Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Because it was Bama, it hurts worse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Because it was Bama, it hurts worse

Jan 2, 2018, 3:51 PM

I don't wanna lose to anyone. But after the beautiful back to game drama we had with Alabama, and winning the second game on Rocky Balboa fashion, now we have to deal with The Revenge! No doubt Alabama wanted just this, and they were awarded their game by failing to win their division. (Makes no sense) I felt Clemson got the shaft when they paired us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama

Jan 2, 2018, 4:34 PM

There were no weak-sisters in the 2017 CFP - unlike previous years. 'Bama was the #4 seed since they didn't win their conference, but the other three were good teams and locks. The committee had OState as #5 and Wisconsin as #6. Does anyone really think that either of those deserved to be included? So, Bama gets in and if you want to win the championship you have to beat them sooner or later.

No one was picking on us. No one disrespected us. We were invited to the party. All four teams are good. All of the play-off games would be tough. We had our chance and didn't win.

This was another great year to be a Tiger, so I want to thank the players and coaches for another good ride. It was fun. There is no reason to be upset - disappointed perhaps in what could have been - but not upset. I am proud of our young men. We over-achieved and never quit this season, and we were a tough out! Just ask the 12 teams we beat. After last year, most of them said that they couldn't wait to play us again this year. Not many of them (including Big Bad Bama) are looking forwad to playing us again. That's respect.

Re: Bama

Jan 2, 2018, 5:46 PM

Bama was great last night and proved they did belong, after the fact. Did there resume show enough to be in on Ohio State/Wisconsin? I think so for Wisconsin but I'm not so sure for Ohio State.

Sure, they lost at home to Oklahoma (playoff team and by far the best offense in the country), and a blowout to Iowa. In turn, they beat Penn State and Wisconsin, both top 10 teams.

Alabama had no such wins and lost their last game of the season, did not win their conference, much less their division.

Basically I'm saying that Bama did deserve to be there based on the results, I just don't think they should have been there based on the resume at the end of the year.

Not that this really matters at all now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it's all said and done...

Jan 2, 2018, 4:39 PM

we were in a rebuilding year but still lost to the best team in the NCAA. I know, trust me I know, second place is just first loser to some but I feel this season has been an example of Clemson overachieving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...

Jan 2, 2018, 4:41 PM

I would have much rather lost to Pitt or BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Really??? Go ahead and throw in Cuse too...***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:17 PM

Disagree. Would we rather lose to a Notre Dame,

Jan 2, 2018, 4:47 PM

Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia ????
No! Alabama is the gold standard, the best of the best year in year out.
No disgrace in losing to a perennial power.
None.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic