Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how is money exchanged when buying from an IPTAY seller?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

how is money exchanged when buying from an IPTAY seller?

Dec 11, 2019, 9:59 PM

This is my first time buying tickets via ads I see in TicketExchange on TNET. Most sellers seem to be real Clemson people. I understand these are Mobile Tickets, but how is the exchange of money done? I doubt private people would accept credit cards, so how are these deals done? I am asking so that when I find the tickets I can conclude the matter without undue worries/fear.

Really hoping our Tigers finish 30-0 this, 29-0 as the next step.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how is money exchanged when buying from an IPTAY seller?

Dec 11, 2019, 10:02 PM

PayPal or Vimeo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 11, 2019, 10:03 PM

Most use things like venmo or meet in person

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paypal

Dec 11, 2019, 10:17 PM

Do a little bit of due diligence to make sure you're dealing with a legitimate, honest person. I usually exchange some text messages and verify a few things about them (like their name, address, etc.).I've bought season tickets off of TNET. I've never been scammed. I'll pay up the full price up front, and trust them to mail me the tickets.

The only time I've ever been scammed was in person by those dudes that are always holding posters saying "I buy tickets." Now, if I ever have to buy a ticket in person, I make the seller walk with me to the gate to have the ticket scanned. I've heard others take a picture of the seller, which seems a fine way to help law enforcement after you've already been scammed.

Regardless... I've had a good experience dealing with people on TNET buying and selling tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paypal

Dec 11, 2019, 11:07 PM

I want to agree with the last post. I have bought tickets and parking passes off TNet. I have never been scammed and have used PayPal an on occasion a personal check. All sales have been just fine. There is a certainly confidence in using TNet.

Dec 12, 2019, 3:55 AM

PayPal or venmo, i usually use PayPal because i have had that account for a long time, i sold my acc tickets this year thru PayPal and venmo and had not issues receiving the money, and mobile tickets were transferred without any issues immediately.

Have been buying/selling on Tnet for quite a while...

Dec 12, 2019, 7:41 AM

and have always had a good experience. I've paid with Paypal, venmo, check, and cash. Call, text, email with the seller and if you feel uncomfortable don't purchase. Also check and see how long they've been a member on Tnet and their activity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 7:47 AM

Apple Pay is really the ONLY way to do that. Cash, other options won’t work at all. Just Apple Pay. Oh- I forgot- barter is an option too. A truckload of split oak is a fair trade, one would think.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it works like the ACCCG...

Dec 12, 2019, 8:30 AM

there is a transfer option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic