Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pass Outs at halftime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Pass Outs at halftime

Apr 16, 2013, 8:19 AM

Mickey continues to bring this up and I'll continue to defend the pass outs. He's wrong and he presumptively assumes a great deal about the security personnel working in and around Death Valley. To those with family members in need of things like bottles or other baby care, elderly who may need a rest or medication, friends meeting for a quick chat about the game......who is he to question the security personnel? He does this every time to drum up fears and play on the listeners for ratings and his own biased views. I for one want to thank the administration for their faith and trust in the security, police and fire/ems personnel and the cost they foot for us, the long-standing fans who appreciate the tradition of being able to go out at halftime. Stop playing on unfounded fears and stop tearing down the good work the police and security do provide with no incidents I can ever think of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

p.s. if Boston can't stop it

Apr 16, 2013, 8:21 AM

With all that security, what is a pass out going to do?

Re: p.s. if Boston can't stop it

Apr 16, 2013, 8:54 AM

Totally agree. If someone wants to bomb the stadium, they will. We would need millions df dollars in sophisticated equipment to be sure, and that's not going to happen.

We can't live our lives running scared all the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's just outlaw all sporting events. We can all watch the

Apr 16, 2013, 8:57 AM

games on our t.v. in our safe little house...waiting for a drone to strike it.

the rest of the world can somehow survive without passouts

Apr 16, 2013, 9:05 AM

but Clemson fans simply HAVE to leave at halftime for all those reasons you list. Amazing.

I used to be one of those who ran out to the car to chug a couple beers myself, but eventually wised up and realized what I was missing, namely the Tiger Band's performance, various ceremonies, and half of the 3rd quarter. There's only 7 home games a season - a little over 20 hours a year that you can spend in Death Valley - so why waste any of that precious allotted time in a parking lot?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea... I would hate to miss that great band !!!!

Apr 16, 2013, 9:09 AM

said no one ever

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and that's your CHOICE....

Apr 16, 2013, 9:16 AM [ in reply to the rest of the world can somehow survive without passouts ]

We should all have that choice. There is no reason that the security can't be the same during re-entry after a pass out at halftime than when the game is getting ready to start. Mickey is using the "never waste a crisis" theory here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

give me a min, i'm trying to care how the rest of the world

Apr 16, 2013, 9:20 AM [ in reply to the rest of the world can somehow survive without passouts ]

survives without pass outs.

nope, i don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems insensitive, don't you think?***

Apr 16, 2013, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

His user ID is deadsolidperfect..

Apr 16, 2013, 9:38 AM

not deadsolidsensitive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i considered, then reconsidered; i took pause & decided...

Apr 16, 2013, 9:40 AM [ in reply to That seems insensitive, don't you think?*** ]

i applaud scooter's personal choice.

i'm happy clemson allows any & all to make their own by offering passouts.

i considered, then reconsidered the rest of the world's view, but it didn't change mine.

that's a lot of sensitivity if you ask me.

now i'm uncomfortable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say let the people do what they want.

Apr 16, 2013, 9:19 AM

While I'd love to chug a beer at halftime, I would also hate to miss any of the 3rd quarter. So with that, I say put. It's only 20min and I can grab a beer(s) after the game.

I don't get the desire to leave and then to come back

Apr 16, 2013, 9:22 AM

just to get a few drinks in....there are only seven home games a year...that's it....is your desire to drink so strong that you can't resist the urge for another two quarters of football??? If so....you might need some help. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be real here. The majority of the people who

Apr 16, 2013, 9:54 AM

leave at halftime do so to go tailgate.

Take that for what it's worth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Amen***

Apr 16, 2013, 9:54 AM

What's the difference between coming into a game

Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 AM

at kick-off or at halftime? I don't understand what the difference is from a security standpoint.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pass Outs at halftime

Apr 16, 2013, 10:13 AM

When I first read that... I thought you were going to talk about people that passed out at half time.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic