Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re: is it time to revert back to student athletes? Posted:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,392

Jun 16, 2020, 1:08 PM

Re: is it time to revert back to student athletes?
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 1:00 PM

The only way to have a TRUE COLLEGE TEAM is to DO AWAY with athletic scholarships. Let the Coach announce that any STUDENT interested in playing football report to practice on August 1. Then cut to about 40 players and PLAY BALL !! Of course caliber of play falls but it is all relative since all are in the same BOAT. I'd LOVE to see it though I know it's a pipe dream ! Same for all the other sports as well. No recruiting , no year round practice, no weights etc just a specific season for EACH sport. This is what HIGH SCHOOL sports USED to be as well and SHOULD be again !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 1:14 PM

that's so old school

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 1:27 PM

That's the beginning of college sports old school, and no, I wouldn't at all be interested in watching that type of college sports. I say go back to when the best college coaches in the country only made anything below $0.5 million a year. College FB was pretty good during those times, and college FB was a much tougher game during those times IMO!!!!

Also, college facilities could only be built from alumni donations, or loans based on average yearly ticket sales by the fans in the stands, and those things would keep the corporate world out of college sports, especially if only two schools were eligible to play in a bowl game per conference at the end of the FB season, and all those games could be played in the month of January... To many bowl games has hurt post season college FB IMO!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 9:26 AM

Most of the athletes playing College Football Today don't belong in College...they are only there as a stepping stone to the NFL...can't pass the SAT...can't take the normal college courses and must have tutoring on everything they take...special programs and special degrees and even then a large % at many schools can't pass! Few true 'student' athletes still exist compared to the mass! Might be a great idea but it won't generate a national championship or millions of $ every year...only at North Dakota State!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost looks like you C&P'd that straight from FGF

Jun 29, 2020, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic