Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You People Are Crazy, With All Due Respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,464

You People Are Crazy, With All Due Respect

Aug 31, 2014, 7:32 AM

For criticizing Chad Morris's play selection in the second half as the primary reason we lost. You should be asking Dabo about his decisions that were directly responsible for losing the field position battle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You People Are Crazy, With All Due Respect

Aug 31, 2014, 7:37 AM

We outgained Georgia 276-126 in the first half,and finished up at 291-459.

And you have no questions for Chad Morris?

That's makes no senses, we lost the field position battle

Aug 31, 2014, 7:38 AM

Due to 3 and outs nothing dabo did.

Agree -

Aug 31, 2014, 7:40 AM

sorry Creole...but this is on the play caller (and the QB for changing the play to a QB draw at the weirdest times on like three different occasions).

You win the field position battle by actually reclaiming yards when you're backed up on your own end.

Any type of vertical game at all would've helped - especially since the defensive backfield was probably the biggest weakness to exploit.

Re: That's makes no senses, we lost the field position battle

Aug 31, 2014, 7:30 PM [ in reply to That's makes no senses, we lost the field position battle ]

With all due respect for dabo, I'm not really sure what input he could offer. The reason we opened up the purse and paying cm and bv top dollar is because our head coach isn't capable of running either an offense or a defense. We all talk about how good of a manager and leader he is but never in regard to football acumen. What is Dabo' s identity as a coaching philosophy? We have a schizo offensive coordinator #### bent on doing it the only way he knows. Cm and bv are awesome experts in their areas. You think dabo ever has any serious input into film breakdown, offensive or defensive planning etc???what can he possibly offer these two experts. Yeah most head coaches have an oc and a dc but most all big time head coaches were either offensive or defensive genuises as coordinators at one point. Stoops still runs his own defense, slurrier his offense. These guys have an in depth understanding of the game and can gameplan and control their gameplan to some extent. Whose really in charge and what can dabo really do to change anything. Can he make chad run a different type gameplan? No. Can he make bv do anything different? No. He can ask but he doesn't have the football intelligence to override those guys expertise in their areas and he can't put together a logical argument for them to want to change. It just feels schizophrenic to me. I'm all in but very frustrated. But by the same token usuck needed to control the clock a little against ATM but didn't even run the ball. Slurrier gets the credit for that debacle but I get the feeling that he has the power to change the gameplan this week and go to power running game as he needs to do to help his pitiful defense til it gets on track. I don't think dabo has that option. He's stuck with what he's got. Which is pretty good considering but it just tells me there's no hope for change.

if you could be more specific, maybe we could discuss it...

Aug 31, 2014, 7:38 AM

Not sure anybody's letting Dabo off the hook, but what decisions specifically are you talking about?

Pretty much feel like UGA's actions determined that along with our offense's inability to change it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if you could be more specific, maybe we could discuss it...

Aug 31, 2014, 8:08 AM

Every time Georgia punted in the second half, Dabo had the punt "safe" on. There was never any intention on our part to return the punt in an attempt for decent field position. The result being that we were constituently starting drives backed up against our own goal line. Dabo made the Georgia DC's job much easier given the current personnel situation of our team.

Aug 31, 2014, 8:15 AM

Georgia's punters were fantastic last night. You don't attempt a return when the ball is coming down at the 10. I don't know what you're talking about.

Aug 31, 2014, 8:19 AM

To 2nd that, the punts were falling when UGA players were already there. Best we could have hoped for was fair catches, and then you risk a TO.

Offense should have been able to move the ball. That's the bottom line.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Is A Teachable Moment

Aug 31, 2014, 12:46 PM

John, the reason the Georgia players were already there was that in our punt safe mode, we allow the majority of our opponents punt coverage personnel to run down the field unabated. That is, we do not block them, allowing them to be "already there" when the punt is fielded.

Our punt returner never had a chance to establish decent field position because we never had a return called.

Re: This Is A Teachable Moment

Aug 31, 2014, 12:49 PM

Were you expecting decent returns from AH. Half the punts bounced backwards or went into the endzone.

you play punt safe to also prevent uga from faking just

Aug 31, 2014, 1:16 PM

like they did in the valley last year.

the most important thing was the ball/possession; we wanted it back, did just that, then did nothing with it to flip the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are Correct

Aug 31, 2014, 3:48 PM

The real question is, why did Dabo lack confidence in our punt return team to prevent a successful fake punt on fourth and 8?

Well, that and given that Chad Morris has admitted that the plan going into the game was to be very conservative near our own goal line, why did Dabo consistently put the offense in that situation?

i know, but lack confidence? there were 3 punts in the 3rd

Aug 31, 2014, 5:23 PM

quarter.

1 at the cu 43, 4th & 5
1 at the uga 47, 4th and 3
1 at the clemson 49, 4th and 8

the first to the cu 6, the 2nd a touch back and the last to the 8.

you want the ball there, you don't want to give up a stupid play in either the front or the back end of those kicks/situations. there was no "confidence" lacking or necessary to do the smart thing and run away from a kick inside the 10, all 3 of which landed there and you're not making a living setting up punt returns at your own gl.

as for our "conservative" play calling, we stopped forcing it down field, why i'm not sure, but in the first half, we took shots beyond the los. the drive with williams two drops started on the 16, the 2 drops were from the 19.

morris admitted he "fed" pruitt with the conservative play calling, but i've only seen it as an answer to being specifically asked about the 2nd half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Valid Response

Aug 31, 2014, 7:09 PM

But for the one punt that landed close to the end zone and was called a touchback, I still would have had the return on to prevent what ultimately happened. But that's me.

ok, if that's how you'd prefer to play it. if our offense

Aug 31, 2014, 8:44 PM

continues to "take a knee" there, i might join you.

Aug 31, 2014, 7:46 AM

You mean we actually had some play selections in the second half?
Could have fooled me.Obviously Jeremy Pruitt wasn't.

Aug 31, 2014, 12:48 PM

Well, we did make his job much easier with our decision to lose the field position battle.

Eventually you have to call your #### plays regardless of

Aug 31, 2014, 7:04 PM

field position. If you lose by 1 or 50 it's still a loss so go done swinging . Calling the same defeatist plays series after series was the same as raising the white flag. Earn your #### million plus!

Agreed, But

Aug 31, 2014, 7:13 PM

I concur with your sentiment about calling defeatist plays not specifically for Saturday's Georgia game, but in general. The problem is that I did not attend the game and could not observe if and or what Pruitt was doing differently to prevent the down field shots.

Re: Eventually you have to call your #### plays regardless of

Aug 31, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Eventually you have to call your #### plays regardless of ]

One of the truest posts so far .. I've been saying it since last night, chads play calling definelty helped us lose the game .

Who remembers our 1st offensive possession in the 2nd half? If you can remember that, you must agree with what I'm saying

What do you mean "You people?"

Aug 31, 2014, 8:41 PM

Nm

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,464
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic