Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reminder that meteorologists are charlatans with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Reminder that meteorologists are charlatans with

Feb 16, 2021, 10:44 AM

college degrees

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/status/1352228449553772553

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Counterpoint

Feb 16, 2021, 10:46 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure about his meterology skills, but he can yell out

Feb 16, 2021, 10:58 AM

"AMIR SIMMS FOR THRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" pretty well.

#hatethatcallthanksNBA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Wonder how long he'll keep the PA gig?***

Feb 16, 2021, 11:01 AM

Here's a fun little csb

Feb 16, 2021, 10:54 AM

I think it was a little after college, I'm on a boat with a few other people out in the middle of Hartwell somewhere up around the ###. I'm watching a storm roll in from the southwest, which is where they typically come from. It looks fairly nasty, I can visibly see the rain bands off in the distance, and the sky is dark.

I indicate that we need to get back to the dock, and have a college graduate argue with me that since "there's nothing on the radar", we're totally fine. Nothing is coming, how could it be? It's not on the radar! It opened up on us a few miles from the dock, lightning and all.

This kind of mindset has run rampant through society. It doesn't seem limited to weather anymore, if some sort of computer model or a dude with a Harvard degree says it's true, well gotdamnit it is! And there's no arguing otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a couple decades ago some duffas said 97% of scientist

Feb 16, 2021, 11:37 AM

agree that global warming is man made. Fast forward and almost 20 years later they brain dead still claim that this number is true and hasn't changed. The 97% came from people reading studies and making some sort of conclusion as to what they read.

Scientist don't work like that. Very few scientific papers conclude that global warming is man made. A lot of them conclude that man made c02 might contribute, but it is rarely quantified.

But this is the twitter world that we live in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Supposedly, on Monday, May 10th

Feb 16, 2021, 10:56 AM

It will be mostly cloudy, 82 degrees, with a 51% chance of rain/storms. I better remember to pack an umbrella in 84 days when I drive somewhere.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lexington/29072/daily-weather-forecast/335470?day=84

I mean where the #### do they come up with this stuff?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get why anyone tries to look at a forecast more

Feb 16, 2021, 11:00 AM

than a few days out. My [brother redacted] will text me like 10 days before a Clemson game with 'weather looks good' and I'm just eye-rolling.

Maybe a week out they can guess in general terms. MAYBE.

3 days....three days before I give it anything near

Feb 16, 2021, 11:06 AM

serious attention. Two days serious attention. But the only time I pay total attention is in the morning for that day only.

I will never forget Ben Tanner. He predicted a heavy snowfall for Columbia once. Like 8-10 inches. He gleefully got up there and showed us the computer models. Of course there were three, and one showed only a dusting, and he picked the worst one as what HE THOUGHT would happen.

So they closed schools ahead of time. Businesses closed. People took off work, stores closed. All bracing for the impending blizzard. Milk and bread were nowhere to be found.

By 11am something was amiss. It was like 50 degrees with light rain. By that evening he realized he'd blew it. City shut down. Millions of dollars were lost in the city from no one working. Schools closed. And it was all BS, right up until the morning of the BS event.

That guy, and whoever made the computer models, cost the City of Columbia (alone) more money than he will ever make in his lifetime, times 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL like the meteorologist on Curb your enthusiasm predicts

Feb 16, 2021, 11:10 AM

rain so he can get a tee time whenever he wants it.

That's almost as brilliant as wearing

Feb 16, 2021, 11:14 AM

a MAGA hat so people wouldn't want to talk to you

I got a chortle out of that

Feb 16, 2021, 11:11 AM [ in reply to I don't get why anyone tries to look at a forecast more ]

I could see [name redacted] doing that.

I tell my son when it comes to snow in Columbia

Feb 16, 2021, 11:19 AM [ in reply to I don't get why anyone tries to look at a forecast more ]

Just know this.....

If they're calling for a blizzard or a lot of snow, especially 3-4 days out, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

If they're calling for a blizzard or a lot of snow the day before, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

IF they're NOT calling for snow UNTIL the day before, then say it may be a light dusting.....borderline, iffy, uncertain forecast, yada yada

THAT is when you buy your milk and bread, and evidently TP.

Re: Reminder that meteorologists are charlatans with

Feb 16, 2021, 11:27 AM

Went to my bro's house in the upstate for the *######* loss to the Bucknuts game. Two days before, WIS in Cola said mostly sunny with a high of 68, so I dressed for that. By the time I stopped in Mauldin for beer, it was cloudy, windy and 47. And these are the types that want to tell us what the climate will be in 50 years? Pu-leeeze.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's your lesson then,

Feb 16, 2021, 11:29 AM

don't #### with Mauldin

Well, no. Climatologist=/=meteorologist***

Feb 16, 2021, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Reminder that meteorologists are charlatans with ]

Re: Well, no. Climatologist=/=meteorologist***

Feb 16, 2021, 11:47 AM

So one forecasts the weather and the other predicts when meteorites will hit?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One is a palm reader. The other, tarot cards.***

Feb 16, 2021, 11:50 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic