Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest joke from cootlumbia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Dec 1, 2020, 8:18 PM

Among other things, Bud Foster coming out of retirement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this would be a complete 360!!

Dec 1, 2020, 8:46 PM

and they'd be right back where they are now....losers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: this would be a complete 360!!

Dec 1, 2020, 9:25 PM

Keeping Bobo as OC is laughable. Look at what he has or hasn't done this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this would be a complete 360!!

Dec 1, 2020, 9:36 PM

Bobo is under contract through 2021. Coots trying to go cheap and make Beamer keep Bobo. Bobo isn't a good coach. Just a guess but I'll bet Shane calls Foster "Uncle" Bud.

Sounds like the perfect staff to aspire participation in the Birmingham Bowl.(5-7 wins max)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Latest joke from cootlumbia

Dec 1, 2020, 9:34 PM

So there WAS a guy on the grassy knoll....I Knew it!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:43 PM

That is adorable. I’ll put that on my Christmas toilet paper and flush it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill Cowher!

Dec 1, 2020, 9:51 PM

God, I am glad we're not in this circus.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:54 PM

Bud Foster would be a perfect fit there. Onetime great coach, now a washed up has been. Before he retired his defenses were meh...

Dec 2, 2020, 1:23 PM

Bud foster had so much trouble adapting to defending the modern spread offense that basically our 2011 game against him became the blueprint (in the ACC) of his demise. However, we might want to give JMU some credit as their pistol offense beat VT in 2010. He went from being a top 10 DC to basically being average. Sure, he could bottle of a run game and then would try to pick off in the passing lanes but he never really figure out how to do that since his scheme always tried to collapse from a point of strength.... and when offense stretched the space, he did not have the right strategy or really, the talent to be effective.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:42 PM

As great as Bud Foster was, the game moved past him. That's not a slam, it's a fact and it happens, but in his prime he was the DC goat.

Dec 2, 2020, 1:46 AM

Bud Foster, Monte Kiffen, heck, even Kecin Steele once upon a time were really good if not great D Coordinators. However their schemes didnt work against the spread and while Steele has somewhat adapted, it is the guys like BV who are constantly adapting who tend to flourish. While I LOVED the 4 man Power Ranger front, very few teams just line it up and pound it anymore, the 3 man front might be here to stay ro keep more speed on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 12:50 AM

Bud Foster as DC.... LOL!!!

I'll give him credit for years of success at VT, but that was over a decade ago they had a top defense.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:34 AM

I remember when a recruit (his father actually) picked VT over Clemson because of Foster. That was laughable, especially since BV had just come off of several top 5 defenses in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 10:36 AM

Dax Hollifield.

He is currently a starting LB at VT, but obviously Foster is gone to retirement.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:47 AM

I had to check the name of that site twice. I thought it said Gamecock Glory Hole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pic: Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In

Dec 2, 2020, 10:48 AM

Dec 2, 2020, 1:32 PM

I don't get all the love for Bobo. Am I remembering incorrectly, or weren't the Georgia fans calling for his head before he left there? Isn't he the same guy who was the OC for Georgia when they were playing South Carolina late in the game, and had 1st and goal from the 1, and failed to score while managing for Todd Gurley to not touch the ball at all?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic