Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Advice for my first night game please...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Advice for my first night game please...

Oct 12, 2015, 1:53 PM

I have been looking forward to this game since I was able to come up with enough tickets for the whole family. I now have mixed feelings with it being a night game...

I am stoked because it will be my first, but I am bringing 3 kids (between 5 and 10) that might not be so perky at 11pm.

Storming the field is our favorite part of the game, and I don't know if they will be able to enjoy it at that hour.

On the other hand, I know a lot goes on BEFORE the game that we usually don't get to experience and figured I could make different great memories that way while they are still coherent.

Will there be any "meet and greets" or other events during the day that we can do? When/where do they usually release a "schedule" of events?

I'm even bringing my mom who hasn't been to a game since the late 80's.

Any advice will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

regarding the kids.....they're all different, but..........

Oct 12, 2015, 1:57 PM

mine do MUCH better going to 6/7pm games that are "cool"...........than they do cramped in a stadium during a 90+ degree noon game............mine are 7 & 5.

we took them to the SC state game last year and wofford this year............it was a nightmare for us b/c of the heat.

We made that mistake once..

Oct 12, 2015, 3:01 PM

The first time that my whole whole family went to a game was in 2012. My wife surprised me with tickets for my birthday to the opener.

My wife spent 75% of the game under the stands with the "cool" fans and (2) of the kids. One kid would take turns coming out and sitting with me.

The kids don't remember the heat, just storming the field, but the wife and I will always remember.

We didn't even know about the water bottle trick at the first aid center on that trip.

I even had the great idea of using a book bag as a diaper bag for the baby! They eventually let us in with it, but I was a total noob at that game.

since this game starts at 7 and it's on the "U"

Oct 12, 2015, 1:58 PM

expect less stoppages and the defensive nature of these teams should also speed the game along. There will be a running clock for most of the game due to the amount of running that both teams will employ. I think this game is over and done with by 10:00 to 10:30 tops.

Night game atmospheres are more electric... I don't know if your kids will even notice how late its getting. They should still enjoy the field after the game.

Take them to Tiger Walk early in the day. I would imagine it would be early in the afternoon, but you can look it up. Go to the band's pep rally in the amphitheatre and follow the parade down Ft. Hill St. This will also be in the afternoon.

Re: since this game starts at 7 and it's on the "U"

Oct 12, 2015, 2:04 PM

Tiger Band concert/pep rally is at amphitheater 90 minutes before gametime

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: since this game starts at 7 and it's on the "U"

Oct 12, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to since this game starts at 7 and it's on the "U" ]

Tiger Band concert/pep rally is at amphitheater 90 minutes before gametime

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no rain this week, but temp will be in the 40's Sat night***

Oct 12, 2015, 2:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no rain this week, but temp will be in the 40's Sat night***

Oct 12, 2015, 2:12 PM

FOOTBALL Weather!!

Love it!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Homecoming - perfect time to bring kids

Oct 12, 2015, 2:11 PM

Displays on Bowman
Tiger Walk
Band Concert in the Amphitheater 1.5(?) hours before the game

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=657769&SPID=103701&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=210414987

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Homecoming - perfect time to bring kids

Oct 12, 2015, 3:06 PM

Perfect thanks!

I couldn't find that link anywhere.

I am in lot 24 across from Bowman field, so that works perfect with the displays!

The link says that grass fields will be closed... is 24 grass? I have been in 25 before and it was grass, but I'm not sure about 24. Is it jus the loop at the alumni center?

Bring blankets/pillows to build a nest...if they'll nap

Oct 12, 2015, 2:14 PM

It worked for us….most of the time. Although, I do have a picture of my oldest asleep in my Dad’s arms before the USuCk game many years ago. We’re at the top of the hill near Johnstone D/E (used to be an ATM on the corner). In the background is the band marching down to the stadium…she’s sound asleep. BTW she just graduated this past May!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You won't need sunglasses.***

Oct 12, 2015, 2:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get the kids sugared up so they'll stay awake.***

Oct 12, 2015, 2:33 PM

just do it....enjoy yourselves... go tigers***

Oct 12, 2015, 2:33 PM

All you can eat candy...they'll be jacked!***

Oct 12, 2015, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic