Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
scenario
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

scenario

Nov 8, 2020, 2:02 PM

If we win the rest of our regular season games and Miami
win s out, ND loses to either BC or NC, would we still
play for ACC Title? We would have tie breaker over the
canes and ND over us? would that leave the canes out?
My guess is yes but am I correct?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: scenario

Nov 8, 2020, 2:16 PM

Notre Dame and Clemson both control their own destiny because Notre Dame is undefeated and Clemson holds the tiebreaker over the only other one-loss team (Miami). If Clemson wins out, they are guaranteed an ACCCG appearance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 2:26 PM

the way we've played the last three weeks control isn't the word that comes to mind for Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 2:40 PM

Half the starters are unable to play and yet they fought the #4 team in the nation to a tie at the end of regulation on the road. I think it's a bit too early for hand-wringing. Last night was proof that Clemson is probably the deepest team in the nation.

Nov 8, 2020, 4:01 PM

not hand wringing bud. but we arent nearly what we think we are given last night. 34 yards rushing for TE. Dont blame the OL for injuries they were bad with all the starters in there. we keep plying down to teams we should beat BC and Syr for sure. Trend line with these injuries is not good. Every week we gift someone an easy td. Teams in control dont do that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 4:07 PM

I don't think you know what the term "control their own destiny" means in sports playoff scenarios. You appear to believe it means "the team is likely to win" or something like that. That's not at all what it means.

What it means is that the team does not need "help" from outcomes in games the team doesn't participate in in order to make the playoffs (or whatever is under discussion). That's what OP asked. That's what my answer (accurately) referred to.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:01 PM

It would stink to be Miami being a full time member of the ACC and losing your spot in the ACCCG to a school that is temporary.

Nov 8, 2020, 3:07 PM

Yeah but all it will do is save Miami from another humiliation loss to Clemson. What sucks even more from Miami's (and FSU's) perspective is that these days they are routinely stomped by an ACC team they thought would never compete with them in football. It would be like Clemson joining the Southern Conference and suddenly getting beaten by Furman every year. That's how Miami (and FSU) views Clemson.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic