Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do you think Clemson athletics have surpassed UofSC so much in all facets of sports?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Why do you think Clemson athletics have surpassed UofSC so much in all facets of sports?

Feb 12, 2019, 12:21 PM

I mean we are beating them in EVERYTHING these days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigerclaw1819= reggaeman

Feb 12, 2019, 12:23 PM

No question about it, it's caused by the...................

Feb 12, 2019, 12:30 PM

CHICKEN CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: No question about it, it's caused by the...................

Feb 12, 2019, 12:34 PM

Thanks Clemson80Tiger with your very informed input, as usual.

Hmm.. If you graduated in 80 as your handle says, you would be around 60 years old... could I ask you, did Clemson dominate in all facets back then as well, or was there more of an equilibrium in the rivalry? Thanks.

I guess you don't know a humorous response when.........

Feb 12, 2019, 12:48 PM

you see one.

You're the last person who needs to tell me the real reasons how/why we're a better sports program than they've ever known. Stop your preaching.

As you mentioned, I'm over 60 years old - have personally seen since the mid-60s firsthand the reasons for our dominance.

Re: Why do you think Clemson athletics have surpassed UofSC so much in all facets of sports?

Feb 12, 2019, 12:32 PM

Besides the curse, and the fact that they’ve just never really had any history in their program...

The one shot they had at putting the past behind them after baseball, basketball and football success...they hired Ray Tanner as their AD. That’s the one thing if I had to call it out.

Ray Tanner was an awful choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you think Clemson athletics have surpassed UofSC so much in all facets of sports?

Feb 12, 2019, 12:46 PM

Got ask again Claw, why is your pulse only 49% ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 1:03 PM

2000, I got caught up in some murky waters on a few controversial subjects recently, and my pulse suffered. However, I’m a good Christian guy, married, and pull for the Tigers.

Feb 12, 2019, 1:05 PM

I'm a Christian, I pull for the Clemson Tigers but I'm not married anymore. Besides, being divorced, where does that put me?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do you think Clemson athletics have surpassed UofSC so much in all facets of sports? ]

I agree the euphoria of Tanners baseball success prompted them to reward him. Athletic success in Columbia is so rare that when it happens they go overboard. I dislike them as much as anyone, I do think if administration, hiring, management of the program was better they could be successful.

Here’s to the status quo. Continue on checkens, GO TIGERS.

Clemson has absolutely owned u of 5c...

Feb 12, 2019, 1:04 PM

both athletically and academically since Clemson was founded.

This is a historical domination. It's not something new that just suddenly began happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

surpassed in all but Women's Equestrian....LOL

Feb 12, 2019, 1:21 PM

how many times do you see them list it as a NC.. btw its a CLUB sport,so not sure it really counts,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 1:49 PM

CULTURE

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamecock leadership has sucked all my life.

Feb 12, 2019, 3:07 PM

A long history of poor leadership at every level has doomed the state of SC to mediocrity in almost every measurable phase of life for a century+. The poor state leadership has dogged the University of SC at every level inside the school.

Clemson has had better leadership within our university at every level. The better leadership has helped Clemson become the significantly better school academically and the more successful in 2 of the 3 major sports. Oddly while SC won a couple of Nattys in baseball, our Tigers own the head to head record. Clemson trails SC in wins only in basketball.

USNWR ranks Clemson 24th among public colleges and universities in America. SC is 46th.

In Football since 1950, Clemson has won 502 football games. SC has won 394. (Clemson with 3 Nattys)

In Baseball, all time Clemson has won 2795 baseball games. SC has won 2569. (SC with 2 Nattys)

All time, through the 2017 season South Carolina won 1393 basketball games. Clemson won 1284.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just means more.

Feb 12, 2019, 2:56 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 2:58 PM

Intelligence

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chickens come home to roost...

Feb 12, 2019, 4:27 PM

and always bring the chicken curse with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'd have to be behind some one to pass them***

Feb 12, 2019, 4:41 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you'd have to be behind some one to pass them***

Feb 12, 2019, 5:31 PM

Compare other large city univ to a true campus. Csrolina has a lot of things going for them just not in same catagories as Clemson. I live in cooterville it ain't the same as little ole Clemson. Ever so often my wife sezs I go up to recharge my batteries. There ain't much to recharge for in Cola

Re: you'd have to be behind some one to pass them***

Feb 12, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to you'd have to be behind some one to pass them*** ]

Compare other large city univ to a true campus. Csrolina has a lot of things going for them just not in same catagories as Clemson. I live in cooterville it ain't the same as little ole Clemson. Ever so often my wife sezs I go up to recharge my batteries. There ain't much to recharge for in Cola

something, something, chicken

Feb 12, 2019, 6:03 PM

Curse

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy creating interesting topic subtitles

Feb 12, 2019, 6:14 PM

To spark your intelligence, alas a 48% pulse, nonetheless, but try to keep things “bubbly” kind of like the sensation you get when your lips hit that first sip of beer.:) thank you

this is not really accurate

Feb 12, 2019, 6:21 PM

They've beaten us in volleyball, women's soccer, women's basketball, women's tennis, (very likely men's tennis on Friday) this athletic year.

But yeah yeah I know those sports don't matter to the people on here

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic