Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looked like that ball hit foul first right off the bat.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Looked like that ball hit foul first right off the bat.

May 24, 2018, 9:27 PM

Guess not

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats what i thought too

May 24, 2018, 9:27 PM

but I don't know the rules well so i may be wrong

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was foul

May 24, 2018, 9:28 PM

and 1st base umpire called it fair before it hit the ground in foul territory - with his back to the ball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all ACCording to plan.***

May 24, 2018, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

that doesn't matter. it can hit in foul territory as long

May 24, 2018, 9:30 PM

as it crosses over the bag. unfortunately it looked like it crosses over the bag and then hit in foul territory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul***

May 24, 2018, 9:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul***

May 24, 2018, 9:33 PM

wrong

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol dude you have no clue. just stop.

May 24, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul*** ]

learn the rules at least.

My bad. Was listening on radio. Thought it was a line drive***

May 24, 2018, 9:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul*** ]

No, it hit initially in fair territory (in front of the plate) which means when it crosses the bag is the determining factor. If the ball is in the air it is where it lands

May 24, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul*** ]

Hahaha.

May 24, 2018, 9:37 PM [ in reply to It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul*** ]

"Batted balls that first contact the field between home plate and first or third base are considered foul if they don't subsequently bounce over or directly contact either base, otherwise pass either base while in fair territory, or ultimately settle at some point in fair territory between home plate and either base."

May 24, 2018, 9:40 PM

May 24, 2018, 9:40 PM [ in reply to It’s where it hits after crossing the bag.. which was well foul*** ]

nope.. iF it crosses the bag (which is in fair territory) and hits Foul, it is a FAIR BALL, if bounced before it got to the base. if its a line drive that crosses the base, then hits for the first time in foul territory,, it is FOUL

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 9:42 PM

Re: that doesn't matter. it can hit in foul territory as long

May 24, 2018, 9:40 PM [ in reply to that doesn't matter. it can hit in foul territory as long ]

It has to hit in Fair territory before it crosses the bag

Re: that doesn't matter. it can hit in foul territory as long

May 24, 2018, 10:06 PM

Unless college specifically has that rule, that's not the typical rule of baseball. It has to stay on the field. Dead ball (foul) if it hits an object, umpire or player in foul territory and comes back into fair territory.

"A FOUL BALL is a batted ball that settles on foul territory between home and first
base, or between home and third base, or that bounds past first or third base on or over foul
territory, or that first falls on foul territory beyond first or third base, or that, while on or
over foul territory, touches the person of an umpire or player, or any object foreign to the
natural ground"

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic