Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
should Mississippi State be considered a dark horse for the playoffs this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,868

should Mississippi State be considered a dark horse for the playoffs this year?

Sep 30, 2020, 7:43 AM

Due to social distancing, Mike Leach clearly hasn't had to compete with "fat little girlfriends" for his player's attention, and that could prove to be the difference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No but the Associated Press should consider removing LSU from the top 25***

Sep 30, 2020, 8:23 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is how it works every year for the SEC...

Sep 30, 2020, 8:33 AM

keep as many of their teams as possible ranked. Keeps their best teams at the top when they beat other "ranked" SEC teams.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: should Mississippi State be considered a dark horse for the playoffs this year?

Sep 30, 2020, 8:29 AM

Only if you are ESPN and you need to fill that giant suckhole created by the Red Stix cratering. Bo Pellini couldn’t coach his way out of a brown paper bag. You’ve got years of film on the Air RAID offense showing all 8 of their plays plus more talent than you’ve ever had but you couldn’t keep them below 600 yards passing? Shame shame shame.

Re: should Mississippi State be considered a dark horse for the playoffs this year?

Sep 30, 2020, 8:41 AM

No. I saw some awful MSU QB decisions which somehow didn’t cause MSU to lose by 30. LSU certainly didn’t look like a top 25 team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:08 AM

I'd say more like a unicorn. Staying in theme, the old gray mare, LSU, ain't what she used to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:36 AM

No matter what they do against the rest of their schedule, they will lose to Bama and therefore won't be a playoff option.

I could see them finishing anywhere between 2nd and 4th in the SEC west still.

One thing I do expect is that the Ole Miss vs Miss St game this year will be one to watch. Both teams seem very committed to doing whatever it takes to put tons of points on the board.

A dark pirate raider, maybe, but not a horse.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:39 AM

ARRR! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the 1st time MSU has beat LSU early in the season

Sep 30, 2020, 10:03 AM

and the hype around them spiral out of control. Until they play their next SEC West opponent and lose by 21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Not the 1st time MSU has beat LSU early in the season

Sep 30, 2020, 10:20 AM

MSU/Leach was impressive in that win but I think we need to see them play in a few more games before penciling them in the playoffs. What I do know is that MSU is going to take some SEC teams down this season that thought they had a W during the pre season.

The problem with throwing it 60+ times a game is that its going to lead to inevitable turnovers. You saw it in the LSU game where MSU almost blew it down the stretch. Eventually this will bit them but they'll be fun to watch.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:19 AM

Still waiting for ESecPN to declare the SEC West as the greatest division in the greatest conference in all of college football the way they did several years back.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:59 AM

No way!

It was just one game people.

And, LOL, they won't just lose to Alabama.

No

Sep 30, 2020, 10:41 PM

Ever.

I know it’s a weird year, but how many “playoffs” are we having?***

Oct 1, 2020, 7:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 7:19 AM

I would have ranked them in the top 5 if I had a vote.

But, with that said, who really knows who is good and who isn't after one game?

Let's wait a couple of weeks before we say anybody (other than Clemson and Bama) are legitimate shots at the playoffs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every sec team except coots have a shot

Oct 1, 2020, 7:23 AM

3 or less losses this year with all sec schedule...might eliminate undefeated clemson

Oct 1, 2020, 9:36 AM

***NEWSFLASH***

1 LSU is not the same team they were last year

2 Bo Pelini apparently doesn’t know you can’t play man vs an air raid offense.

Oct 1, 2020, 12:31 PM

one game

one frackin game

NO

Oct 1, 2020, 12:34 PM

I am telling you right now and I have said before that 2 or 3 losses will get another team from the SEC in over a team with only 1 loss. The narrative is thay had to play only SEC games so their schedule is tougher. I call bs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 8:03 PM

Way, way, too early.......and besides, it was a #### poor lsu team that is a .500 team this year.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic