Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone explain please - why TL'S throw to Ross was "not great"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,475

Can someone explain please - why TL'S throw to Ross was "not great"

Jan 9, 2019, 5:40 PM

I keep watching and thinking I don't know where else it needed to go for Ross to be the only one with a chance to get it.

I don't pretend to be a QB expert but it sure looks like it was a well placed ball considering the DB was actually even or slightly inside/front of Ross.

Can I get a little help?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all agree it was great!***

Jan 9, 2019, 5:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's ALL THEY GOT***

Jan 9, 2019, 5:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Even Herbstreit

Jan 9, 2019, 5:45 PM

Commented it was a great throw. All this 50/50 nonsense is just that. The whole idea of 'tight windows' is placing the ball where the receiver has the chance to catch it...or bat it away, if need be. Look at Nuk...he wants it in his radius...and DW4 obliges. TL does similarly...and that's why the NFL is in full-on drool mode!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's ALL THEY GOT***

Jan 9, 2019, 5:46 PM [ in reply to it's ALL THEY GOT*** ]

I just go ahead and agree with them, and add to the conversation too!

"I know man, we could've had Cole Stoudt in there to lob it up, and there would be nothing Alabama could do to defend it"

then they looked confused....and have nothing more to say.

Re: it's ALL THEY GOT***

Jan 9, 2019, 6:38 PM

Haha! I'll have to remember that one!

the only thing I can think of...

Jan 9, 2019, 5:44 PM

I guess all you could say is that Ross was well covered and the ball shouldn't have been thrown...

But that is REACHING to criticize.

Just as easily you could say TL thinks Ross can do just about anything so as long I put the ball where the DB can't get it, I'm good.

IN FACT...

that play looked pretty familiar to a play that occurred during camp when Ross went up and made a spectacular one-hander...that is what I immediately thought of when it happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the only thing I can think of...

Jan 9, 2019, 6:39 PM

Yes! I thought of that. It was down the same side of the field!

The only people saying it was not great...

Jan 9, 2019, 5:49 PM

are the limited few trying to alleviate a bruised ego.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The only people saying it was not great...

Jan 9, 2019, 6:41 PM

That's my feeling...

Like I said, I realize my lack of expertise here so I was allowing for the possibility of just not seeing this correctly.

Re: Can someone explain please - why TL'S throw to Ross was "not great"

Jan 9, 2019, 7:01 PM

If you mean the one-hander, I just watched the coaches room version of the game. TL waited until the last possible second to throw that pass with the defense bearing down on him and still threw it before Ross made his cut on his route. It was an amazing catch but also an amazing throw. The guys in the coaches room understood that and raved about the throw. McShay called it a “great” throw.

Jan 9, 2019, 7:02 PM

The view from tv is so different from what is going on on field level. Many times a 'bad pass' is in fact a perfect pass, depending on where the LBs and DBs are.

Jan 9, 2019, 7:07 PM

Also keep in mind TL zips or floats the ball as needed. Not bashing KB, but we saw a lot of passes by TL that KB could not make (and quite a few other QBs can't make).

Jan 9, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can someone explain please - why TL'S throw to Ross was "not great" ]

Agree! And if I remember correctly there was some pressure coming at him so he delivered the ball where only Ross could get it before pressure could get to him.

Im all for pumping brakes and not over reacting but these 50/50 people need to let go of whatever agenda they are holding on to.

Those people - i put them in the same group

Jan 9, 2019, 7:17 PM

As these guys on the sideline trying to convince the refs it wasn’t even a good catch... look at the Alabama crew waving their arms like he was out of bounds

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1082487728409886720?s=20

Great pass to where it was supposed to be...remember when...

Jan 9, 2019, 7:31 PM

...in 2017 our WR corp was making KB look good by doing circus catches? I can't count how many times Renfrow did some kind of crazy acrobat catch. There was very little need for that with TL.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy: It should have clocked the defender (that was holding

Jan 9, 2019, 8:15 PM

Ross' arms all night) in the back of the head, knocked him out, and then bounced not-to-hard-but-not-to-soft into Ross' two hands without him having to even break stride.

Re: Easy: It should have clocked the defender (that was holding

Jan 9, 2019, 10:46 PM

Ah! Thanks! Now that's the kinda insight I'm missing :)

Because his name is Trevor not Tua otherwise it'd be chill***

Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the guys on the Monday Night Film Room broadcast...

Jan 9, 2019, 10:54 PM

of our game said Dabo told him Clemson receivers were instructed to go like you want to win in the first six yards. When you reach that six yards it's your responsibility to turn, find the ball and catch it. They have a very good idea where the ball is going to be and when it will get there. That's all Trevor is responsible for. I think this is how all timing routes are run.

Obviously, whoever made that 'not great,' statement had no clue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 11:24 PM

Because the people that said it was not great invested 5 billion dollars for broadcasting rights for the conference of the other team.

I’ve watched the game 4 times now. I recorded 3 different broadcasts of it. At the end of the 1st half when Bama was trying to score, the Coaches Room broadcast with Booger, McShade, Testicles and Witten. One of those dimwits said, “if we just score here....”. WE??? WE???? What £¥¥%%^ing WE?!?!?!

Also, after Pinckney stuffed that “dumbest play in the history of planet Earth” fake FG, on the first play after that I’m pretty sure TL was tackled for a loss on an End Zone Read. I’d call that a sack, not that it matters. 2 plays later was the long Justin Ross TD.

Jan 10, 2019, 3:00 AM

Not a sack once the QB tucks it and starts to run it's classified as a TFL even if the QB is carrying the ball. There is some level of discretion as to whether a QB was forced to scramble or if it is a designed run option but that's how it works from what I understand.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,475
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic