Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 buckeyes out for VT game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,393

4 buckeyes out for VT game

Jul 30, 2015, 12:59 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13346013/ohio-state-buckeyes-suspend-joey-bosa-jalin-marshall-dontre-wilson-corey-smith?ex_cid=sportscenterFB&sf11514694=1

Austin Ward, ESPN Staff Writer

CHICAGO -- Ohio State will open its national title defense without two of its most valuable players, including All-American defensive end Joey Bosa.

Citing a violation of athletic department policy, the Buckeyes announced Thursday suspensions for Bosa, H-backs Jalin Marshall and Dontre Wilson and wide receiver Corey Smith, increasing the degree of difficulty when they visit Virginia Tech on Sept. 7.

Bosa is the reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and is projected as a potential No. 1 draft pick if he elects to skip his senior season, as is widely expected.

Marshall emerged as one of Ohio State's most versatile weapons on the way to the championship a year ago, piling up yardage as both a receiver and a rusher and helping expand Urban Meyer's spread offense.

Wilson and Smith combined for 41 catches for 555 yards.

Meyer has not publicly commented on the discipline, but he is expected to speak at Big Ten media days later Thursday. The Hokies were the only team to beat them last season.

Ohio State is No. 1 in the preseason coaches poll, which was released Thursday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Braxton move makes perfect sense now***

Jul 30, 2015, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I hadn't thought about it, but yes it does.***

Jul 30, 2015, 1:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

to WR?***

Jul 30, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Braxton move makes perfect sense now*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to WR?***

Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM

H-back.

And I still see the Buckeyes as heavy faves. Revenge games can get ugly. They won't be caught off guard this time....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT will have a good D but probably needs multi-TO game.***

Jul 30, 2015, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to WR?***

Jul 30, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: to WR?*** ]

Va Tech wins this one again

Re: 4 buckeyes out for VT game

Jul 30, 2015, 3:15 PM

Braxton's arm is shot. He knows it. Same injury that ultimately did in Willy Korn.

Might end up being a blessing, since he was never going to make it in the NFL as a QB. I could see him as a Cordell Stuart/Hines Ward type who lines up at about four different positions, which is probably how Meyer will feature him this year.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,393
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic