, “Gentlemen, with any luck at all, tomorrow morning you’ll witness journalistic history. I have submitted my column and if it gets by my editor – and there’s a good chance of that happening, since he looked drunk earlier this evening – you’ll enjoy the greatest headline in the history of sports journalism.”

He refused to tell us what it was, and to be honest with you, we all forgot about it. As Lewis went home to his lovely, young bride, the four of us went back over to the Fraternity house to get a head start on the weekend.

The next morning, as usual, I went straight for the Sports Section. As I pulled it out, I could do nothing but smile, because our buddy had pulled it off. To this day, Vince Dooley calls it his most memorable column ever – all because of the headline, which read:
DOGS TO PLAY C0CKS WITH D!CKS OUT

(Georgia had a defensive back at the time whose last name was D!cks. He was injured and unable to participate in the game.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic