Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
solution for Tillman Hall controversy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

solution for Tillman Hall controversy.

Jul 8, 2015, 3:25 PM

Since we all know that the Pitchfork Ben legacy is not going to go away, especially now with the rebel flag issue, why not go ahead and rename Tillman Hall the Dabobama Center. That way the most beloved and revered football coach in Clemson history has his Alabama roots recognized, and also credit and honor is given to one of our most successful (successful in pushing through his agenda and programs), modern presidents. Looks like a complete win-win to me, and not one person could object to that name while playing the race card.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's a better one

Jul 8, 2015, 3:26 PM

get a ####### life you #########. it's the name of a stupid building.
Now go get a job!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here's a better one

Jul 8, 2015, 5:52 PM

I wish I had said that
And yes. I would state the following to anyone, regardless of skin color.

I think I am going to set my sights on gtting Wade Hampton High School renamed. That how stupid this chit is.

when things bother me, I usually ignore them unless they are making a lot of noise.

Since the fact is, their own government sold them into slavery----why don't these morons go protest, march and ##### and whine over in Africa.

I'm not particularly fond of that rap crap or gangsters, or car jackers or convenient store robbers, but I am not out whining about "Little Wayne" posters

Like you said. Shut Up and get a freaking job.

And as i said. what are you going to do with schools like wade hampton high in greenville ? You wanna protest and march over there. Jeez---leave it be. Go home. Your 15 minutes is up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandpa, did you forget to take your meds again?

Jul 8, 2015, 6:26 PM

You're embarrassing yourself. BTW Wade Hampton III was a pretty awful human being.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go get a job

Jul 8, 2015, 6:30 PM [ in reply to here's a better one ]

Says the guy with 37,000 points..

Posts like this help me understand why there was lynching

Jul 8, 2015, 3:33 PM

in the first place.

SMH my head

Here's one

Jul 8, 2015, 3:34 PM

If you're offended by the name of a particular building, person, thing, or institution...don't align yourself with it.

(Talking about Tillman Hall, not that dumb #### flag)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I remember a gamecock poster from FGF

Jul 8, 2015, 3:46 PM

His handle was Motor City Chicken.....I have a feeling it's you

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football......

Jul 8, 2015, 3:59 PM

history as Danny Ford.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if he wins multiple NC's?***

Jul 8, 2015, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football......

Jul 8, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football...... ]

Dabo keeps up what he's doing and he'll be put ahead of Danny in a few years.

An entirely premature assessment....

Jul 8, 2015, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football...... ]

At the end of his tenure, whenever that may be, Dabo's body of work will be evaluated on its own merits and, who knows, it may be that he even surpasses Danny Ford. Only time will tell but the fact that we'll even be having the conversation means that he's probably done pretty darn well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football......

Jul 8, 2015, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football...... ]

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY. YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR FIRST ONE. LOL

Don't know, but he is off to a good start and is

Jul 8, 2015, 4:19 PM

got my attention. Dabo is putting in work that I approve of.... Certainly has been a lot more fun being a Clemson alum/fan these last 4 years.

That may be true today, but he is well on his way !***

Jul 8, 2015, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Dabo wil NEVER be as revered in Clemson football...... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: solution for Tillman Hall controversy.

Jul 8, 2015, 4:30 PM

Shut up Coot

Jul 8, 2015, 4:39 PM

Hey, just trying to be helpful, because it's coming.

Maybe you guys need to change the name of the "strom thurmon

Jul 8, 2015, 4:52 PM

Wellness center. After all he was against the great society and civil rights early on. See how stupid all of this sounds?

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." It seems

Jul 8, 2015, 4:56 PM

We are not only forgetting it, we are trying to erase it it like it was never there. This falls under "hyper-stupidity." As a society we are learning to speed up the the results of stupid mistakes. What progress we are making!

Re: Maybe you guys need to change the name of the "strom thurmon

Jul 8, 2015, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Maybe you guys need to change the name of the "strom thurmon ]

Very logical posts Morris - couldn't agree more. We (as a country, namely our govt) are walking down a very slippery slope and it's only going to make race relations worse.

It's as if they want to not only keep the wound open, but cut deeper and pour salt in it.

No good is going to come from all this. Hearing they want the Redskins to change their name. Guess the Braves are up next.

Smh

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 8, 2015, 5:02 PM

My recollection is that without Ben Tilman, there would not be a CLEMSON UNIVERSITY. There were a lot of politicians and other people through the years that owned slaves, had a stance against integration and other views that today seem uncalled for. Be careful who you purge, it may be your turn next.

PC is has been taking the form of fascism and communism

Jul 8, 2015, 5:19 PM

for many years now. Ironic how well intentioned do-gooders turn into the executioner. (See Lenin and Stalin) But hey, it's all for the better good, right?

Actually Karl Marx was the well intentioned.***

Jul 8, 2015, 5:36 PM

Jul 8, 2015, 5:52 PM

I talked to old Ben last week and he said that he was sorry about
his racist views but that was then.Old Ben doesn't want Obama on
his building (not because he is still racist] but the Dabo would
be OK.He said may DabFrankDanny would be better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2015, 6:15 PM

Sorry but usuck has already applied for use of the Bama name

Jul 8, 2015, 8:33 PM

Over many decades Duke, Davidson and Furman all have received significant money from the Duke Endowment which was founded by James B. (Buck) Duke. Buck's daddy, Washington, fought for the South in the Civil War. After the Civil War Buck's initial fortune was made raising tobacco on the family's farm in NC. He expanded that business into making machine-made cigarettes which led to the formation of the American Tobacco Company, the largest cigarette company in the world at that time.

So if we (Clemson) are suppose to "cleanse our history" (sarc) then these other fine institutions should do likewise for having founders who actually fought in the Civil War AND made their foutune by making and selling cigarettes which undoubtedly contributed to major health problems to millions of unsuspecting people.

Obviously, I don't expect such a response from Duke, Davidson or Furman, nor do I advocate any changes at Clemson, & nor do I have a real problem with how the Duke Endowment was started. Buck Duke also invested in energy by forming Duke Power Co. which allowed him to grow the endowment. My point is that historically our founders were not perfect people. Changing building names won't change history. Our focus should be to learn from the past and live our FUTURE lives in the best way possible.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2015, 9:33 PM

funny how you've shown up here a lot less since November

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

DaCockDrools

Jul 8, 2015, 10:33 PM

Did your parents conceive you while working in their trailer meth lab?

I can't help but think that 150 years from now, every human

Jul 8, 2015, 10:58 PM

being alive today will be long gone to the hereafter or whereafter or no after, depending upon one's beliefs, and hence, what we say or do now may well be considered to be irrelevant to our succeeding generations.

They no doubt will cast wary eyes toward our history, while considering themselves lucky to be living in their own time.

Meanwhile, our ashes will be melded into the ages of the earth signifying the relative brotherhood of all men, for as the old saying goes: we rise from the earth, and we return to the earth...and the earth makes no distinction between men.

With that in mind I imagine a whole lot of folks probably should cast a little more friendly glance at their neighbors before uttering certain words usually considered highly inflammable.

And as for ole Ben Tillman...I wouldn't be at all surprised if that old pitchfork might be somewhat redhot with flames leaping from the tines, for as another old saying goes: The Devil must've been in him...."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What controversy?

Jul 9, 2015, 7:38 AM

That's the solution!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic