Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Schiff's overplayed his hand.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Schiff's overplayed his hand.

Nov 24, 2019, 9:34 AM

Viewership of the hearings decreased as public support for Trump increased. But that's not the most negative outcome for dems. The hearings put the spotlight squarely on Joe and Hunter Biden's suspected improprieties with Ukraine while Joe was in office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Schiff's overplayed his hand.

Nov 24, 2019, 9:36 AM

What world do you live in and what drugs does one take to get there?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had two basic statements from which you can select...

Nov 24, 2019, 10:07 AM

your reason for insulting me. Pick one and let me show you the evidence/proof that it is valid or challenge both and I will happily provide the facts which support them.

Either way, just saying I'm wrong seems an insult to your thought process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

libs don’t like facts

Nov 24, 2019, 12:14 PM

..because they conflict with their emotions hence, they react emotionally.

You just triggered one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: libs don’t like facts

Nov 24, 2019, 12:52 PM

Amen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

counterpoint:

Nov 24, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to libs don’t like facts ]

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/it-was-russia-chris-wallace-gives-live-fact-check-to-gop-senator-who-says-ukraine-could-have-hacked-election/

(Also, watch the video and check out the blinking. Freaky.)

Re: counterpoint:

Nov 24, 2019, 4:22 PM

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

Re: counterpoint:

Nov 24, 2019, 8:10 PM

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2019/1122/Did-Ukraine-interfere-in-the-2016-election-Three-questions

A lot of people say it didn't happen.

Nov 25, 2019, 5:27 AM

If they are right then I'll admit I'm trusting the wrong sources for news. Will you do the same when the Durham report is released?

“A Department of Justice team led by U.S. Attorney John Durham is separately exploring the extent to which a number of countries, including Ukraine, played a role in the counterintelligence investigation directed at the Trump campaign during the 2016 election,” DOJ spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said Wednesday. “While the Attorney General has yet to contact Ukraine in connection with this investigation, certain Ukrainians who are not members of the government have volunteered information to Mr. Durham, which he is evaluating.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/u-s-attorney-john-durham-looking-into-ukrainian-involvement-in-2016-election

Sure.***

Nov 25, 2019, 2:25 PM

Thank you, sir.

Nov 25, 2019, 3:21 PM

That's a fair as rain and as civil as any Brit royal.

Nov 24, 2019, 10:22 AM

The issue is that Trump worked with a foreign government to try and dig up dirt on his political opponent.

Which has brought the focus onto Joe and Hunter.

Nov 24, 2019, 12:21 PM

I'm finished arguing whether or not Trump was digging 'dirt.' We're going nowhere, everybody who believes that will continue and everyone who doesn't will continue.

I'm talking about the talk of Joe/Hunter being a daily topic on the news. Trump is daring dems to vote to impeach with threats to subpoena Joe, Hunter, Schiff and the whistleblower. That will be disastrous for the dem party.

I would have done the same thing

Nov 24, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Schiff's overplayed his hand. ]

Once I saw this. Pretty amazing how Biden is caught red handed admitting it but somehow Trump is guilty. You liberals never cease to amaze. You want to impeach a man for asking about a crime, and then elect the man who committed the crime.

https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

Re: I would have done the same thing

Nov 24, 2019, 3:30 PM

Why didn't he work with US authorities? That's what the prob is. He used quid pro quo to try and dig up dirt on a political opponent using a foreign government. The last think he cares about was corruption. Also, what has he come up with? Will Biden be charged with anything?

Nov 24, 2019, 6:14 PM

He tried that and hit a wall of resistance. The same people that resisted him just testified for 2 weeks that investing Biden was wrong. The obvious place to go for direct information was Ukraine because the domestic resources here are all compromised.

Nov 24, 2019, 7:59 PM

If Biden had broken the law or had been accused of breaking the law, then it's right and proper for the Justice Dept. to launch an investigation.

But that isn't what happened. Biden is merely Trump's 'what about" argument. Never mind his corruption, what about Biden's. You would think that after so much time you'd finally catch on to this handy little method.

You guys fall for this tired old propaganda and when the facts come out, I'm not sure what your going to do. Biden is meaningless, Biden doesn't matter, Biden has NOTHING to do with Trump asking a foreign govt. to help in his reelection campaign.

You too will cling to what ever little morsel Trump sweeps off his table.

Nov 24, 2019, 9:46 PM

If?? Have you seen his video confession?

The transcript shows that an investigation was ongoing.

Nov 25, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have done the same thing ]

Trump specifically asked Zelenskyy to coordinate and assist with Barr/Durham's investigation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/u-s-attorney-john-durham-looking-into-ukrainian-involvement-in-2016-election

Review the transcript which shows he was introducing...

Nov 25, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have done the same thing ]

Barr/Durham as participants in the investigation into Ukrainian meddling in the election. He was only asking that Zelenskyy accommodate and coordinate with the US investigation.

As I've said, I am not so naive as to believe that Trump wouldn't delight to find Biden wrongdoing but that wasn't his sole goal.

Ya’ll know I’ve been in Italy all week. Global meeting

Nov 24, 2019, 10:44 AM

We talked a lot about the Trump issues. Most of my associates around the world (many of them are progressive types) think the democrats are idiots for pursuing impeachment. Almost each day the Dems should be supporting Trump b/c
ECONOMY STUPID!

Re: Ya’ll know I’ve been in Italy all week. Global meeting

Nov 24, 2019, 12:26 PM

You've been in Italy? That is very cool. I'd love to go there. I would hit every museum that country has.

Nov 24, 2019, 11:56 AM

I’m still shaking my head at “congressional immunity” where, as long as they are physically inside the HOR”, Congressional speech is immune: meaning you could stand at a podium and say anything, whether true or not, without repercussions. How in the F is this permissible.

If congressfolk went to jail for lying...

Nov 24, 2019, 12:23 PM

who would legislate?

Fact is, if Schiff gets a subpoena to testify in the Senate trial he will be held accountable to Barr's justice department.

Nov 24, 2019, 12:24 PM

I think that most people realize that the Biden's are a strawman argument that have zero to do with Trump's actions. It's not a Trump being bad vs Biden being bad. Biden is irrelevant.

I think the Dems mistake is they've presented an incomplete record. The apparent decision to not pursue the 1st hand witnesses is a mistake. They are abdicating their key role as 'oversight'. I think their timing is political. They don't want to draw this out because it effects campaigning for the next election. They should ask the courts to enforce their subpoenas.

I think you wish this was a debunked conspiracy theory.

Nov 24, 2019, 12:49 PM

It doesn't fit the definition of a strawman argument. You desperately need to read this federal document. Hunter was Burisma's token.

https://www.scribd.com/document/433389210/Bluestar-Novelli-Contacts

Shall I continue?

Re: I think you wish this was a debunked conspiracy theory.

Nov 24, 2019, 2:18 PM

Of course he was. That is obvious. But he has absolutely nothing to do with Trump's actions. Nothing. The President of the United States can't ask other governments to aid his campaigns in any form.

The world is full of corrupt countries and politicians that we give money to. The idea that Trump was only interested in the 1 country that his political opponent's son had done business to 'stop corruption' in is ludicrous.

Further, why aren't you interested in Trump's actions with the Turks? You think it might have anything to do with his Turkish partner in his hotel in Istanbul? You're so focused on Biden that you completely ignore Trump's actual actions.

And when is Trump going to denounce Russia publicly for their attack on our democracy?

Trump is obligated by his oath of office to ensure that...

Nov 24, 2019, 4:21 PM

federal aid to foreign countries is spent properly. Had Obama done that Joe Biden wouldn't have been using taxpayers' money to purchase a BOD position on a corrupt company for his son.

Turkey is one of our NATO allies. Ukraine was bought and paid for by Obama/Biden.

Re: Trump is obligated by his oath of office to ensure that...

Nov 24, 2019, 9:54 PM

Soros
Atlantic Council
$7.4 Billion in US aid to Ukraine gone, poof!
Trump’s already pulling aid back all over the world. He’s referred to us as the worlds piggy bank many times. He vowed not to send money to countries unless a valid and verifiable need is demonstrated.
Our tax dollars are likely funding hostile elements that are working against us.
That’s why he temporarily held aid to Ukraine: the worlds #3 most corrupt nation.

Re: Trump is obligated by his oath of office to ensure that...

Nov 24, 2019, 9:59 PM

LOL!

where 1 falls 2 will rise***

Nov 25, 2019, 4:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic