Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting final rankings. We're 9th on this one.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,966

Recruiting final rankings. We're 9th on this one.

Feb 7, 2019, 7:10 AM

Sorry if Germans. All other updates I can find are still from yesterday except for this one.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

Recooting got them 17th.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting final rankings. We're 9th on this one.

Feb 7, 2019, 8:51 AM

Amazing considering Dabo is selective in who he offers. Most of the other coaches offer based on football ability only.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 9:35 AM

Dabo and his staff clearly show what you can do when you make the effort to recruit people vs. collecting stars.
Go Tigers!

I think caring at all about something as inaccurate

Feb 7, 2019, 9:25 AM

as recruiting rankings is a problem.

They may know enough to mostly be right about who the best players are, but the idea that they have any level of precision in order to rank players and give them point ratings... that is done to make money from fans who want another layer of rivalry between other programs.

In short, it's a money making scam.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think caring at all about something as inaccurate

Feb 7, 2019, 9:31 AM

Determining a 5 star at say 20 overall and a 4 star at say 33 overall isn’t an exact science. If you think the difference between a recruit ranked in top 150 and say ranked 300 overall you don’t pay attention enough to recruiting. Blue chips are considered 4 and 5 star players inside the top 250. Clemson is the lowest percent to ever win a national championship with a little over 50% of our entire roster being blue chip.

Sure those sites make money, but you dont become elite in college football with a bunch of 3 star recruits and a class ranked outside of the top 10. Ask U of S.C. about it.

Well they got you in their pocket, that's clear.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:32 AM

They adjust rankings based on who offers them and which program they attend. It's a science of manipulation. The level of specificity they project with their rankings is ridiculous.

We could tell all we need to know based on who is offering them. That's as exact as it gets in reality. They add several layers of fiction to keep people hooked. It's brilliant manipulation. They essentially create a perception out of near thin air.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to I think caring at all about something as inaccurate ]

Since 2005, the national champion has had more than 50% of 4&5 stars on their roster. Blue chips are 1,000 times more likely to be drafted in the first round and 33 times more likely to be All Americans than 2 stars.

It’s more than a money maker....

Feb 7, 2019, 9:46 AM

You don’t know what you are talking about.

Here’s where a few people post Hunter Renfrow pics and forget about the rest of the roster.

Jk man... blue chips absolutely matter and I’m glad you realize this too.

Not sure how this has't occurred to you guys yet...

Feb 7, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I think caring at all about something as inaccurate ]

they adjust their ranking of players based on offers. They know teams that are likely to be good, and the rankings and ratings are massaged so that they will likely be in line with teams success. Texas had top 5 classes for a few years when they sucked, then Rivals et. all got the hint and dropped them down every year, now they look good again, and their recruiting rankings are higher.

It's a charade. It's easy to make it look accurate enough based on what you know about coaches history of talent evaluation. Where they make their money are the rankings... which are complete fiction.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:31 AM

Only team in the top 10 with more 3-stars than 4&5 stars. Not good if history means anything according to the blue chip ratio.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 AM

If this is true again in 2020 then it may be something to look at further.

If this is the exception to the rule and this class of 3 star guys is sandwiched between the star studded class of '18 and another class of stars in '20 then we have nothing to worry about.

This class should have time to develop at every position except DT and TE. CB could go either way.

There is also the thought that some of these guys are much better than their ranking may show due to not attending many of the recruiting camps.

If this is the case, then there are stars in this class as well and we just don't know about them yet.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:10 AM

Totally agree. 2020 needs to be a stellar class. I haven’t done the research this morning to see what our ratio is with this class but I imagine it’s around 50%. 2021 is the year we should keep our eye on as the 2018 studs will be entering the draft (Ross, Lawrence, Thomas, possibly Henry) and this class will be the veterans.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:13 AM

Not sure about 2021 but the overall talent in 2020 is crazy good like it was in 2018. We are in it for 15 of the top 40 kids or something like that. Not to mention as soon as hopefully the spring game happens we will have our bell cow for this class when DJU pops (at least I think and hope). Get him on board officially and the rest will want to join.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting final rankings. We're 9th on this one. ]

It’s ok if it’s one class. From the beginning this class was on high on scholarships and low on top end talent. We hit on some stars at positions of need with Booth and I think Jones. Of course WRU is WRU and Putnam can’t be understated how big of a get that was. After that we took a lot of projects that have very high ceilings. This class was mostly about building depth and taking a few high risk high reward prospects the Nigerian duo and the Williams kid. Don’t worry too much bc after 2020 our blue chip ratio will be just fine. Also, next year look back at the 17 and 18 class as mostly those classes plus a few 16 guys will be on the field.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,966
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic