Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To any Clemson Tiger fans in the state of Ohio:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

To any Clemson Tiger fans in the state of Ohio:

Dec 27, 2020, 9:08 AM

First and foremost, my condolences that you, for whatever reason have to reside up theya.

Secondly, curious if a phenomena that happens yearly at the Goodwill stores down here occurs up there on occasion. It is this: After each Clemson vs Coot game, the stores are flooded with USuK gear. This is due to the annual "I give up, forever!" which they forget about as next season approaches, They then go out and buy more Coot gear, and the cycle repeats.

Now, obviously we do not play the Chuckeyes ever year, But, we can get a data point this year. Please just peruse the aisles of your local Ohio Goodwill stores now, and again a couple days after Friday's Win for the Thumb, see if there is a sudden glut of Chuckeye gear, and report back.

Then, we will know that there is yet another thing that the Nut Necklaces and our Futile Feathered Foes in Cootlumbia have in common.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and will certainly have a Happy New Year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To any Clemson Tiger fans in the state of Ohio:

Dec 27, 2020, 9:15 AM

Buckeye fans are loyal and do not sell their gear. Most Buckeye fans did not go to OSU, the state has only one BCS team, and 80% of them support that team- the majority of the rest support that good catholic school in Indiana. They are very accustomed to beating up Big 10 teams and getting praise heaped upon them. This losing to Clemson thing and having to actually EARN respect is difficult for them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it since an Ohioan quitting OSU would mean

Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 AM

You could only then root for a group of 5 or a FCS school. Ohio isn’t good enough to have 2 Power 5 schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's be honest.. South Carolina doesnt have 2 power 5 teams

Dec 27, 2020, 9:58 AM

either. Coastal made a good run at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Reality has nothing to do with bucknut fans.

Dec 27, 2020, 9:50 AM

They were good decades ago. That’s all that matters. Forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 27, 2020, 10:34 AM

Those in the Columbus are grow to hat Oh St. Th media is so ridiculous and over the top with their coverage and fawning over them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, picture the state of Alabama. My younger brother,

Dec 27, 2020, 10:55 AM

while living in Birmingham, showed me a local paper when we went for a visit once during football season.

FIFTEEN PAGES EACH on the Alabama game that week, and the Auburn game that week. He said when they play each other, a whole special edition of the paper is put out, with nothing but articles about that game.

Dec 27, 2020, 10:45 AM

Southern Ohio is a nice place to live, low cost of living, good schools, solid community. As far as the fans go, my experience has been that they are passionate and loyal. Contrary to popular opinion, there is quite a diverse set of fans here (Ohio State, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Tennessee...). Of course lots of Bengals and Browns fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic