Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember this about Ga Tech!! (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,614

Remember this about Ga Tech!! (long)

Nov 11, 2013, 3:45 PM

To our younger generation of Tigers you must know this...for many years Tech would not come to Clemson to play us. I remember Ga Tech FINALLY coming to Clemson to play in Clemson instead of the game always being in Atlanta. It was a big deal! I know things change...I know some of you may not care...but for those of us old enough to remember..it is still a big deal because of their arrogance and disdain for Clemson. You see children,once upon a time Tech thought they were to good to travel to Clemson. Too smart. Too much tradition. Big City sophisticated. Academically and gridiron superior. Death Valley....it was no Grant Field! The $2 bill tradition..it started in Atlanta! For many years we played Georgia and Ga Tech back to back on the schedule. Frank Howard even once told the Tiger's after a Ga loss one year... "boys ya'll remember now, Georgia beat us bad last year but we still went to Atlanta and whipped Tech's ###!"

Yes it is Thursday night. Yes it will be cold. No Game Day won't be there. No it's not a Top Ten match up...but we should never forget the tradition that this game carries. Go Tigers. Beat Tech.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember that time the game was on The Ocho?***

Nov 11, 2013, 3:51 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

39-3 ... GREAT GAME by Whitehurst and Currie.***

Nov 11, 2013, 4:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Was this in the Bobby Dodd days????

Nov 11, 2013, 4:19 PM

Having grown up in GA I can still remember a lot of bragging about GT football and the glory days of beating Notre Dame and later when games turned into brawls in the stands. (60s??).

But I don't remember a whole lot to brag about after that....at least not in the "modern era".....

My first game at Grant Field was 1968.

Nov 11, 2013, 4:46 PM

Charlie Waters, Buddy Gore, Ray Yauger.....great game but we lost by 3.

i saw simon and garfunkel at grant field, too. good show.

Nov 11, 2013, 6:46 PM

that was a little more than a couple years ago,though. now that i think about it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1974 -- first winning season in years

Nov 11, 2013, 4:52 PM

7-4 was such a big deal back then they made a commemorative Pepsi bottle. Undefeated at home. Lost a heartbreaker at Tennessee.

Re: 1974 -- first winning season in years

Nov 11, 2013, 4:55 PM

didnt make a bowl after beating Ga and GT at DV. I always thought we were deserving but Bowls were a big deal back then and you had to have a strong season

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1974 -- first winning season in years

Nov 11, 2013, 6:27 PM [ in reply to 1974 -- first winning season in years ]

I still have that bottle and its still filled with Pepsi. Think its flat by now?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,614
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic