Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you look at Kelly B's stats, they aren't that bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If you look at Kelly B's stats, they aren't that bad

Jul 25, 2018, 3:35 PM

KB had over 2,800 yards passing and over 650 yards rushing for 24 total TDs. I realize they aren't DW4 numbers but you have to remember that it was his first full season and first season as the starting QB. If you look at DW4's freshman numbers, KB had more passing yards and more rushing TDs (yes I know that KB played more games, but hear me out).

All I'm saying is that KB had a great year winning 12 games (something done only a handful of times in Clemson History, and never done the coots). I know TLaw has the hype and he broke DW4 records in High School, but he still has to win the job in practice. I'm not predicting who will be the starter or who is better, but I truly believe in Dabo and his coaches. I also believe that we can win with both, and I will be happy with whoever Dabo picks. If KB wins the job, I will be cheering for him 110%, because he has earned it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we go again..........umm a umm

Jul 25, 2018, 4:18 PM

I'll be reading this the rest of my life!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: If you look at Kelly B's stats, they aren't that bad

Jul 25, 2018, 6:26 PM

Passes over 10 yards he’s a 35% passer. That’s the only stat that matters to win a national championship. Not compete but win

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 6:44 PM

And over 20 yds he's only 25%.

In spite of the many times the guy in orange had the defender beat like a drum.

sorry to disappoint, but kb is not

Jul 25, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If you look at Kelly B's stats, they aren't that bad ]

bi - you know, due to your curiosity and all

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: sorry to disappoint, but kb is not

Jul 25, 2018, 7:16 PM

Dang. He’s so tall and he can dance too

Jul 25, 2018, 7:37 PM

How many times is “kb stats aren’t that bad “ going to be posted this summer?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really dude?

Jul 25, 2018, 7:46 PM

His stats are pretty freaking bad for a playoff contending team. Stop acting like he is an above average QB. And for your Watson comparison, in ONE game Watson's freshman year he had 6 touchdowns. 6 touchdowns. That is 25% of KB's total Touchdowns in 14 games. In one game.

Re: Really dude?

Jul 25, 2018, 7:59 PM

Almost 50% of his passing TDs as well.

Re: Really dude?

Jul 26, 2018, 9:43 AM

Then there's the fact that in 2015, DW4 doubled Bryant's rushing yards, while passing for also double his passing yards and triple his passing TD's.

Others might have a different view

Jul 25, 2018, 7:56 PM

But I don’t think this whole KB vs. TL debate is trying to tear Kelly down and say he’s horrible. I know some have positioned it that way.

My viewpoint is that Kelly did a great job in continuing the run of what we’ve come to expect from our Tigers last year and he should be celebrated for that. But we also saw against Bama that he has certain limitations in his game that are a big obstacle in beating Bama and winning a title which this team is fully capable of.

We also wouldn’t be having this discussion if TL wasn’t, according to several national recruiting experts, the “best HS QB they’ve ever seen.” There’s no shame in Kelly getting beaten out by someone with Trevor’s talent. But KB has definitely earned the opportunity to win the job in camp and I think it will only make both of them better even though I think and want TL to win because he opens up our offense more and puts the ball in the hands of our awesome skill players.

Re: Others might have a different view

Jul 25, 2018, 8:44 PM

To Born a Tiger:
Exactly right.

I firmly believe Dabo got his coaches together last year and said something like, "It looks like Kelly Bryant is our best option at QB. Does everybody believe we can win with Kelly?"

After some discussion, he would have followed up with,"since we're all in agreement, the next question is obvious: what can we do, as play callers, as an offense, as a defense, to help him be successful, to put him in situations where he can excel; because we know how good we are on defense, but if our offense doesn't score points, if our QB can't move the ball, this season is gonna be ugly by our standards."

So they crafted an offense to fit Kelly that still fits the basic Clemson scheme. And while it sputtered at times, that offense did the job until Alabama.

Now the coaches need to know which offense to play with, and Dabo is forcing them to plan to play both by moving his decision point down the road. I think we will keep both offensive plans until Chase has passed Kelly for #2, which may not be until 2019.

There is no question that Dabo doesn't want to lose Kelly by pulling his entire role from him. Absolutely none of us want to see Kelly turn into a Tiger version of Jalen Hurts.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:01 PM

You have to go back to 2010 to find a more stagnant Clemson passing game. We were 6-7 that year. KB is a leader but his stats were not good I don't know why people want to bring up his stats. We struggled to find the end zone every week on offense and that's a big deal. I like KB and want whoever is going to put Clemson in the best position possible but lets not pretend KB did or "led" Clemson to 12 wins, we had the most talented defense probably ever before this year mixed with a lot of leadership and that was what did it. KB is a game manager not changer but he has the ability to take over the game but he has to take that step into the next level in his mind to be able to get there and hopefully he has this off season.

Stick KB on any one of those teams. 2010-2013

Jul 25, 2018, 9:24 PM

Does he win more games than TB did? srs question

Re: Stick KB on any one of those teams. 2010-2013

Jul 25, 2018, 11:48 PM

No.
And Nuk wouldn't have gone 1st round.
In fact, Chad wouldn't have let him start, because he wouldn't have altered the offense for him.

Jul 26, 2018, 9:52 AM

The fact that you have to try to justify his stats or talent speaks volumes. When Deshaun Watson was the quarterback everyone just knew he was good and didn't need stats to try to back it up. When he stepped on the field you knew you were witnessing a great talent.

Sorry but thats not the case with Kelly he's an average passer at best that has some mobility. Clemson won at times in spite of his shortcomings because he was the best option last year. Is he the best option this year? I don't think so but time will tell

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic