Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
its like people who cover sports are on a mission
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

its like people who cover sports are on a mission

Sep 6, 2020, 1:30 PM

to make people quit watching sports..i remember after 9/11 they praised sports for providing an escape...but suddenly its not an escape.

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/1302257692141125633

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:its like people who cover sports are on a mission- I just

Sep 6, 2020, 1:45 PM

wonder who here did what to make Herbie cry? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its like people who cover sports are on a mission

Sep 6, 2020, 2:06 PM

Notice how he twists what the person meant by escaping. Escaping in this context means the problems of the world, not your personal life. You are tuning into ENTERTAINMENT rather than news, work, whatever. Yet as usual, they can’t make an honest argument (because there isn’t one) so they twist what the person says (reframe) and respond to that. Par for the course.

Sep 6, 2020, 2:09 PM

Agree. That comment by Cowherd is just plain stupid on many levels.

Sep 6, 2020, 2:14 PM

It sucks to see people like cowherd and herbstreet sucked into this garbage because they are usually among the better folks in the sports news industry which by the way had for the most part gone to #### BEFORE all the craziness of 2020. People acting like they are just now disgusted with espn, my question is were you paying attention the last decade or two? I’ve been done with espn for years other than specific games. I won’t watch any of the shows not even wokecenter.

Sep 6, 2020, 3:34 PM

I tweeted about the same. What Herbie did was confusing and quite honestly dishonest. Then I began to think, what was the alternative? Were they not going to bend at the knee and lose their life, their income and become the target of the very thing they bent the knee to? I don't believe for a second guys like Herbie, Cowherd and Dabo believe the narrative out there today but they are definitely not free to speak their mind. Just think about that for a second. In America in 2020 and we're going backwards so fast it does make your head spin. You have people actively calling for the re-integration of society. You have people losing their job because they support the President (irregardless what you think of him). You have people being attacked because they believe in free speech and this country. It's a very scary thing when you see liberties being taken away by the mob. If you don't think what I am saying is the truth then ask yourself what would happen if Herbie or Dabo came out and said that the police aren't the problem or that the George Floyd or Jacob Blake incident was more about the mind frame of the young black man especially when dealing with cops than this society being systemically racist. It doesn't even matter which side is right and which side is wrong the fact that in America in 2020 you do not have the right to speak your mind freely and give your opinion on social issues without having your whole life dangled on a string in front of you with the craziest of radicals holding the knife. People have the right to believe what they want but right know you don't have the right to say what your beliefs are if they don't align with the prevailing winds of social justice. Quite frankly that isn't the America our Forefathers fought for. When facts and truth is racist then we have gone WAY too far.

Sep 6, 2020, 3:09 PM

I no longer watch any of the sports talk shows, including the ACC. I've heard the sane stuff over and over for many years except for the names. Watching a football game on TV, other than when Clemson is playing, I turn the volume down to 0 so I don't have to listen to all of that "yakity-Yak".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 3:26 PM

I’m with you on the volume. I started last year. I have to listen when our tigers are playing only because Munson and the action on TV are not in sync. And it’s off in the opposite direction that I thought it would be. The radio runs about 2-3 seconds behind. It’s always been annoying, but I’ve got to force myself this year. I’m just sick of all the social adjustments I’m expected to make. I’m hoping for a successful season, that being at least 9 games played.

Sep 6, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: its like people who cover sports are on a mission ]

Amen Joe! When Clemson plays Wake, that will be my first espn action since February. I did watch the Derby yesterday. Other than that I watch MotoGP and IRL.

So glad I didn’t see Kirk’ flash flood. But obviously I heard about it.

It's like they think the broadcast is all

Sep 6, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: its like people who cover sports are on a mission ]

about them, and the football game is just in the background as filler.

Sep 6, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: its like people who cover sports are on a mission ]

Joe21, I’ve always appreciated your perspective on life, service and history. But, do you truly believe that the sentiments that players are expressing about racial injustice is just “yackity tack?” I’m sincerely curious about where you stand on the issue of systemic racism. Thanks.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic