Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Judge Keller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Judge Keller

Dec 23, 2019, 1:54 PM

Honest question here - has Judge posted since the last couple of losses? I haven’t seen anything and am genuinely interested in the latest perspective.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judge Keller

Dec 23, 2019, 2:16 PM

His last login was 2 weeks ago. I think he's gone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about not worrying about him

Dec 23, 2019, 6:04 PM

he supports the current Clemson basketball coach and others don't. No need to call him out. "See I told you so" is cootish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how about not worrying about him

Dec 23, 2019, 6:11 PM

Agree with you and moab®, Neal in NC®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to how about not worrying about him ]

I watched JK troll almost every thread that opposed BB for nearly 3 years now. Sometimes you get what you were searching for.

Dec 23, 2019, 6:28 PM

I see it differently than calling him a troll. He’s been dog piled for his opinion is support of the team, program and coaches for multiple seasons so I don’t have a problem with “biting back” at times.

Yes, we are having a really rough year and last year was not what we all wanted. I think there are more constructive ways to discuss it than continuing to brow beat a supportive poster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh...my...goodness.

Dec 23, 2019, 6:34 PM

Why not just log on with judge keller if you feel the need to defend yourself? I'm sorry ma'am, but come on..this charade is kinda pathetic. Maybe if you tried to listen to others and stop refusing reality, maybe then you wouldn't need to hide behind your primary handle for fear of being "brow beat"? Why are you afraid to login with your primary handle? Because we're losing basketball games?? Gosh, please try to be more mature and stand your course.

My goodness, look how many times you tried to defend yourself in this thread alone - titled "Judge Keller". PLEASE GET A GRIP LADY!

Re: oh...my...goodness.

Dec 23, 2019, 6:49 PM

About a year ago i countered her BB post and JK zapped me with an extremely, almost unspeakably vulgar post. I was new to posting and didnt know who was who so my pulse is making some sense now.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Dec 23, 2019, 7:08 PM

man, that doesn’t sound like him at all. Can you post a link to that post?

Also, you’ve been a member since 05, but were new to posting a year ago?

Dec 23, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: oh...my...goodness. ]

JK doesnt post vulgar things. Wasn't him.

Exactly. These idjits are just making...

Dec 23, 2019, 11:11 PM

...stuff up now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 24, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: oh...my...goodness. ]

Exactly. Guess that’s why no response still @Carlsbad

Dec 23, 2019, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: how about not worrying about him ]

“Dog piled”? Seriously? JK argued relentlessly with any and every person with an opposing view of him/her in regards to Brownell. Nearly to the point of being obsessive. JK has every right to express him/herself on this forum. But to play the victim after poking the bear with countless people is just plain silly. If you’re brave enough to dish it out, but man/woman enough to take it.

Dec 24, 2019, 8:49 AM

When multiple users attack him personally, I think I’m well within the definition of dog piled.

100% what twentytwofifteen said

Dec 24, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: how about not worrying about him ]

I don't think anyone would disagree with a Clemson fan's undying support for a Clemson program. It's the passive aggressive, condescending attacks that turned people against Judge Karen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 23, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to how about not worrying about him ]

Agree with you and moab®, Neal in NC®

Dec 23, 2019, 11:38 PM [ in reply to how about not worrying about him ]

Maybe you should re-read what I said. I meant it. I genuinely want to know if Keller’s opinion or perception has changed.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:45 PM

Maybe a professional troll? I have no idea!

Dec 24, 2019, 12:49 AM

No.

A few of us believe that we can best support our Tigers by continuing to support them unconditionally as long as they are Tigers.

It is the job of an AD to set goalposts for his employees. If i attempt to set those goalposts for him, or even worse, my support is arbitrary based solely on the outcomes of the games, i have become a fair-weather fan. I understand that some ebb is inevitable; i myself have not attended a single game yet this year, so i have no cause to judge the fans who spend real money to attend and support the guys.

I doubt the players of any of our teams read T-net, and i am but one voice among thousands, but if my support ever helped a player fight for a loose ball or gave him confidence to smooth-stroke a free throw, it's worth it. As a parent of a middle and high-school player, i know my kid could hear me on the court. If attendance at Littlejohn keeps dropping, maybe i could make myself heard there, too.

If eventually D-Rad pulls the plug on the Brownell era, there will be many who crow "it's about time!" or "told you so". Personally, whatever tiny satisfaction i might get from being one of the first to predict the demise of a coach we invested in heavily is dwarfed by my desire to see him succeed.

And if we move on, what about the next coach? Do we want to cripple his first team with a poorly-planned transition? The landscape of college basketball is already stacked against us. Do we really think we can afford to be reckless in any transition?

I am not the Judge. He/she is certainly not alone in supporting Brownell. Tony Bennett has proven that ugly basketball can win in the ACC, but we have run out of excitement. Many fans on T-net still support our coach but don't want to argue about it.

Dec 24, 2019, 8:53 AM

Well said. Thanks for posting.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller ]

Well said

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller ]

Excellent post. I feel almost exactly the same way. I do think at some point that a program needs new life, but I don't think you do it by impugning the character of a coach, saying he "sucks", or otherwise questioning his character because he hasn't won enough games. Most on here have not done that, but a few have gone over the line. I would love to see another position here at Clemson that would open up for him, although he might not be interested.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 9:06 AM

I like and respect JK for his opinions and support of CLEMSON, but we just disagree tremendously on the BBall program and how it is run (or fails to run). I worked in business too many years and firing CBB would have been a no-brainer years ago, and finding a truly great coach if the fans would support a great program.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:11 AM

At the end of the day we all want better. Whatever that means, I support. I’m just going to choose not to run down the program or anything about what it is currently. I get people’s frustration and if they choose to express that in regards to CBB or otherwise.

I would agree with you, if I felt that Brad had been given what he needed to succeed.

Dec 24, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller ]

He had to scratch and claw for new facilities, which he finally got a few years ago. He also had to fight for a higher budget for assistants and support staff, which he finally got a couple of years ago.

Thus, I don’t simply view his tenure as 9+ years. The level playing field in terms of reasonable administrative support just kicked in 2-3 years ago.

Clemson fans who believe that Brad has had what he needs to be successful at Clemson from day one are failing to realize just how much of an uphill battle he’s had for most of his tenure.

I don’t know if he will turn things around, but I at least feel good that he has what he needs from the administration now to show what he can do. The improvements over the last two years in terms of wins and recruiting are very encouraging to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I would agree with you, if I felt that Brad had been given what he needed to succeed.

Dec 24, 2019, 7:36 PM

Your answers aren’t even serious anymore.

“scracth and claw”. Really? That’s awfully dramatic. Would you like to finally let us know your connection to Brownell that allows you to know the level of emotional toil his efforts to get funding have required? Like all coaches he has to lobby for what he needs to be successful. His failure to get what he needs, or take 8 years to get it, is a direct reflection on his ability as the head coach of a major conference team.

“I don’t view his tenure...”. That is sliding goal posts. Regardless of your feelings, this is his tenth season. And, he is moving backwards since getting everything you talked about. Sweet 16, to first round NIT, to almost certainly ineligible for the postseason. That is also facts. The teamed that should have peaked last year grossly underperformed. Also on him. No amount of rebuilding at the ACC level should involve a losing overall record and a sub 100 RPI. Ever.

“Fans who believe Brad had had...”. How about those of us that believe that Brad had literally, exactly what he needed to maintain the same level of success that Purnell had? Now don’t go on a tangent. Brad limped into the tourney in year 1 into a playoff game that never existed when Purnell was coach. It wouldn’t be till year 8 before he got back. What exactly did Purnell have that Brownell didn’t for 6 years, from year 2-7. Before you strawman this thing let me tell you - nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You are welcome to have an irrational attachment to Brad. Your allowed to be paid as a social media shill. I don’t know which you are. But there are no facts to support your notion that we are suddenly going to become magically successful. Brownell is paid in the top 30 of college basketball coaches - a metric he has only once arguably reached in results. Dabo famously gambled on himself and directed his own potential raises into revenue for his staff. Brad could have done the same at any time. So quit crying and pretending that the circumstances of his tenure aren’t fully within his control. It’s grotesque to watch you cry and whine on behalf of a man Clemson has made a multi-millionaire that we just don’t give him what he needs.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: I would agree with you, if I felt that Brad had been given what he needed to succeed.

Dec 24, 2019, 8:14 PM [ in reply to I would agree with you, if I felt that Brad had been given what he needed to succeed. ]

Judge just curious. When specifically does Coach Brownell assume 100% of responsibility for his program? Next year? Two years from now? Would like to know your specific timetable on this.

He’s ultimately the one responsible for the results.

Dec 25, 2019, 12:47 PM

But people need to realize that a lot of factors play into how successful we are, only some of which are directly in his control. The same is true for a coach of any other sport.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He’s ultimately the one responsible for the results.

Dec 25, 2019, 7:47 PM

Translate: he’s ultimately responsible but we shouldn’t hold him responsible because the job is really, really hard.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: He’s ultimately the one responsible for the results.

Dec 26, 2019, 5:06 AM [ in reply to He’s ultimately the one responsible for the results. ]

Still no definitive answer I see. Thanks anyway.

I said that Brownell is ultimately the one responsible for the results.

Dec 26, 2019, 10:56 AM

That’s definitive.

But you’re kidding yourself if you think that the other factors I mentioned don’t matter.

Per YOUR response above - ALL coaches deal with the same

Dec 26, 2019, 11:08 AM

thing.

And somehow, a LOT of coaches with the level of support Brad has had in the past and with the level of support he has right now - have won a TON more in their respective sport than CBB has.

A LOT of coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Like who?

Dec 26, 2019, 1:32 PM

Please tell us which coaches you believe have had support on par with Brownell?

Please remember to consider the support he has received his entire tenure, and not just the recent facility and staff upgrades.

I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:35 AM

1. We lost a LOT of production from last year’s team.
2. We are very young and inexperienced.
3. We’ve had notable injuries.

We all knew that this would be a rebuilding year. People are frustrated, including me, but Clemson basketball is bound to have a rebuilding year from time to time. This is one such year.

My biggest concern is the confidence level of our young team moving forward. I believe we have some very nice talent, especially the young players. They will get better. But we have to weather the storm right now.

We still don’t have enough scholarship players to go 5 on 5 in practice, and that’s a big deal with our youth and inexperience playing together a sa team.

We are slowly getting healthy. Baehre is in street clothes again, and that hurts with our already slim depth down low. Getting Trapp back will help a lot. He isn’t in game shape yet, but he already seems to be making a small difference. We still need Chase Hunter to get healthy, as well as Alex Hemenway. We can use all of the shooters we can get right now.

I think our best basketball is ahead of us. I am reminded of the following:

-We finally have adequate facilities and coaching staff in place
-We’ve won 20 games each of the last two seasons
-Our young talent on this years team is the best it’s been in at least a dozen years, if not longer
-One of our best recruiting classes ever will be arriving on campus next year

It’s obviously up to our coaches to make these guys winners. As we all know, it’s very tough to do in the ACC and at a non-basketball school like Clemson, but I believe they can do it.

I believe in this staff and players enough, and am encouraged enough by the above items, to be willing to weather the storm and see what happens in what I’ve accepted to be a rebuilding year.

Merry Christmas Judge

Dec 24, 2019, 11:15 AM

And Bless your heart

Go Tigers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm. ]

Thanks for your observations and thoughts. I hope they turn out to be valid. But if history is any purveyor of the future things won’t change much. I hope I am wrong.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

There's nothing worse than pretense

Dec 26, 2019, 6:35 AM

lthom022® . Your nonstop bashing of JK was sophomoric at best. Simply shameful.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm. ]

Deck chair rearranger on the Titanic.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm. ]

Thanks for posting!!

As a basketball season ticket holder I am very interested in your take on things. I think Clemson Basketball both Mens and women's needs those supportive voices more than ever right now.

The confidence level factor is....

Dec 24, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm. ]

a concern...they showed the team during the alma mater after the game....they looked pretty dejected for the most part.

I think the schedule coming up helps us with getting healthy. Big break before Miami game...then a few days before NCSU game...then a week before trip to UNC.

But we have to find a guard that can make a few shots by then.

God gave you extra helpings of optimism

Dec 24, 2019, 8:47 PM [ in reply to I think we are struggling due to a perfect storm. ]

Merry Christmas Judge. Heard you had some issues. Praying for them if accurate.

If you are correct, then I will take the “ I told you so” like a man.

Just don’t see it. AND - it is boring.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!

Dec 25, 2019, 12:50 PM

All is well here. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Re: Thank you!

Dec 25, 2019, 1:11 PM

And Merry Christmas to you!

Dec 25, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Thank you! ]

And Merry Christmas to you!

Dec 26, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Thank you! ]

I'd like to believe you and I think you have some good points. As I have said before, I like Brad a lot and think anyone resorting to name calling because he isn't winning enough are way out of line. There is never any reason to make it personal.

My main concern is just the "eye test" as to how we are playing. We seem to be jacking up way too many three-point shots and our inside game is just about non-existent. If that is our game plan, then I don't know what to say other than it sure isn't working. That is an identity that I don't think will meet success by this group of players. I'm also reluctant to think that Trapp and Bahre will make as much of a difference as many here, including you, think. It is sure fine to think that, but I'm not seeing how either will make a significant difference. I hope I am wrong.

I do not want to see Brad fired, but I sure want to see some sign that we are getting better ....... something that we have not yet seen this year.

Dec 26, 2019, 5:25 PM

I find it bizarre that a long-time poster here is getting ripped, and I mean ripped, for being too much of a Clemson supporter - ### ??

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic