Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Farmers Insurance is over . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Farmers Insurance is over . . .

Jan 31, 2021, 7:25 PM

Patrick “not always above board” Reed won it all @ -14 . . . Good for a $1,350,000 payday

Kyle shot -1 today . . . Ended up @ -5 and T-18th Place . . . Good for ~ $83,250 payday

Lucas shot Even Par today . . . Ended up @ -1 and T-42nd Place . . . Good for ~ $25,875 payday

Way to Go Tigers!!! . . . Will be pulling for you again on Super Bowl Weekend as you play in Scottsdale @ the Waste Management Open!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Farmers Insurance is over . . .

Jan 31, 2021, 7:35 PM

I get a little tired of the establishment ganging up on Reed when guys like Adam Scott just sit there and cheat on every putt on every hole right in front of you and nobody says anything. What Scott and Kuchar do is much more egregious in my opinion. It’s like the ridiculous way all the LPGA golfers had to be lined up by their caddy on every shot or putt until they finally put a stop to it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Jan 31, 2021, 8:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reed unfortunately has a less than stellar past...so the

Jan 31, 2021, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Farmers Insurance is over . . . ]

grief he gets is warranted. What do Scott/Kuchar do that compares to scooping sand from behind the ball to improve a lie?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no, what Reed did yesterday is just another example. The

Jan 31, 2021, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Farmers Insurance is over . . . ]

ball bounced. A nice little bounce that was maybe 2 feet high... max. LOL. Maybe less than that, doesn't matter. ####, YOU COULD DROP 10,000 BALLS FROM WAIST HIGH IN THAT GRASS AND IT WILL NOT "PLUG". PERIOD. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. PERIOD. HE LIED. PERIOD. IT WAS NOT PLUGGED. PERIOD.

A "plug" is when the ball comes screaming in at full speed and slams into the turf so hard it embeds itself in the muck. Even worse, he messed around with the ball for about 10-15 seconds while no one else was around. And then he removed it. The official had no choice but to take his word that it didn't bounce, and he couldn't observe it, because Reed had already plucked it out. So he got the benefit of the doubt and the official let him have a drop. From deep in the thick rough to a nice little lie in the short grass near the cart path. How fortunate.

No. Reed doesn't get a bad rap "just because"... he brings it all on himself. Period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I don't know if he lied...

Feb 1, 2021, 9:16 AM

because I'm not sure anyone, other than the television cameras, saw the ball bounce and in fairness, he did ask.

However, manipulating the ball, picking it up, and then moving it before a rules official arrived, is absolutely cheating.

No way that ball was embedded or plugged.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I get a little tired of watching Reed’s man bewbs flop around.

Feb 1, 2021, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Farmers Insurance is over . . . ]

He is a very good golfer though.

I hope he works out his family disputes.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 31, 2021, 9:40 PM

Reed’s problem’s are a lot deeper than messing with his lie. Estranged from his parents and his only sibling, few friends, etc... I hope he gets his priorities straight before it’s too late in life. He may have a lot of money, but it won’t buy character. Maybe his children will open his eyes to a better way. Such a sad person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2021, 11:03 PM

Nice paydays for our Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 1, 2021, 6:50 AM

Reed has ruined my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2021, 8:35 AM

I read several years back that he got kicked out of Georgia (if my memory serves me correctly) for stealing money from his golf team teammates. Pretty low, in my opinion. If true, and I have no way to verify it, he deserves all the bad comments that he gets.

Feb 1, 2021, 9:49 AM

That's one of the things he was accused of among others. It was said that his own teammates pulled against him in his matches while at UGA. His estrangement with his family is pretty well documented. Not the kind of person I like to pull for!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that I am a Reed fan, but I do find it humorous that

Feb 1, 2021, 1:35 PM

he and Rory McElroy took embedded ball relief under almost identical situations Sunday, with far different spins put on it by the media. Everyone is on Reeds case for cheating, even though he called a rules official over, asked a bunch of questions, and then dropped the ball. Rory, on the other hand, didn't even get a rules official involved, did the same thing, yet everyone rushed to defend him, saying, "of COURSE Rory would never cheat." A perfect example in both cases of reputation preceding you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not that I am a Reed fan, but I do find it humorous that

Feb 1, 2021, 11:32 PM

It is certainly due mostly to the fact that Reed has a black cloud over his head. We may not know who cheats or stretches the rules, but I guarantee you the other payers do. There are some players, like Tom Watson or Jack Nicklaus that would cut off their arm before they would cheat or even stretch the rules beyond what the rulebook says. I think ti was Watson who said that there are only three rules in golf ....... 1. play the ball from tee to green .....2. Play the ball as you find it ..... and 3. If you can't do that, do what is fair! And of course there are two huge volumes of books that define what is fair ...... but ultimately you are doing what is fair.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m glad Reed won...

Feb 2, 2021, 3:17 PM

The arrogant analysts went crazy trying to tear him down.

Reed just laughed and dominated.

Loved it.

These arrogant condescending analysts think a lot of themselves and are clueless at times.

Again, loved it that Reed shoved it back at them. And, won.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic