Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last visit to Willie Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,674

Last visit to Willie Brice

Sep 15, 2019, 3:19 PM

was in 1983. I was between marriages and dating a nice young lady 11 years my junior. We got two tickets which were in the upper-upper deck, so high I think I got a glimpse of Lake Murray. Anyway, we (Clemson) were not supposed to win but we did. Post game scraps among the players and fans were abundant. Cops everywhere. As we were making our way down the ramp to exit WB, my yellow sweater was grabbed by a drunk coot fan (I'm assuming here) to the extent that I thought he was gonna tear it off my back. I finally freed myself from the culprit's grip but not before he slung a series of profanities my way. I should add at this point that the only thing I was wearing that gave away the fact that I was connected to Clemson was a smile on my face. Reminded me of my one trip to a Clemson/Gawga game.

BTW, it is not lost on me that revealing the fact that I dated someone so young is not germane to the story. Three years later I married a coot fan. I'm proud to say that my stepdaughter graduated from Clemson in 2000.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last visit to Willie Brice

Sep 15, 2019, 3:21 PM

Love wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 15, 2019, 3:23 PM

Pics please of the 11 year old you were dating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 3:24 PM

Sorry, I don't have any. Besides, I don't think she likes me anymore!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Last visit to Willie Brice ]

Hey, that’s someone’s daughter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 3:40 PM

That reminds me that as I was gassing up for the trip to Colatown that day, my date went into the store to get a snack. The clerk said something about her father out there pumping gas. Kinda hurt my feelings.

Sep 15, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Last visit to Willie Brice ]

She wasn't 11...she was 11 years younger. I was 33 at the time.

who wears a yellow sweater to the Clemson/Coot game?

Sep 15, 2019, 3:38 PM

asking for a friend

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Clemson was Favored by at least 7-10 Points against the

Sep 15, 2019, 3:42 PM

Shamecocks! It was “Smoking Joe Morrison’s” 1st year in Olympia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson was Favored by at least 7-10 Points against the

Sep 15, 2019, 3:46 PM

Well, I'm old and my memory sucks. Nevertheless, it sure didn't feel like we were favored where I was sitting.

Re: who wears a yellow sweater to the Clemson/Coot game?

Sep 15, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to who wears a yellow sweater to the Clemson/Coot game? ]

I was given tickets by a diehard coot fan so I KNEW the seats would be amongst a covey of coots. I was trying to be incognito.

Re: who wears a yellow sweater to the Clemson/Coot game?

Sep 15, 2019, 6:37 PM

good plan, but coots only fight each other :)

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 15, 2019, 4:01 PM

Neat story - riri ... Question - did your coot wife switch over to the good guys ? .... -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Kwestion

Sep 15, 2019, 4:06 PM

Did you and the 11 year old meet behind a dumpster?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,674
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic