Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if the acc, big 12 and sec play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,466

if the acc, big 12 and sec play

Aug 10, 2020, 12:14 PM

they should issue an open invitation to other schools from other conferences to join in if they are able to do so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if the acc, big 12 and sec play

Aug 10, 2020, 12:18 PM

no. we already did that with ND. they can vote to play but they cast their lot with their existing conference

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh id be welcome to having ohio state mich

Aug 10, 2020, 12:19 PM

and other teams who want to still play get involved..would make the season that much better

whatever schools want to play should be given that chance

Aug 10, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: if the acc, big 12 and sec play ]

I imagine that even if the ACC votes to play(and I'm afraid the vote won't go our way- probably 8-6 or something like that)then you're probably going to have at least Syracuse and probably some others bail. If the ACC vote goes like I think- narrow loss, then I would hope Clemson has the opportunity to play somewhere else for a season if others are playing. I hope that canceling the season takes some type of 2/3 or 3/4 super majority in the ACC to cancel though I doubt it does. The ACC is different though in several regards that make it hard to figure out- 1)does ND vote on this? 2)BC and ND are both religious schools- may be more prone to voting to play 3) the ACC has other private schools- are they more inclined due to finances to vote to play, save Duke who probably has an endowment to do without 3) are UNC/NCSU forced to vote the same based on this? what about UVA/VT? The fact the presidents are voting vs ADs makes it more likely to be canceled IMO. What are there backgrounds? how many won't face heat for their decision, etc.?

Aug 10, 2020, 12:33 PM

The players' grouping suggesting a Union, with a schedule of demands, will be the poison pill that kills college competitive sports. Do these young athletes realize the benefits that they are being granted--many have a free college education paid--a good ticket to an 'after sports' profession.
I do not yearn to see a unionized Clemson athletic team compete and suspect I am not alone. There is a difference between college and professional athletic competitions. With the DEMANDS & Unions that will evaporate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. By making demands, players create an

Aug 10, 2020, 12:57 PM

us versus them mentality. Fans will be left to choose sides, and many of us will choose our school over the players if it comes to that.

If it means sending less money to support athletics, or being prepared to see athletics as we know it go away, then so be it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 10, 2020, 12:54 PM

Let the other conferences sit at home.
Three conferences,each conference play a 10 game schedule,3 conference champions,and team with next best record( strength of schedule) play for the National Championship.

I agree but not going to happen

Aug 10, 2020, 12:59 PM

I doubted we would have a true national champion before the conferences started being such weenies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,466
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic