Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reflection on the loss, team weaknesses, etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Reflection on the loss, team weaknesses, etc

Jan 7, 2021, 11:10 AM

I’m making this topic to give my opinion on all the questions regarding BV and some of the defensive staff.

It’s been discussed here, and anyone that’s followed our OL recruiting and injuries the past few years knew that this year could be ugly for that position group. We were also without our 3 most physically talented WR. Those factors considered, I think our offense did pretty well this season. Not to say there isn’t concern for the OL in the future, but recruiting has seen a noticeable uptick in the last two classes.

I wrote earlier in the season that I just didn’t think it was our year for a championship. My biggest concern was a talented, but young defense. Our three most talented players on defense are Davis, Bresee, and Murphy. Two freshman and a sophomore. After that the most talented are probably Simpson and Booth. A freshman and a redshirt freshman that spent last year injured. Even Kendrick who’s a junior, only just started playing cornerback a few years ago.

My point is there, is young talent on this team, with more coming in behind them. I was disappointed with the teams showing in the OSU game, but go look at their depth chart. They have a lot of upperclassmen starting, especially on defense. This sport is cyclical even at the top where teams are more apt to reload then rebuild. Especially in a year where we didn’t get a spring offseason, experience matters.

All that to say, this team has work to do to get back to another championship, but the sky isn’t falling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reflection on the loss, team weaknesses, etc

Jan 7, 2021, 12:06 PM

My reflection is very simple;
LSU was the better team.
OSU wanted it more.
I too didn't think we were championship material this year, but a lot of what I read said OSU was better last year.
The thing is now what happens going forward.
We can not afford to be made to look bad. And we looked bad ,on both sides of the ball in both games.
A third strike and you might need to start shopping for a few positional coaching changes, or a new strength and conditioning coach.

Re: Reflection on the loss, team weaknesses, etc

Jan 7, 2021, 12:23 PM

Good post and it wouldn't hurt for a refresh on offense we really need it. Recruit bigger backs and corners that can play on an island

100% agree.....

Jan 7, 2021, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Reflection on the loss, team weaknesses, etc ]

after 2 embarrassing losses in our last 2 playoff games I think it's reasonable to not only expect much better, but to "look in the mirror" and analyze a number of things.

-depending on need I think Dabo should consider "strategic" utilization of the transfer portal.....don't depend on it, but utilize it when it FITS........that's the CFB world today.

-I think Defense & Offense needs "tweaking"......not just "growing up".

-I like Dabo, but I do think he went "out of character" a time or two this season. The ranking of Ohio State 11th was the cherry on top. I understand his reasoning, but he of all people should know the power of bulletin board material to the opponent.

I do agree with your "third strike" comment. Don't want that to become a "trend"..........HOPEFULLY the scores of the last 2 playoff games are plastered all over our weight room for the next 365 Days just as a reminder.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic