Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
it could be false positive like Saban-they need to keep test
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

it could be false positive like Saban-they need to keep test

Oct 30, 2020, 8:16 AM

It could be like Saban. I hope they keep testing him. Right before ND. I think the rest we can handle,but ND I don't think so. And BC is no pushover.

This sucks.

I guess I better light up that prayer line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it could be false positive like Saban-they need to keep test

Oct 30, 2020, 8:18 AM

ACC doesn’t allow retests like SEC. Also, he has symptoms.

Oct 30, 2020, 9:15 AM

I'm not sure exactly of what the ACC or SEC protocols are, but the reports said that Clemson went ahead and tested Lawrence again after the 1st positive test. I wouldn't think that they'd bother to immediately do a 2nd test if they didn't think there was a way of keeping him on the field if the 2nd test showed negative.

I'd assume based on doing the 2nd test right away that there would be some sort of protocol for not having a false positive keep players out. Now of course, I'd assume a large part of that would require the player to not have any symptoms as well. Of course those symptoms could be from something non-Covid related, but the odds of someone having symptoms along with 2 positive tests and being negative seem pretty low.

Oct 30, 2020, 8:26 AM

He’s already had 2 positive tests.

Oct 30, 2020, 8:31 AM

Up to 90% false positives...

"In Massachusetts, from 85 to 90 percent of people who tested positive in July with a cycle threshold of 40 would have been deemed negative if the threshold were 30 cycles, Dr. Mina said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

Oct 30, 2020, 9:19 AM

The story you link doesn't say those cases are false positive. It's saying that those people have a very low percentage of the virus in them that they may not be contagious at all. The story doesn't really say, but I'd guess those are mainly the people who don't have symptoms. Lawrence in this case does have symptoms, although they are mild. Of course though, that's no real way of knowing who is or isn't contagious at this point so caution has to be exercised.

If a vaccine doesn't become available soon then hopefully the doctors will at least be able to learn more about how the virus is spread, and perhaps these 10 day windows can be reduced.

Oct 30, 2020, 9:07 AM

Have you not caught on by now- Saban always gets his way- media, AD, SEC, and health test. they always give in just to shut him up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic