Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please explain something to me......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,092

Please explain something to me......

Nov 16, 2016, 7:32 PM

those of you that know football better than me. Dabo was asked tonight why he did not run Watson in that last CU offensive series. He answered "I am not running my QB against a stacked defense with nine men in the box." If that is the case, why run Gallman? We had not been successful all day running the ball, but Watson was putting up record passing numbers. It appears to me he should have taken third and fourth downs and thrown the ball rather than run. Who knows, if not a completion then perhaps an interference call. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I liked our chances better throwing the ball especially with Williams and our other receivers. I was screaming at the tv for them to pass and not run but no one on the sideline apparently heard me. Your thoughts??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Nov 16, 2016, 7:39 PM

Actually they weren't running Gallman that much relative to total play calling. They had the box loaded and we were passing like crazy (580 passing yards). If you're gonna run, run Gallman, but don't throw the QB to that wall.

agreed....even a pass to renfrow on sideline is

Nov 16, 2016, 7:40 PM

a first down!

if you're talking about just the last series

Nov 16, 2016, 7:41 PM

if you're talking about just the last series, I'd guess with 3 picks, it was a good idea NOT to pass at that stage of the game.

three receivers to one side and quick throw

Nov 16, 2016, 7:44 PM

sideways, block and he picks up 5 yards...come on we do it all the time...problem is our off. cord do not think about the best situations all the time.

Re: if you're talking about just the last series

Nov 16, 2016, 7:45 PM [ in reply to if you're talking about just the last series ]

DW completed 52/70 for 74% overall. If he makes one out of two that's 50%. I would take the percentages and pass.

I don't disagree, but I see why they called what they called

Nov 16, 2016, 8:13 PM

An outside run seemed to be a bad call, but we should've gotten the first down on the play before. Bad playcalling!

COOT!

Nov 16, 2016, 7:56 PM

I kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please explain something to me......

Nov 16, 2016, 8:33 PM

The obvious game plan for Pitt and I think will be the same with Wake was make Watson beat you with his arm...and he did...what Pitt didn't bank on was that Watson's decision making was going to be the killer for Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Please explain something to me......

Nov 16, 2016, 10:01 PM

harken back to the orange bowl and ohio state.boyd rolls to the right supposedly looking for Sammy,stops.turns to the left,and has a wide open Stanton seckinger for a td.think the same might have worked with Leggett for a 1st down?why abandon the advantage given by the element of surprise?a little imagination goes a long way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,092
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic