Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remaining Basketball Schedule/Thoughts......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,693

Remaining Basketball Schedule/Thoughts......

Jan 21, 2021, 6:15 PM

Where we stand currently 9-3 (3-3)

Big Wins: Purdue, Alabama, FSU, N.C. State
Bad Losses: Well...two are bad by margin....but aside from that, none of the 3 are truly "bad" from a NCAA tourney perspective (we are still a 5 seed in the latest bracketology). But the arrow is trending down....need to fix that.

Coming Up

1/23 at FSU.....FSU is probably heading back into the top 25 and waving at us on our way out.

1/27 BC..... this will be a "must win/get right game"...they are not good.

1/30 at Duke....well, Duke is not the usual Duke, and the crazies aren't crazy. But it's still tough.

2/2 UNC.....well, UNC is not the usual UNC. Would be nice to at least split the Duke/UNC back to back.

2/6 Syracuse....need to take care of business here and get to Denny's afterwards.

2/13 Ga. Tech....I assume we'll play better at home and will avoid the sweep.

2/17 at Notre Dame....ND is not very good. Need to take care of business here.

2/21 at Pittsburgh....this one may be trouble. They are much improved.

2/24 at Wake....Wake is not very good. Need to take care of business here. But 3rd road game in a row..

2/27 Miami...they are well coached and may have Lykes back..will need to win home games like this..

3/3 Louisville....Don't know much about them at this point, but I feel good about home games.

3/6 Pittsburgh...Senior day...I think we take this one and split with Pitt.

So...we have played 12 and have 12 left to play. 7 of the remaining games are at home and only 5 on the road. On the road games, I think we'll have a hard time at FSU, at Duke and at Pitt. But maybe we can get the games at Notre Dame and at Wake. For the home games, a lot of these teams could beat us on a given day. But I tend to think 5-2 would be reasonable. Or maybe we go 4-3 and pick up one of the other road games.
I do think the past two games, as bad as they have been, are not indicative of where this team will finish. But I also don't think we were ever really the "# 12 team" or whatever we were for five minutes. I do think this is a NCAA tourney team and could see us finishing something like 16-8....which this year gets us comfortably in the tournament. Going 16-8 would mean going 7-5 in the last 12 games. It would put as at 10-8 in ACC play...but we have some really strong non-conference wins this year. Purdue is a tourney team...Alabama is ranked and owning the SEC. Maryland and Miss. State are also decent wins. So we don't have to win them all, but we do need to play better and get to 16 or 17 wins.

It's totally doable....but all this assumes we somewhat fix whatever has ailed us since the ill-timed Covid break.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remaining Basketball Schedule/Thoughts......

Jan 21, 2021, 7:07 PM

Good job on overview of games left. Hope we try to make up at least one of the two games we missed even if it’s against another team maybe who we
Only played once.
Very doable but have to start playing a lot better for sure. The only one I don’t see as any chance of winning is at FSU. They play really well at their place and want some payback.

Jan 21, 2021, 7:39 PM

Pretty reasonable assessment on the remaining games. It’s a really hard year to figure out. Clemson is still in good position to make a run. Most teams go through a stretch of poor play so I don’t think it’s time for y’all to panic. I keep thinking dook and my Tar Heels will get better but so far it just hasn’t happened.

Jan 21, 2021, 8:21 PM

I really think the Tigers sweep Duke and UNC this year if they can get back to the form they played early this year.

Jan 21, 2021, 8:35 PM

If they snap out of the recent funk that’s a reasonable expectation. Several weeks ago I said Clemson was one of the top 3 teams in the ACC. The past 2 games have made me doubt my statement but I think it could still be true. Teams sometimes just go through periods like this.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:04 AM

Thoughts;
Like football it's a one game season The next.

Good post. But...man....

Jan 22, 2021, 6:34 AM

All I can think is that I’ve seen this movie before.

But is there even an NIT to play in this year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson won't win any of them...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:18 AM

if they continue to play like they did in the last two games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,693
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic