Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I posted this on an FSU board.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I posted this on an FSU board.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:08 PM

Understandably, a lot of Nole fans are placing all the blame squarely on the shoulders of Clemson and Dabo sepcifically. "Why did they let a guy practice with symptoms and then get on a plane and fly with the team? Why didn't they quarantine him as soon as he developed symptoms. It's their fault. They didn't follow ACC protocols and now they are blaming FSU."

I responded:

It seems to me that both schools followed ACC protocols.

The player was showing symptoms consistent with COVID. But, he had been tested twice since showing those symptoms and both tests came back negative. (It could have been a cold or some other disease. Could have been a slight fever caused by something totally unrelated to COVID.)

The team boarded the plane and everyone was wearing an N-95 mask and a face shield. No beverages or snacks were served on the plane.

All of this is in compliance with protocols. When Clemson got the test results back last night, in Tallahassee, they immediately isolated the player and notified FSU.

All of this was in accordance with ACC protocols.

FSU medical staff, whoever they are, and Clemson medical staff, whoever they are, started discussing the issue last night.

ACC protocols say that either team can decide not to play if they deem it is not in the best medical interest of the players and staff for that team. There is no "tie breaking vote" if one team wants to play and the other team doesn't. FSU medical staff decided not to play.

All of this was in accordance with ACC protocols.

Me? I believe the medical staff notified the President who in turn talked to his lawyer. I believe they also talked to the AD to inform him that the game would not be played. I think the decision was not made at the medical staff or AD level. I think they both had input, but the decision was made by the President. I can't prove it, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

We can argue about the wisdom of Clemson allowing the guy to travel. We can argue about the wisdom of FSU refusing to play. But, I do believe that everyone followed ACC protocols.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I posted this on an FSU board.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:14 PM

We’re talking about the same guy that sat the best player in the country for the biggest regular season game we’ve had in years. It’s allergy season. He tested negative multiple times you can’t have a player sneeze and immediately put them in quarantine. Odds are it’s a false positive instead of multiple false negatives but hell that’s just rational. Game was cancelled because of FSU and that’s confirmed by the ACC. People can say whatever they want but it’s squarely on FSU for saying no and not trying to accommodate any change to keep the game going and frankly I can only assume FSU never even wanted to take the field in the first place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 4:33 PM

Next year El DeGuello!!!!

Nov 22, 2020, 4:38 PM

With the symptoms lingering for a few days CU should not have included that individual on the travel roster. Let's hope it has not widely spread w/i Tiger team or staff through the practices last week and the wasted trip to FSU.
Most of the Pitt hold-outs yesterday vs VT were Covid-19 suspected/confirmed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 7:59 PM

Do you trust the tests? Obviously not, unless it’s positive of course. Guy had a negative test on Thursday.

you're right and what we see mostly is a bunch of ignorant

Nov 22, 2020, 4:45 PM

people looking for a witch to burn! Nobody on these boards know 1/5 (that's one fifth, 20%, look it up) of the facts, yet they second guess every decision. The world needs to grow out of witch hunt crap and grow up (fat chance)!

If Dabo had left that player behind and it somehow became important to the game we'd be hearing "why did they leave him back, he only had a sniffle!"

And who said Dabo sat TL out for the ND game on his own decision? Maybe look that up, it was conference protocol. My God people, think for a second and then just shut up!

just sayin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: you're right and what we see mostly is a bunch of ignorant

Nov 22, 2020, 6:50 PM

You trust the test or not and no games would be played if there were zero positives. I think it’s time someone takes his on advise and shut up!

Re: you're right and what we see mostly is a bunch of ignorant

Nov 22, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to you're right and what we see mostly is a bunch of ignorant ]

Yes, it was “conference protocol” that kept TL off the field. We followed all the protocols. We followed all the protocols this week. FSU, on their own, decided to supersede the protocols and forfeit. FSU is the program not following the protocols set in place at the beginning of the season.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:52 PM

With the symptoms lingering for a few days CU should not have included that individual on the travel roster. Let's hope it has not widely spread w/i Tiger team or staff through the practices last week and the wasted trip to FSU.
Most of the Pitt hold-outs yesterday vs VT were Covid-19 suspected/confirmed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 6:54 PM

What is the point of protocols if you're not going to follow them... he tested negative, twice. The Friday test may have been a false positive as well, we don't know... he won't get tested again until he's symptom free and some number of days. As stated somewhere in this chain, as far as anyone knows there has not been a single on field transmission from one player to another in the entire NCAA...

Nov 22, 2020, 5:19 PM

I agree. However, all this publicity will give 3 other schools an out to not play us and take away our chance to play in ACC Championship.

Please explain how in your scenario....

Nov 22, 2020, 5:41 PM

Clemson would not play in the ACCG.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read David Hood's article...

Nov 22, 2020, 5:58 PM

he explains it thoroughly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 6:50 PM

That the same team that played the day after their HC tested positive right?

Nov 22, 2020, 8:16 PM

JPF16® said:

That the same team that played the day after their HC tested positive right?

Ask the FSU fans to explain that one!

FSU is a bunch of p*****s, end of story.***

Nov 22, 2020, 4:47 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic