Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who has a better football facility Clemson or Coots ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Who has a better football facility Clemson or Coots ?

Oct 28, 2015, 3:30 PM

The local Charleston coot radio show host asked a "FanTalk" question today. One of his listeners made this reply "The facilities at South Carolina are second to none."

I replied back "hell they arent even first in the state with facilities" The coot host took exception to my reply - I told him he could argue until he turned garnet in the face and he would still be wrong.

Opinion: Which school does have the better facilities ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who has a better football facility Clemson or Coots ?

Oct 28, 2015, 3:34 PM

Ours is probably always going to be "better" because we have a better campus. USuC has a lot of money coming in from the SEC and has been on a spending spree the past few years (plaza around W-B, new fan parking areas, big video board, new FB practice fields and indoor facility, etc.) I don't see it translating into a better team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before Clemson breaks ground on the NEW

Oct 28, 2015, 3:34 PM

football facility, USuC is playing catch up. Before they catch up, Clemson will already be building the new facility next to the indoor practice facility.

Not even close. CU***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2015, 3:36 PM

They have equal practice facilities, football stadiums we hold an advantage, baseball they have the best in the country, until we actually see if D Rad has sold us a bill of goods on LJ redo X 2 can't say about basketball except they have separated women's and men's facilities and both are bigger than ours. As far as the other lesser sports facilities, I don't know. Honestly, we are about the same at this moment.

He ask about football only and another thing, bigger....

Oct 28, 2015, 3:38 PM

isn't always better. Compare atmosphere at a packed 10K seat auditorium to a half empty 20K seat facility.

Oct 28, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Who has a better football facility Clemson or Coots ? ]

WITH OUR NEW BASEBALL FACILITY HOW CAN YOU SAY THEIRS IS BETTER. FROM EVERYTHING I HAVE HEARD THE PLACE IS OFF THE CHAIN. THEY GOT MORE SEATS THAN US I GUESS. AND THEIR BBALL ARENA IS A GIGANTIC WHITE ELEPHANT. SHALL I CONTINUE

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our baseball facility does have a very nice

Oct 28, 2015, 3:54 PM

trophy case.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

cc be like***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:56 PM

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Our baseball facility does have a very nice

Oct 28, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Our baseball facility does have a very nice ]

YES YOU DO. HOW IS THAT FOOTBALL TROPHY CASE WORKING OUT FOR YOU

deroberts be like***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:59 PM

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

CC off the top rope

Oct 28, 2015, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Our baseball facility does have a very nice ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

the dice man is perfection***

Oct 28, 2015, 4:10 PM

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Re: the dice man is perfection***

Oct 28, 2015, 4:16 PM

Hickory

Dickory

Dock

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

It hurts, but point. Well played.***

Oct 28, 2015, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Our baseball facility does have a very nice ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness....

Oct 28, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Who has a better football facility Clemson or Coots ? ]

even with the new additions to BTF, $CU's baseball facilities are still slightly better and this is coming from a recent baseball commitment and his father who visited both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Do you really expect anyone to NOT answer Clemson on here???***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:37 PM

Re: Do you really expect anyone to NOT answer Clemson on here???***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:42 PM

actually yes I did ... I think we are all wise enough to distinguish the differences between facilities.

Oct 28, 2015, 3:37 PM

DIDNT YOU JUST ANSWER THAT

we do now....and we will widen the gap after the.........

Oct 28, 2015, 3:41 PM

football operations facility is built.......the thing looks awesome

When will this project start? What's the latest?***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:51 PM

supposed to be spring 2016...we'll see if that sticks***

Oct 28, 2015, 3:54 PM

Oct 28, 2015, 3:45 PM

There is no question our facilities are better. Lets forget the fact that WB Stadium sits in the middle of filth, but our stadium, our boxes, our parking are all superior to the coots stadium.

Huh? What? Is that even a question?

Oct 28, 2015, 3:51 PM

Geez! Not even close.

Littlejohn is a second to none type facility.

Oct 28, 2015, 4:01 PM

It has giant metal beams on the exterior, a tiger statue, the list goes on and on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I'm particularly impressed with....

Oct 28, 2015, 4:23 PM

all the piles of dirt they currently have on the floor. Looks like a monster truck or motocross track in there.

Clemson does and it's really not even close....

Oct 10, 2021, 6:07 PM

and any objective person who has seen both will tell you the exact same thing. Although in fairness, $CU is making up some ground with the construction of its new indoor practice facility which (surprise surprise) is being built by the same contractor who built Clemson's.

Re: Well, their bass fishin' facilities are top shelf from

Oct 28, 2015, 4:21 PM

what I'm hearing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 28, 2015, 4:25 PM

A more fair question would be "Who has a better football facility, USuC or Wofford?".

Oct 28, 2015, 4:26 PM

I have a friend of mine working at coot vile and he admits that Clemson is better. Says they try hard but it is not the same. Friend will remain nameless.

HOW CAN YOU COME IN HERE AND USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE!?***

Oct 28, 2015, 4:27 PM

ROH

Bobby Hartin is a turd.

Oct 28, 2015, 4:30 PM

Damm, how I'd like to box that slobbering, stuttering moron.

Bobby Hartin "Claim to Fame is 70's Male Coot Cheerleader"

Oct 28, 2015, 4:46 PM

Seriously - Have you ever been to a local bar (Hartin) was working at on the weekend on a game day? Spell C L E M S oooooo N at the bar after a touch down and watch him go nuts! Or when Coots game comes on they play 2001 and he turns the volume up to SPEAKER BUST level and you COVER your ears. Then when he looks at you ask him to turn it down - He gets Red Faced!:) He is a die-hard Coot and he will not agree with much that is said on this board. Let alone by a C L E M S Ooooo N diehard FAN!!!

I met him a few months ago. Was wearing a Clemson shirt and

Oct 28, 2015, 4:55 PM

he didn't say anything about it. So whenever a Coot fan comments about my wearing Clemson gear I tell them that if the local Cardinal of all things Coot didn't mention it then they can't either.

Well, for starters...

Oct 28, 2015, 4:53 PM

Our football facility is by a lake, not in a ghetto.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 28, 2015, 4:56 PM

Just tell the coot host if he doesn't believe you just ask all the high 4 and 5 star players who keep committing to come to Clemson. USC is getting 2 and 3 star players so they must have 2 and 3 star stadium. Clemson has far more support personel and better overall football enviorment.

Oct 28, 2015, 5:02 PM

This can't be a serious question. That is like asking who prettier, Megan Fox (Clemson) or Roseanne Bar (Coots.)

Re: its a fair question

Oct 28, 2015, 5:25 PM

because I have never been to Columbia or attended any event at a USuCk facility. When I married Tigrjm76 almost 30 years ago, he promised he would never take me to an event because it wasnt the place to take nice young ladies.The only part of USuCk I have ever seen is exit sign #111 on I-26 which bears the name.I have over these 30 years attended every type of sporting event Clemson offers and know what facilities we offer.

Re: its a fair question

Oct 28, 2015, 5:47 PM

Fair enough mrstigrjm76...your husband was correct in his assessment of cootlumbia. I hope I did not offend you with my response. Go Tigers!

do it gotta chickfila in it?

Oct 28, 2015, 6:12 PM

.that is the best facility

Go tigers!

According to Brent Musberger they have outstanding facilities...***

Oct 28, 2015, 6:14 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive