Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's ironic that Charlotte is being punished when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

It's ironic that Charlotte is being punished when

Sep 13, 2016, 4:02 PM

they were the ones who wanted to force all companies to let anyone go in whatever bathroom they claimed to identify with.

The state stepped in and said that companies had the right to decide on the issue, but that government bathrooms would involve a physical gender distinction.

We as a society have lost the ability to think critically and use reason. We are emotionally floating on an emo cloud.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

letting people go to the bathroom in the bathroom of the

Sep 13, 2016, 4:17 PM

gender they idenify is not "forcing" them to use those bathrooms.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read it again. Companies were forced to let anyone in

Sep 13, 2016, 4:20 PM

whatever bathroom they claimed to identify with. (According to the CHA ordinance.) The controversial state law gave companies the right to decide on their own what their bathroom policies were.

Nobody said anything about forcing individuals.

Re: It's ironic that Charlotte is being punished when

Sep 13, 2016, 4:26 PM

> We as a society have lost the ability to think critically and use reason.

I agree, we give issues like this way more attention than they deserve.

Do you mean the NCAA/NBA gives it too much attention?***

Sep 13, 2016, 4:31 PM

Yes/No/Maybe?***

Sep 13, 2016, 5:09 PM

Re: Yes/No/Maybe?***

Sep 13, 2016, 6:59 PM

Maybe

wow, the NCAA blackmails the ACC by using it's power

Sep 13, 2016, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: It's ironic that Charlotte is being punished when ]

over money,

and you say we shouldn't discuss it?

Cougar... you are simply shameless.

You'd make a great Hitler or Hussein....

Re: wow, the NCAA blackmails the ACC by using it's power

Sep 13, 2016, 6:59 PM

Lutz, says the nationalist who thinks it should be punishable by law to not salute the flag.

Are you even aware of how stupidly ironic you are?

Are you a NC Legislator?

Sep 13, 2016, 4:45 PM

That's the same hypocritical defense those clowns used against the Feds to defend their silly law while completely ignoring the fact that they were forcing cities to comply with their law.

They forced cities to allow companies to decide.

Sep 13, 2016, 5:08 PM

That's a fact.

Do you care to take issue with any specific thing I said? The source of the problem in this debate is that there is no critical thinking. People are flying off the handle without thinking carefully.

Whether it's political correctness or xenophobia... nobody on either side of any issue is thinking clearly. We are in an age of madness.

The state law protected individual companies' rights to set their own bathroom policies.

You want critical thinking..,

Sep 13, 2016, 5:42 PM

the NC law is an exercise in stupidity which accomplishes exactly the OPPOSITE of what most people believe. If people would take the time to read this example of foolishness as it is written(which I doubt the NC Legislature or Governor did) and not listen to right or left wing pundits, they would realize that this law is fatally flawed and will put MEN in the WOMEN'S restrooms. It states "the gender listed on one's birth certificate". Now that means that a BORN female who has a sex change to MALE is required by law to use the LADIES' room. This law could be changed overnight if the Transsexuals and Transgenders wanted to by sending a bunch of males born as females with their birth certificates to use the legal restrooms. And believe me, the other side knows it too. So why aren't they doing that or demanding a fix in the law? Because everybody involved, except the poor citizens of NC, is profiting from the publicity and contributions it brings it to their socio-political groups oppose or support it.

So then you are not going to specifically address my post?

Sep 13, 2016, 6:08 PM

Critical thinking involves comprehending what you are responding to, and then explaining your position as it relates to the position you are responding to.

You did exactly what I just got through complaining about. Instead of addressing specific points, most people just go off on vague, generalized, opinionated rants.

If you ever get around to addressing anything specific about my posts I will happily respond. But I'm not interested in trading vague, unfocused rants.

ACC punished Myrtle Beacc for flag....Karma***

Sep 13, 2016, 4:53 PM

Interesting Background Info

Sep 13, 2016, 5:09 PM

I had not seen this before.

McClatchy’s two financially distressed NC newspapers – N&O and Charlotte Observer – that knew (but would not reveal) that the primary promoter of Charlotte’s Illegal Rest Room Ordinance was a convicted pedophile.

Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts and her Seven Cronies who ramrodded the Illegal Rest Room Ordinance by the citizens of Charlotte WITHOUT A PUBLIC REFERENDUM knew about the convicted pedophile too.

These bits of info were posted in a blog Bob Lee Says based in the triangle. He rambles about other topics but scroll down to item 4.

http://bobleesays.com/2016/09/13/is-ncaas-decision-deplorable/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some facts about HB 2. Christians should be worried.

Sep 13, 2016, 5:17 PM

http://www.ncjustice.org/?q=18-questions-18-answers-real-facts-behind-house-bill-2

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Man, reading is hard

Sep 13, 2016, 6:19 PM

I'll just let someone tell me what's in it so I can get pissed off.

HB2 is not about bathrooms

Sep 13, 2016, 5:37 PM

This issue and the reason for companies pulling out of NC is not about who uses what bathroom. This is about equal rights just like MLK fought for African Americans in 1960's

From the NCAA:
"The board stressed that the dynamic in North Carolina is different from that of other states because of at least four specific factors:
- North Carolina laws invalidate any local law that treats sexual orientation as a protected class or has a purpose to prevent discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender individuals.
- North Carolina has the only statewide law that makes it unlawful to use a restroom different from the gender on one’s birth certificate, regardless of gender identity.
- North Carolina law provides legal protections for government officials to refuse services to the LGBT community.
- Five states plus numerous cities prohibit travel to North Carolina for public employees and representatives of public institutions, which could include student-athletes and campus athletics staff. These states are New York, Minnesota, Washington, Vermont and Connecticut."

Simply put - 2 dudes are legally allowed to get married on a Saturday, and then both of their employers are allowed to fire them on Monday. You can be fired for being GAY in NC. That's what HB2 allows.

Read the actual law - it's a Trojan Horse designed to make you think they are trying to Protect women and kids form viscous predators. when really it's about allowing businesses and employers to discriminate against anyone who they think is part of the LGBT community.

Here is an article detailing the deception at work - https://www.charlotteagenda.com/44497/a-lawyers-perspective-on-why-hb2-is-a-plague-infested-rat/

This your first time?

Sep 13, 2016, 5:43 PM

Or do you just need to use the bathroom?

Re: HB2 is not about bathrooms

Sep 13, 2016, 7:14 PM [ in reply to HB2 is not about bathrooms ]

> Simply put - 2 dudes are legally allowed to get
> married on a Saturday, and then both of their
> employers are allowed to fire them on Monday. You
> can be fired for being GAY in NC. That's what HB2
> allows.

LGBT employees are federally protected.

"EEOC interprets and enforces Title VII's prohibition of sex discrimination as forbidding any employment discrimination based on gender identity or sexual orientation. These protections apply regardless of any contrary state or local laws."

Even so, NC does forbid discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity for state employees. That's more than the 16 states that offer no protections for private or public employees. Only 20 states offer protections for both sexual orientation and gender identity for public and private employees. Is the NCAA going to remove events from those other 29 states too?

Re: HB2 is not about bathrooms

Sep 13, 2016, 7:30 PM [ in reply to HB2 is not about bathrooms ]

The right to sue I believe was passed by legislation to be reinstated, and went to McCrory to be signed (which he is thene who requested the revision)...so that right to fire issue should be addressed with the revision.

http://myfox8.com/2016/07/02/north-carolina-lawmakers-leave-bathroom-law-largely-intact/

July 2, 2016
Late Friday, the General Assembly passed a slightly tweaked version of House Bill 2, repealing only a workplace lawsuit provision, according state Rep. Chris Sgro, a Democrat who opposes the measure.

The law was modified to restore workers’ rights to use state law to sue over employment discrimination. It now goes to the desk of Gov. Pat McCrory, who had requested the change

You cannot chose your gender

Sep 13, 2016, 7:08 PM

Anymore than you can choose your race, your toenail thickness or your ability to go to 59 without correctional lenses. Some #### you are just born with. You are what you are. Whatever happened to being happy in your own skin crowd? Doesn't this send a blended message that it's not ok, maybe your skin is wrong, your sex is wrong, your whatever.....come on people wake up these people are messed up and they want you to be too!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you know how awful it would be for someone to think differently?***

Sep 13, 2016, 7:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't you know how awful it would be for someone to think differently?***

Sep 13, 2016, 7:12 PM

Oh deer gawd, it's getting thick in here.

does anybody know

Sep 13, 2016, 7:25 PM

if the NCAA allows student athletes to compete for the team of the gender they identify with (i.e. men who identify as women competing on women's team)? If not, aren't they being hypocrites.

solution. Just coach for the coots

Sep 13, 2016, 7:32 PM

And you can pee right in the street

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Yes

Sep 13, 2016, 8:07 PM

Being anti-intellectual is a bedrock of progressives.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic