Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Realistically I think we are going to lose some games this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

Realistically I think we are going to lose some games this year

Sep 13, 2015, 9:41 PM

I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but seriously...
Have you watched OSU, MSU, TCU and Oregon. I don't think we could beat any of those teams.
We have a lot of problems that someone is going to expose.
No real depth on deffense- we are 1 more injury at LB from being in a really bad spot.
Our Kicker is not good. He had three tries to make his first kick- and it took all three... At home.
Our kick off coverage is awful.. Awful..
Schusller stinks...
Norton is so inconstant with his snaps, I can't figure out why he's still starting- Guellermo is better, sorry but he is.
We are missing Mike Williams- Peake is good but he's not Williams, and is single handedly responsible for Watson's pick. Williams would've laid out for it, Peake will not.
Our offense is either saving some plays, or seriously only has 10 pages in the playbook.

My guess on the losses are 2 of these 3 games: GT, ND, or FSU.
I says this because outside of a bowl, we haven't beat a top 25 team in a long long time- UGA in 2013 if you weren't sure, and you'd have to go back to 2011 to find another regular season top 25 win.
We have problems, we are not too deep, and we cannot go the season undefeated. Sorry, just telling it like I see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Realistically I think we are going to lose some games this year

Sep 13, 2015, 9:42 PM

Tell um' Coot!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell em coot!

Sep 13, 2015, 9:45 PM

Knew that was coming.

Anything but " We're winning a National Championship Every year " and it's tell em coot!!!

Re: Tell em coot!

Sep 13, 2015, 9:46 PM

Ok, don't tell em coot

I agree we aren't NC material Now but neither was 1981 Team at same time..

Sep 13, 2015, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Tell em coot! ]

Especially if you were at UKy game in '81 & we were behind at half time..and the tight win vs Tulane...

But Boys kept plugging while all other teams lost. Hold on, for anything can happen!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree we aren't NC material Now but neither was 1981 Team at same time..

Sep 14, 2015, 7:34 AM

Thanks for sharing this. Have always meant to talk to my dad about what the realistic perception of the team was as they made their run in '81.

Re: I agree we aren't NC material Now but neither was 1981 Team at same time..

Sep 14, 2015, 7:57 AM

beat UNCheat 10-8 that year too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BAD AXX D !!!***

Sep 14, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree we aren't NC material Now but neither was 1981 Team at same time.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell em coot!

Sep 14, 2015, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Tell em coot! ]

Then why post here? After 2 30+ pt victories, you come to a Clemson football forum and exaggerate what you perceive as the negatives for this team and extrapolate that to losses throughout the season and even worse, why Clemson will never win a MNC again. Then, you seem to get all offended when people suggest you are a coot.

With a post like that, what do you expect? A page full of sympathetic replies and a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup? I understand that you're a miserable pessimistic individual, but you need to seek comfort and sympathy elsewhere. Don't expect positive responses when you post uninformed, slanted opinions like that. And for God's sake, take your thin skin elsewhere to seek sympathy.

Have your vision tested

Sep 13, 2015, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Realistically I think we are going to lose some games this year ]

I saw what you saw Saturday, and nothing said we lose any particular game later on. At least 2 out of 3, maybe this 1 or that 1. If we can win one of the 3 we can win 2 of the 3, and if we win 2 of the three, (maybe this 1 and that 1) maybe we just win all 3. Speculation is based on vision. If Clemson had come down to the last play of the game to win the last two games, I'd be thinking I know what's coming, but when you are just having 2 preseason practices, we just don't really know anything.
You cant loose or win a game until you play, and we haven't played GT or FSU or Notre Dame, but I'm excited about the potential.

2016 is probably the more likey year.

Sep 13, 2015, 9:43 PM

Nm

No

Sep 13, 2015, 9:44 PM

Don't do that. Unless you have many cootish qualities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one thought OSU was winning anything about this time

last year

Clemson

Re: No one thought OSU was winning anything about this time

Sep 14, 2015, 7:46 AM

OSU had and has much more depth than we do at all positions. Doesn't mean we can't win, but losing the players we have lost this early is not good. The game at Louisville will be very telling. Vegas put the line at pick em. Early money is on Clemson. Vegas is usually right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also had AU-burn as a 35 point favorite... ???***

Sep 14, 2015, 8:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're 2-0, enjoy it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're 2-0, enjoy it!

Sep 13, 2015, 9:48 PM

Y does everybody have to be so negative this is a young team that's played 2 ball games enjoy the season and watch it unfold

Re: We're 2-0, enjoy it!

Sep 13, 2015, 9:51 PM [ in reply to We're 2-0, enjoy it! ]

I am...
But, I've been reading the same crap every year for nearly a decade, and it's delusional people talking National Championship all the time. It's goofy. It will probably never happen for us again. I want it to so bad, but realistically do you really believe that it could?
So much luck to go along with skill and coaching, and Pollster bias. I just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong..

If u truly believe we will never win

Sep 13, 2015, 10:14 PM

another championship again then why would you be so adamant about pointing out everything that is wrong with our team ?

Aren't these the issues hat losers portray ?

Just pat yourself on the back for your vast knowledge and be happy. Let the rest of us drown in the quagmire of our delusion and shattered dreams.

You will be much happier and will spend less time typing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If u truly believe we will never win

Sep 13, 2015, 11:28 PM

What are you smokin guy?

132 teams in D1.

25 of them are as good or better than us on any given day.
The math isn't there.
I never said it couldn't happen, just that it probably won't.
That's probability. That's it.
Not only do you have to be good, really really good, but you have to be lucky.
We haven't been lucky, or really all that good for most of my life, definitely trending upwards but realistically you have to admit that it's a lot different now than it was in 1981.

I don't think we could be undefeated and in the top 4. They tried like heck not to let FSU in last year and they were.
ESPN bias alone can keep voters from believing in an ACC team.
FSU didn't help the cause getting blown off the field in their game.

You're right. I see the following losses. Georgia, LSU, Tenn, Mizz, T a&am, and Clemson. Fla is a toss up. UCF, Vandy, and Citadel are probably wins though. FGF is that way>

Nah

Sep 13, 2015, 9:51 PM

cocklovers lose to vandy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 13, 2015, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Realistically I think we are going to lose some games this year ]

I dont know, if Citadel gets their run game going.............

It is too early in the year to know. I think at the moment, we look every bit as good as Ohio State. TCU has run the score up on flunkies, which proves nothing. To me, the best looking team in the nation at this point in the season is Michigan State. They have a brutal O Line and relentlessly pound the ground game. I think we can play with anyone this year.

Hey Reynolds357

Sep 13, 2015, 11:13 PM

You're awful brave on the Internet.
Just like every other loser, likes to talk crap and make stuff personal when I'm trying to state an opinion on a message board.
If you don't like what I'm saying don't read it.
You don't have to make it personal.

Psychopathic coot

Sep 14, 2015, 10:01 AM

is psychopathic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Hey Reynolds357

Sep 14, 2015, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Hey Reynolds357 ]

You can say that you are not a coot if you want to , but the pulse doesn't lie.....

Says don't make it personal, then calls him an idiot

Sep 14, 2015, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Hey Reynolds357 ]

hmmm

You're partially right coot...

Sep 13, 2015, 9:50 PM

About our vanilla play calling/play book

Did you expect "us" to show our full hand against Wofford and Appy State?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Appy State?

Sep 13, 2015, 10:41 PM

It's actually shorter (and much less ghey) if you call them App State.

The more you know...

Realistically we could go undefeated or 11-1.

Sep 13, 2015, 9:52 PM

Our first team defense is salty.

Our QB is great.

We too deep at WR.

Just to be realistic.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sep 13, 2015, 9:53 PM

This is legitimately the most coot-ish post I've seen on here in quite some time. I feel bad for you people. Go Wildcats

OK! YOU JACKHOLES WIN... Undefeated! Every game every year!!

Sep 13, 2015, 10:01 PM

We are Gods and no one is on our level in any aspect.
We don't need a kicker, we will never have to use one.
We don't need LB's, our starters can play every down every game.
We don't need Kick off coverage to be good, because if they return one- we'll just score again.

Going all the way baby! Nobody can touch us!!!
National Champs!!! From here on!!!!

Re: OK! YOU JACKHOLES WIN... Undefeated! Every game every year!!

Sep 13, 2015, 10:05 PM

Might want to check inside that diaper son. Don't fret though - potty training is surely in your near future!

Sep 13, 2015, 10:16 PM [ in reply to OK! YOU JACKHOLES WIN... Undefeated! Every game every year!! ]

We have thoroughly blown out our two opponents.
What more can you ask for?
If we lose a game (which we will not in regular season) then start your bitchin.

Sep 14, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to OK! YOU JACKHOLES WIN... Undefeated! Every game every year!! ]

Haha!!! Look you are right we have a few question marks on our squad but every single team out there does.
Special teams will be fine. Kicker will be fine. Give the kid a break. It was his first field goal attempt. He made a 47yder at the end of the game. With so much youth it will take time but there is a lot of talent on this team. I agree about Guillermo I think it is a matter of time. Norton can back up and get reps in at guard. And LB depth is a definite issue. But Jalen will come around and Joseph just isn't fully recovered from his knee surgery yet. Everyone just breathe. Things will play out. And hopefully in our favor. Go Tigers!!!

Wow.. Just Wow***

Sep 13, 2015, 9:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kicker will be back after Louisville, but it would not shock

Sep 13, 2015, 9:56 PM

me if we lost Thursday in part due to the kicking game in general. I don't for the life of me know why we can't get someone to kick it out of the end zone, especially since the rule change a few years ago.

I think Ray Ray is going to break one for a TD before the year is over

Re: Kicker will be back after Louisville, but it would not shock

Sep 13, 2015, 11:21 PM

Holy crap coot!! How dare you say we could lose to Lousiville.
They are inferior.
App St is better. Freaking go tell it in a mountain you coot!!!
Coot!! Coot!!! Coot!!!

Point party for saying coot!!!!
Coot!

It's fitting your pulse is 63% Orangenate***

Sep 13, 2015, 9:56 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I don't know how old you but I have been around along

Sep 13, 2015, 9:58 PM

time and that is a lot depth.

Re: I don't know how old you but I have been around along

Sep 13, 2015, 10:03 PM

JD and Judah Davis is depth.
Sure buddy! You might have been around since Moses, but that ain't LB depth.

WOW - Just WOW!

Sep 13, 2015, 10:00 PM

I have no idea who you claim to support sir, but in all my years of reading this board your comments here rank way up high on the stupidity ledger. If you're actually serious, don't bother to embarrass yourself on here again.

Certainly the jury is still out on the 2015 Tigers, but they've done everything one could possibly expect so far. Is there room for improvement and do they face challenges (injuries, inexperience, etc.) ahead. Absolutely. But EVERY team in college football faces the same. Again, if you weren't speaking tongue in cheek, then you might want to consider finding another pastime. You obviously know very little about college football.

Re: WOW - Just WOW!

Sep 14, 2015, 12:32 AM

What was I wrong about?

Don't know anything about college football?

Ok buddy, tell me what I need to learn about?
The crap snaps that Norton's putting up high or on on the ground?
The fact we gave up an average of 40 yards per kick return?
The lack of LB depth? Did Venables not just mention that recently?
Oh, no it must of been the factual information about the kicker we are playing with right now. He did in FACT take 3 tries to get it thru the uprights... At home.
And, had a miss from under 40 later in the game.
Oh, it must have been the FACT that we are 2-5 against top 25 period! The last 2 years, including bowls, and 1-5 against top 25 not including bowls.
So please almighty knowledgeable genius of football please school me, but keep in mind I'm going to remind you of your intelligence the second that any of my concerns that I stated cost us a game.

I'm not wishing bad on us, I'm just saying it's not National Title material with the adversity that we have at this time.
We don't lose Wiggins, Williams, Rogers, Battle, Lakip and Reader this summer I might not have mentioned my concerns.
You are not the Tigernet police so how about you don't tell me when where or what I can post on an open board. #### you fella

Sep 14, 2015, 12:13 PM

Chill Dude!!!!!

Sep 14, 2015, 12:16 PM

You do have some valid concerns .I think it is the overall negative tone you take and only accentuate some negative aspects while not acknowledging all the great things this team has going for it... and yes we are tiger fans so enjoy the wins and don't worry about a loss until we have one.There is nothing I can do on this board to help or hinder so I am just going to enjoy>

Why do bowl wins not count, again?***

Sep 13, 2015, 10:05 PM

Clemson

Re: Why do bowl wins not count, again?***

Sep 13, 2015, 11:05 PM

Not saying they don't count moron...
I'm excluding bowl games since you have a month to get ready for them.
My senerio was talking regular season games that we could and will possibly lose- I excluded bowl game victories and or losses.

Are we Playing GT, ND, or FSU in the bowl? Do we have a month to get ready for any of them...?
Make sense now?

Ahhhh - name calling. Nice.***

Sep 14, 2015, 9:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I think your wrong no way we lose two home games.

Sep 13, 2015, 10:08 PM

Sep 13, 2015, 10:19 PM

After two games, it's just WAY too early to make any conclusions. Too many things can change, and you'd best believe that they will. Any team is beatable, especially the ones on our schedule this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Yosef ? Is that you ?

Sep 13, 2015, 10:39 PM

;) Jk.

Sep 13, 2015, 10:51 PM

Sad, negative world you live in. I choose to stay positive. Good luck with that great outlook.

LOL...you're high.

Sep 13, 2015, 11:23 PM

OSU is the only one of that bunch that presents a real problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...you're high.

Sep 13, 2015, 11:33 PM

You're ghey, and drunk, and a unicorn fornicator.

MSU is legit. If you don't think so, you need to put down the Caitlyn Jenner dirty mag and watch a football game.

TCU will be a tough out for anyone, and I didn't even mention Baylor.
Baylor might be better.

MSU is alway legit

Sep 13, 2015, 11:38 PM

until they actually play somebody worth a good GD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MSU is alway legit

Sep 13, 2015, 11:59 PM

You are a fool.
MSU has lost 3 games total the last 2 seasons, it was ND, Oregon, & OSU 1 each year

Don't say schedule.
They played 4 ranked teams, 2 top 5 in 2013
They played 4 ranked teams, 2 top 5 in 2014
OSU was not one of the the top 5 last year, so really considering they finished #1 you could say they played 3 top 5 teams, but I guess they suck anyway- like you said.
Considering we haven't beaten but 2 top 25 teams in the same time span... Counting bowls..

Sep 14, 2015, 12:00 AM

We are 2-5 in games against ranked last 2 seasons.

Sep 14, 2015, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: MSU is alway legit ]

You're a fudgepacker.

I win, you lose.

Sep 14, 2015, 12:14 AM

You are a ghey unicorn fornicator who kisses the Bruce Jenner Vanity Fair cover every night before bed... Where you lay alone forever since no woman would have your disgusting putrid mishapen satchel anywhere near her region.

You obviously want to call names and be immature, but I will always be so much better at that..
I invented that! And Legos bi@ch

Sep 14, 2015, 12:29 AM

You live in Seneca.

I win, you lose.

Sep 14, 2015, 12:32 AM

Ah.. I live in seneca
Want to get together for some Legos?

Sep 14, 2015, 12:40 AM

Or we could tag team OhWiseOnes ugly Ol lady.
She got some neck action you gotta experience bro.

Sep 14, 2015, 2:08 AM

What the actual heck did I open up in this thread? We got some folks talking about how DeShawn Watson will barely throw the ball 7 yards next, wanting to make out with a chicken neck and how we have not beaten a ranked team in 47 years? Crap, I might as well go be a Midland Tech Fighting chicken fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now Being rational AND objective

Sep 14, 2015, 2:17 AM

And not trying to go out of my way to raise the ire of, I dunno, Everyone, I would put it like this. We have some holes still that need improvement. Some coaching up to be done. Coach V and others WILL coach em up. There are some games out there that will be tough. Thursday night in Louisville is never easy. ND is still built to win. FSU, will be a tough out. Miami is a wildcard. NC State might be another wildcard in the end. Coots might have George Rogers, Sterling Sharp, The Ol Ball Sack and DooDoo all suit up for the last ride. We could play Michael State, Ohio State, Alabama and possibly any of them on that Moon Bowl I keep hearing about and lose any of those games. Yup. We could. All very good teams who can beat other very good teams. I think most of us even would say that this team us built for a big run next year. A very good year this year I hope, but I truly believe like Ohio St was really built to peak this year, 2016 could be the year of the Tiger. But in the end, Im going in to every game feeling like we have a darn good shot, and either way, I am all in. Go Tigers.

Sep 14, 2015, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Re: MSU is alway legit ]

Dude what are you like 5 years old? Grow the #### up and quit bitching. You make some valid points but so do the other guys you call idiots or fools who don't agree with you. If you are so pissed off with the state of our team then fire your old sorry as coach and hire a young guy with some energy like we did. Worthless coot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait. you didn't use your real name -

Sep 13, 2015, 11:24 PM

garnetcrapfeathers.

Chickens !!! Cluck, Cluck, Cluck ... Peck, Peck, Peck ....

Sep 14, 2015, 12:26 AM

excrete poop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chickens !!! Cluck, Cluck, Cluck ... Peck, Peck, Peck ....

Sep 14, 2015, 12:37 AM

I swear,
Verbatim the exact actions your Ol' lady did to me last night.
The excrete poop thing was weird but I kinda liked it.
That neck action was sweet though.

Re: Chickens !!! Cluck, Cluck, Cluck ... Peck, Peck, Peck ....

Sep 14, 2015, 3:12 AM

lol....orangenate gets outed for the coot he is and he starts getting personal. Take your schtick back to the fantasy coot forum where 4-8 is what you will have to talk about. Wow....4-8, yall suck. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is one of the biggest debbie downers on tnet***

Sep 14, 2015, 12:28 AM

Sep 14, 2015, 7:14 AM

What a whiny, pissy little man the OP is. Dude, get some help...stay away from the mirror until your shrink helps boost your self-worth, which is non-existent at the moment.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Another "realistic" fan "just telling it like it is."

Sep 14, 2015, 7:28 AM

What would the rest of us do without honest people setting the record straight for us? I guess we would continue living in fantasy land, totally oblivious to the cruel reality around us.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Perhpas we have some bugs that need to be worked out.

Sep 14, 2015, 7:34 AM

As was pointed out to me when I said overall we looked pretty good, our kicking game is lacking. I'm not so concerned with the FG kicking but we need a little more distance on our punts and kickoffs.

I remember folks thinking the same thing last year when we started the season. We knew our defense was going to be pretty good but no one had confidence in our offense with Cole on the field. No one though we had the #1 defense last season except maybe our coaches and players.

Last year we lost three games and probably would have won two of them had Watson not broken his finger and damaged his knee or Cole hadn't torn his shoulder up.

We didn't have a running game at the start of the season, remember? We didn't have much of a running game until the end of last year but now we have a continuation of that game with better linemen.

You bring last year into the conversation but you only see what we didn't do last year. You fail to appreciate what we have now that we lacked then. You add all the minuses and leave off all the pluses and of course your answer is negative.

Do you even fifth grade math, bro?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Realistically I think you're drunk

Sep 14, 2015, 7:43 AM

NM

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Seriously this is what I think, NOT that anyone cares.

Sep 14, 2015, 8:14 AM

Looking at the remaining schedule. I can see a few teams that may challenge the Clemson Tigers. However, ND has lost their starting QB. That really showed when Virginia almost beat them. They do not stand a chance at beating Clemson in Death Valley now. Boston College will be a glorified practice game so no worries there. Miami could be a trap game if we overlook them, but not going to happen with Dabo Swinney in charge. He would treat Matilda Baptist Church like Alabama.

Then you have GT on the schedule which is by far our most challenging opponent at this time. They are really good this year, but Wofford gave us some practice at the Triple Threat Option and Chop Blocks. FSU has Golsen, nuff said. He "almost" lead the nation in interceptions last season at ND. They have Dalvin Cook, but Clemson is phenomenal at stuffing the run. If we beat GT, then expect a rematch with them in the ACC Title game. By then, our team would have matured, and injuries should be healed up rather well provided that the team stays healthy throughout the regular season.

All that you have mentioned in the original post is true. Punt and Kickoff Coverage needs some work. Watson in the Shotgun in short yardage situations can be bad as well. There were a couple of blunders on Saturday to make mention of, but that can be expected from a young team. The good news is that Watson came back out and fixed it, and Guillermo took snaps at Center for a big chunk of the game as Norton was hurt. When you're in pain you tend to snap the ball a little off here and there, but give Norton credit. That man is one tough cookie to be playing two years straight with knee issues. I have a feeling that he may hang up his cleats after this season.

Now that we've addressed the issues that Clemson's coaching staff gets paid to fix. Allow us to take notice of what we've seen out of Clemson thus far.

Offense: They obviously played very vanilla. You don't want to give future opponents too much film to study. Even with playing basic pitch and catch Clemson still managed high scoring games against decent opponents. Those opponents that have beaten some notable teams in recent years. Our run game is solid for the most part. We fans have nothing to worry about in matters of a ground attack. We don't need a run game where all of our RB break one off and take it to the house. We merely need a run game that gets 4 to 5 yards per carry. That will keep a defense honest and allow for deep passed to Peake, and Scott. Let's not forget that we barely opened the play book against these two teams. We didn't even use our TE during Wofford and barely used them during the APP St. game. I doubt we even used 2 pages of the play book yet. If you watch the first two games you will see that we basically ran 4 plays over and over again using different formations and personnel. Our offense has yet to get started. When you put up over 90 points in two games that is saying something. Not to mention, Clemson has scored on at least 85% of each possession. That is with using Schuessler and Kelly Bryant for a good portion of each game. Again, nothing to be worried about.

Defense: Regardless of who you're playing, a defense can expect to be scored against. Heck, Wofford and App State were praying for a 1st Down let alone a touchdown. I would venture to say that this team of defensive players will be better than the 2014 season. I just don't think we have any drop off on defense. When you go an entire half and the opponent hasn't even gotten a 1st down then that is saying something. The only reason why the two opponents did score or get a 1st down was due to the fact of Venables substituting 1st team players for 2nd, and 3rd team players. Our 1st team held both opponents to ZERO 1st downs. If you will notice, the Defense didn't do anything razzle dazzle with their play calling either. This is a scary team in disguise. Don't be fooled by what you watched the past two games.

Special Teams: So what, our guy can't kick field goals. That's alright as long as they can convert extra points. Which so far has been at 100%. With a healthy Watson and the depth we have on offense, I don't foresee us needing a Field Goal to win games. On Kick Off, our coverage has been all new players and 2nd team guys. Any moron in the world knows that you do not use your 1st team guys against on kick off during a game against an obvious lesser opponent. Kick off coverage and returns is where you have most of your injuries. Notice that Ben Boulware wasn't out there on most of them, and you didn't see Mackensie Alexander either. You seen new guys, and red shirt freshmen. This is standard Swinney style. Again, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 14, 2015, 7:59 AM

Just need to focus on one game at a time and Dabo understands that, and I think we will get a little better every week. First team on both sides of the ball are pretty darn good.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

I agree mostly

Sep 14, 2015, 8:17 AM

I think we have a good team but I'm not seeing top 4 either. I'm not sure how many we lose but I think we will lose one.

We do have some issues. Our O has too many inconsistencies too IMO .

Which is why realism is overrated

Sep 14, 2015, 8:41 AM

Have you watched OSU, MSU, TCU and Oregon. I don't think we could beat any of those teams.
We have a lot of problems that someone is going to expose.
If our first loss comes at the hands of one of those teams, I'm OK with it. But we won't see any of them until Dec. 31

No real depth on defense- we are 1 more injury at LB from being in a really bad spot.
Our Kicker is not good. He had three tries to make his first kick- and it took all three... At home.
Fixed your spelling for you. Depth is a potential issue, there's no question. If it becomes an issue, we'll just have to start outscoring folks again. And our kicking game is due for a major upgrade after Thursday.

Our kick off coverage is awful.. Awful.. Schusller stinks...
There's an inherent assumption that we'll need a backup qb. I don't share that assumption, and I believe if it comes to that, No. 2 will be No. 2.

Norton is so inconstant with his snaps, I can't figure out why he's still starting- Guellermo is better, sorry but he is. So, our backup center is better than our starter? You mean our depth is good? What's the problem?

We are missing Mike Williams- Peake is good but he's not Williams, and is single handedly responsible for Watson's pick. Williams would've laid out for it, Peake will not. Brave words about a guy who has been injured in games before. The person who questions Peake's heart after what he's been through at Clemson has no clear vision of this team.

Our offense is either saving some plays, or seriously only has 10 pages in the playbook.
Hmmm: I wonder which it is? When you have the luxury of two "should win" games at the front of the season, would you spend them showing off or working on things that need reps? GTech mauls its foes because they have great athletes and a limited playbook. Clemson has young guys that need reps.

My guess on the losses are 2 of these 3 games: GT, ND, or FSU. Your guess is just as good as anyone's. Barring injury, I think we can win all 3.

I says this because outside of a bowl, we haven't beat a top 25 team in a long long time- UGA in 2013 if you weren't sure, and you'd have to go back to 2011 to find another regular season top 25 win. I'm not sure why bowl games don't count, but I'll defer there if you'll defer here ... if we weren't still stuck in that CS-DW rotation in Tally last year, either TCU or Baylor would have been part of the college playoff ... 'cause FSU wouldn't have been unbeaten.

We have problems, we are not too deep, and we cannot go the season undefeated. Sorry, just telling it like I see it. No need to apologize for what is an entirely plausible scenario ... but why live life like that. "I knew I wouldn't win the lottery ... I knew that girl wouldn't go out with me.... I knew I wouldn't get that promotion.... d@mn what a sad, sorry way to go through life.

Personally, I expect Clemson to win. I expect things to work out, and I expect my dog to love me. Sometimes I'm disappointed, but not often. The Tigers may lose, or they may keep winning. It just matters which you'd rather spend your life anticipating.

Anticipate greatness.
Anticipate Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can always count on the Rev to lift my spirits! Amen.

Sep 14, 2015, 7:56 PM

and TU for your post!

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Sirius Kweshun

Sep 14, 2015, 9:00 AM

Was OBS really that drunk or is Brandon Wilds confused?

It matters

Dood...you must be the life of the party***

Sep 14, 2015, 9:46 AM

Boo!

Sep 14, 2015, 7:47 PM

Hiss!

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive