Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BourbonNet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

BourbonNet

Nov 30, 2020, 1:11 PM

This has been my "unicorn" since I started buying bourbon steadily in 2016. I bought it secondary, and it cost more than I would like to admit, but I finally reached my, "I am never going to find this in store because I do not have time to hunt for this bottle anymore" phase. I am never going to get lucky enough to win it in a lottery, either, and I do not want to drive to other states just to pay secondary there. Contemplating keeping it for awhile, but also contemplating using my birthday next Monday as an excuse to open it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

A bourbon post to slyly remind us when your birthday is

Nov 30, 2020, 1:12 PM

nice.

Also, how does this compare to Jack Daniel's?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I haven't had Jack since college, so I cannot give a serious

Nov 30, 2020, 1:14 PM

answer. I have never had this, either. From my readings, this bottle gets a lot of slack because of its proof, and since its single barrel, each expression is different. But I was willing to take the dive.

To be honest, this was more of a "look how rich I am" post more so than a "my birthday is next week" post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's more like Jim Beam

Nov 30, 2020, 1:14 PM

got it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it is a bourbon, so Beam is the clear victor there.***

Nov 30, 2020, 9:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like the JB Devil's cut.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to So it's more like Jim Beam ]

Even the biggest booze snob recognizes that's the pinnacle of bourbon production, even if you have to drive to Charleston to pick it up on your Two-hearted run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A bourbon post to slyly remind us when your birthday is

Nov 30, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to A bourbon post to slyly remind us when your birthday is ]

I am think JD is a sour mash it would be similar to George Dickel its a sour mash too.
https://www.blackwellswines.com/products/george-dickel-no-12-sour-mash-tennessee-whisky?variant=1213396972¤cy=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 2:15 PM

Sour mash is different that bourbon.

Nov 30, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to A bourbon post to slyly remind us when your birthday is ]

https://www.liquor.com/best-bourbons-4847374

I have never seen a less accurate list

Nov 30, 2020, 3:07 PM

While there are some good bottles on that list, mainly HM10 and ECBP... the others that win each category is questionable, to say the least. If I had to to put together a list, based on those categories, it would be this:

Best Overall: Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
Best Value: Wild Turkey 101
Best for Sipping: Smokewagon Uncut and Unfiltered (lots of flavors to unpack)
Best Kentucky Bourbon: This is a stupid category
Best Tennessee Whiskey (changed term from bourbon): Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
Best Under $50: Henry Mckenna 10 Year
Best Under $100: Midwinter Nights Dram
Best High Proof: Wild Turkey Rare Breed (Any other answer to this is wrong)
Best Barrel Strength: Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
Best Wheated: Makers 46 Cask Strength (this means a lot coming from someone who doesnt like MM)
Best Eco-Conscious: We're here for a short time, not a long time. This category is stupid.
Best for Cocktails: Old Grand Dad Bonded

Re: I have never seen a less accurate list

Nov 30, 2020, 9:10 PM

I don't see any rebel yell in there.

Rebel Yell 10 Year was a contender for wheated

Dec 1, 2020, 8:34 AM

But outside of its box and bottle design, there is nothing particularly flashy about it.

"Lots of flavors to unpack"

Dec 1, 2020, 8:47 AM [ in reply to I have never seen a less accurate list ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I was being a snob here

Dec 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

But it really is just that I am gay.

For real, the guy that sells Smokewagon is a blender of sourced bourbons (I think some of his own stock is actually starting to approach appropriate age). But the stuff he sells is blended to bring a very flavorful experience.

How about I pack some flavors

Dec 1, 2020, 11:33 AM

into your old lady while you watch, then you can unpack them after I've left.

JK, I respect the sacred union that you and your old lady share and would never disrespect either of you. Blessings to you both.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Nov 30, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to A bourbon post to slyly remind us when your birthday is ]

This is what I use to drink a lot.
https://flaviar.com/old-forester/old-forester-signature-bourbon-100-proof?irclickid=xN9RbA2jcxyLTIxwUx0Mo3YgUkEwNm0Fp16XRo0&ir_cid=3334&ir_affid=10079&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=Skimbit%2C%20Ltd.

North of 3 bills?***

Nov 30, 2020, 1:17 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

200-225...ish.***

Nov 30, 2020, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$220

Nov 30, 2020, 1:21 PM

Which is right in the ballpark.

Retails at $150? I quit trying to find bourbons, it is too

Nov 30, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to 200-225...ish.*** ]

difficult here.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mmmm, imagining sipping this mixed with

Nov 30, 2020, 1:17 PM

ginger ale and lime now! Jealous!

As long as you put ice in it.

I bet it would be terrible hot

Shutup

Nov 30, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to mmmm, imagining sipping this mixed with ]

Tiggity®

Re: Shutup

Nov 30, 2020, 1:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1xDnmkqxSI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry

Nov 30, 2020, 2:21 PM

I mean, stubborn_tiger®

NP, I hear that alot***

Nov 30, 2020, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mmmm, imagining sipping this mixed with

Nov 30, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to mmmm, imagining sipping this mixed with ]

I was thinking diet coke, but that sounds good, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mmmm, imagining sipping this mixed with

Nov 30, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to mmmm, imagining sipping this mixed with ]

You drink bourbon with what? You are suppose to drink it on the rocks or with a little water and ice.

Why would I waste a great bourbon by drinking it straight

Nov 30, 2020, 2:19 PM

It makes your throat burn when you do it like that.

The only way I'll enjoy one is either with Ginger Ale and a Lime or 7-up. Sprite makes bourbon taste funny.

Re: Why would I waste a great bourbon by drinking it straight

Nov 30, 2020, 2:23 PM

That crap will give you one hella hangover.

I won that bottle with smoked crabcakes a coupla 3 years

ago. Second time I ever made them, and don't think I've made them since. They must have been pretty good. I still haven't cracked that bottle, but secondary is north of 2 bills on it these days. I really want to try some of the pre-fire EC juice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, post fire bottles don't have a GREAT rep

Nov 30, 2020, 1:22 PM

But its still 18 year old bourbon, which is an age I haven't had anything of. The old bottle design was much cooler, as well.

The only thing I've had that was aged 18 years is coochie

Nov 30, 2020, 1:44 PM

and from what I remember, it was pretty dang good.

Re: The only thing I've had that was aged 18 years is coochie

Nov 30, 2020, 1:46 PM

I happened upon the old label 18 yr several years ago

Nov 30, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Yeah, post fire bottles don't have a GREAT rep ]

not long after I switched to EC as my go-to. Regular price, whatever that was in a Va state store. It was good, but not all that, as I recall. And then I never saw it again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never meet yer heroes***

Dec 1, 2020, 8:45 AM

Tell me about it!

Dec 1, 2020, 11:36 AM

Wish I never would have came across RH Tig IRL.

I would have been better off just jacking it to pictures of him on facebook.

WHOA NOW.

Dec 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

You still can jack it to pictures of me on Facebook.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

post better material***

Dec 1, 2020, 11:43 AM

Only thing more useless than money in the bank is liquor

Nov 30, 2020, 1:54 PM

in the bottle.

DRANK IT!!! You ain't gettin' no younger!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

money in the bank is useless?***

Nov 30, 2020, 2:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

APM can tell you're a little too LDR.

Nov 30, 2020, 2:51 PM

That right thar is a poor man's sayin'. Useless as money in the bank and likker in the bottle.

In other word, live it up while you got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ugh, bourbon threads

Nov 30, 2020, 2:50 PM

are about as uppity as they come

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

SO'S YOUR FACE.

Nov 30, 2020, 2:52 PM

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

Sorry, dude

Nov 30, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to ugh, bourbon threads ]

It's highly likely that I'm much stronger than you. Not claiming I'm the strongest person or a bad ###, but I am much stronger than the average American male. I was skinny as a youth, and when I see people from my youth that haven't seen me in years they are surprised by how much muscle I have added over the years. So highly unlikely you could do anything to me if challenged me. Most likely I would just shove you to the ground and tell you take your loss like a man without even punching you.

You're doing it wrong.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to ugh, bourbon threads ]

###### YOU ALL AND YOU'RE STUPID ##### BOURBON THREADS I LOG ON HERE AND ALL I SEE ARE ####### WORDS AND PUNCTUATION MARKS THIS PLACE SUCKS NOW #### YOU AND YOUR ######## MOM.

p.s. See you in the morn where I'll act like this never happened. TTFN and again, #### you and your entire family.

You forgot to delete this post

Dec 1, 2020, 8:48 AM

I also noticed you stuck true to form and didn't tag the mods.

Had the first mind-blowing bourbon I've had in a while over

Dec 1, 2020, 8:51 AM

Thanksgiving.

It was a Col EH Taylor and I can't remember if it was a small batch or single barrel, but it was on a level so much higher than my usual fare that it was almost unbelievable.

I have all of the standard offering EHT Bottles

Dec 1, 2020, 8:53 AM

And have tried to the 4 Grain they released a few years ago. They are solid offerings and one of the few from Buffalo Trace that really stand out to me. While Blantons is okay, its really just $30 bourbon in a nice bottle. I am a B away from having all the toppers, and that's really my only motivation to continue buying them if I see them.

I gotta find out what this one was from my bro-in-law

Dec 1, 2020, 8:57 AM

and I'll get pretentiously ghey for a minute here too, but the caramel notes were offff the chart in a really good way.

Went to Jack Rose in DC a few years ago...

Dec 1, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Had the first mind-blowing bourbon I've had in a while over ]

Wife wanted to take me out to do some upper end bourbon sampling for a birthday gift. So we started with a 300 shot of Pappy which was very, very good. The bartended said he had something better for 40 bucks - it was a shot of an Col EH Taylor and it, in my opinion, killed the Pappy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

close friend keeps some EHTaylor. Most excellent.

Dec 1, 2020, 1:52 PM

as good as anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic